Kiteoto

Who's Been To An Anime Con?

Oh comeon, I know some of you guys must have gone? Done a lil Cosplay? Comeon I can't be the only one dorky enough...please..? Oh god... whaaa

Well..I went to Sakura-Con last year..and this year..and I'll be goin' to Kumori-Con durring Labor Day Weekend this year..meep..anyone seen me/gana see me?

Ive been going to Otakon for the past 2 years...i dont cosplay but my sister did last year and is going to again this year...last year she went as Sakura from CCS and this year she is gonna try for Temari from Naruto and she also has an Ed costume already

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Ive been going to Otakon for the past 2 years...i dont cosplay but my sister did last year and is going to again this year...last year she went as Sakura from CCS and this year she is gonna try for Temari from Naruto and she also has an Ed costume already
Kool, to bad you guys don't live up here, it'd be fun to hook up with ya. ^_^

I've never been to an Anime Convention. Most of my friend have been to them though. I never been into the Cos-Play things. What do you do their?

Cosplay? Its not actually a "thing" its something people do. Cosplay is going to Anime Conventions and dressing up as an anime character. Most good anime conventions have contests for the best cosplayers there. If you do it, I recommend that you do a semi popular character or a character from a not very well known anime. You don't want to be one of 15 Vash the Stampedes there.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

You don't have to cosplay. Its just a fun thing some people who go to the cons do. You can go in whatever, actually.

If you want to see some very cool cosplay outfits, go to cosplay.com. Also, on the forums of the site, they have all kinds of cons going on across the US and you can see what some of the other people there are going to cosplay as and you can make little groups. For example, if you have 4 people all looking to cosplay, you could do the Cowboy Bebop group.

well, technically cosplay is dressing up and acting out that character in a contest......that's where it came from......well, used to be that....i love doing that....i went as Chocolate Misu one year....*anime civ form, no way in hell was i doing the suspenders!*......it was so much fun....i bought so much anime stuff i have no need for and i don't regret it....i would suggest waiting until the last day to buy stuff....a lot of vendors will mark things down so they have less to take back with them....i got me a $60 Vash the Stampede bust for $20 that way!.....^_^....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

well, technically cosplay is dressing up and acting out that character in a contest......that's where it came from......well, used to be that....i love doing that....i went as Chocolate Misu one year....*anime civ form, no way in hell was i doing the suspenders!*......it was so much fun....i bought so much anime stuff i have no need for and i don't regret it....i would suggest waiting until the last day to buy stuff....a lot of vendors will mark things down so they have less to take back with them....i got me a $60 Vash the Stampede bust for $20 that way!.....^_^....
Misu? Kool!! I went as InuYasha's Human form at this years Sakura-Con, I was the only one ^^ But I tok my costume from the year before that, Sanosuke. Heh.. I'm gana try to go as Gene Starwind for Kumori-Con this year...just because no one ever goes as him! I'm gana do it up right, costume make-up for the scars, and body art for the tats. ^_^

well damn i think you would have been a hit if you did the other form :-P

i may cosplay this year at Otakon...ill probably go and jsut some random Leaf ANBU cause you know the whole mask thing :-P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

well damn i think you would have been a hit if you did the other form :-P

i may cosplay this year at Otakon...ill probably go and jsut some random Leaf ANBU cause you know the whole mask thing :-P

actually, one girl did go as the manga version....with suspenders....and nothing under them....just some tape to hold them in place....they made her put a piece of cloth under them as well....it was pretty funny....and gutsy!.....i never would've had the courage to do that!.....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

*reads the post above his .... is even more interested in the character now ! :happy: X'D*

But seriously, it must be so much fun dressing up and stuff, but equally tough, the costumes are to make. Can you imagine, 10 years from now, technology would be so high, that you could be walking into such a fest in your very own Gundam ^_^

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

*reads the post above his .... is even more interested in the character now ! :happy: X'D*

But seriously, it must be so much fun dressing up and stuff, but equally tough, the costumes are to make. Can you imagine, 10 years from now, technology would be so high, that you could be walking into such a fest in your very own Gundam ^_^

Yea..Gene Starwind is gana be kind hard ta make...or atleast time comsuming to find the right materials..especially the cloak.. whaaa but well worth it. ^_^

Who is the coolest person everyone's met at a con?

Last year I had the occasion to meet Beau Billingslea and talk to him for about a half hour. Incase you don't know who that is, he has done dozens and dozens of voice parts. Most people would probably know him from Cowboy Bebop where he played Jet Black or from the Xenosaga games where he was Helmer. Anyway, hes a real cool, down to earth type guy.