Sledgstone

One Piece starting Saturday, April 23rd

http://www.ancientclan.com/content/view/169/85/

Good bye Dragon Ball GT! :P

who here is a One Piece fan? i've been watching the series on saturday mornings for a while now. i remember i was put off by the animation at first, but the show has really grown on me. i look forward to watching the beginning episodes that i missed. besides, i think i'd rather listen to luffy's voice than pan's any day. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

ZORO RULES!! Santoryu style, killer attitude, and bad ass mofo!

Sanji comes in at a close second, but I won't say anything since I don't know what you know... ;) I follow the manga, so I have some knowledge about the series, so if you have a question or two, let me know and I'll do my damnedest to answer 'em.

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

I just finished getting caught up with the manga. I really like the series, and for some reason I'm a big fan of all the guys of the series, but I hate all the women of the series. They're a little too trixsy for me.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

Well, 20 years ago, the Pirate King (basically the best pirate captain) was executed. But before he was, he said that he hid the fortunes that he stole (called One Piece) at the Grand Line. After that, all kinds of people became pirates to try to find One Piece, marking the start of the "Age of Pirates". 20 years later, a young guy starts off on his own dream of becoming the king of pirates. This guy is named Luffy and he has the amazing power of a rubber body. Earlier in his life, he ate one of the "Devil's Fruit" (fruit which gives you a random superpower) so now he can stretch his body to crazy porportions. The story is about him and his crew (crew names below)

Zoro the Pirate Hunter, Usopp the Liar, Nami the navigator, Sanji the cook, Chopper the reigndeer/doctor, and Nico Robin the archaeologist

and their search for One Piece.

i like how the series' intro opens:

Before the great pirate king was hung by the gallows he said:

My fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first, I left everything I own, in One Piece.

i looked up some info about one piece and its one of the biggest animes in japan.. over a hundred episodes, 5 or more movies.. massive manga. ^___^

i still don't know why they translate the letter R into an L tho.. Zoro is Zolo in the series just like Kirara is Kilala in the english version.. now kilala is one thing, but the name Zoro is significant. O_O;

I think if you listen to "Everyone's a little bit racist" from Avenue Q, you'd get an idea. But in general, Asians tend to mispronounce r's and l's because the sound is similar and the way you umm shape? your mouth to say them starts out the same.. but yah.. anyway. I love Zolo/Zoro!! ^_^ And I love how the beginning is told by Seto. :happy:

Just so you know "Anyone who tries to thwart love will hear the stomping of HOOves and cries of revenge."

I was going to say something... I swear....

What type of flowers are between your nose and your chin?

Two Lips!!

I never watched One Piece before except for today with the Sanji guy. I may watch it now seems to be pretty good. The only show I watched in the mornings was Shaman King. Does anyone like Shaman King?

I read the manga and I like it alot. The anime and manga basically follow the same path, but, in the anime, they spend a LOT more time in the desert.

My favorite character is Faust VIII.

sweet! no more Pan Screaming Show ^_^

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

all i have to say has been said by VGcats http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=145

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

...So help me god, if they get their mits on Naruto I WILL fuck somebody up.

CN already has there hands on it

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

im telling you they are gonna ruin the whole show

eppyomega.png

it won't be that bad, although it feels like they are editing out more adult language.. and i remember the first time i heard the english opening.. X'D

i love the next couple episodes. luffy is freakin hilarious! X'D

on a side note.. the amount of episodes i've seen on saturdays should mean they won't have to repeat any episodes on the saturday night block for at least 4-6 months.