Tanoro

Kirara/Kilala Fans!

We have threads about every other character from the good guys (Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, etc.) to the bad guys (Naraku, Kagura, etc.) to those that you just don't know about but you like them anyway (Sesshomaru). But no one ever mentions one of my favorite demon characters, Sango's little feline companion, Kilala, who is incidentally known as Kirara in Japan. I think little Kilala has played a fair part in the series. She is Sango's transportation, assists in attacking most weaker bad guys, and even has her own comedic moments. Not to mention, she's one of the cutest characters in the series. One of my favorite moments was in the episode entitled "Shippo Receives an Angry Challenge." Little Kilala is apparently vulnerable to catnip, aka "kitty crack." :happy: And I'm just guessing on this one, but did Kilala really have something to do with the priestess that created the Shikon Jewel?

kirara.jpg

dragon.jpg

"A dabbler walks the path to pick up the fruit upon it. A Pagan walks the path to see where it goes." ~Tanoro Lockheart

Guest miroku

Can't help you there on your last question, sorry. But Kirara is great. My friend and I just can't get over the Kirara sound! And, you are right, Kirara is key in the show to a lot of actions. Thank you for creating this thread! I hoped someone would do it eventually!

It seems that she might have, because in the episodes detailing that, at teh end of teh second ep, Kilala is seen dreaming of Midoriko(sp), so I would imagine that she was originally her partner like she is with Sango.

And, Miroku, I agree the mew/whistle sound is cute as hell, it just seems to really fit that form! :D

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

Yeah, that sound she makes is adorable. I'm a cat person, myself. If there was a breed of cat that looked like Kilala, I'd definately get one. :) It'd be a plus if it could transform too. :D

dragon.jpg

"A dabbler walks the path to pick up the fruit upon it. A Pagan walks the path to see where it goes." ~Tanoro Lockheart

Hah, wouldn't that be awesome ^_^ !! Kirara is pretty cool and a very vital character to the series, like most of them. She's ever ready to fight and sacrifice herself for the safety of her loved ones, Sango and the group.

Later in the series, Season 5ish somewhere, there's one episode where she disappears and stuff .... gave me a heartbreak

: /

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Oh? Does she come back, eventually? I'm not sure about this one, but I've heard rumors of Kilala having offspring much later in the series too. Anyone else heard the same thing?

dragon.jpg

Yes, I too have the Kirara plushie :happy:

It's ep 97 that Kirara "runs away". That ep is great. Shippo is hillarious getting everyone to admit how they've used Kirara and taken advantage of her; it shows Sango's father presenting her with Kirara and telling her that the cat demon is now her responsibility to look after.

Back in ep 26 when we learn how the jewel was made, we also are privy to see that Kirara was a companion to the priestess that created the jewel.

inuyasha269.jpg

The cave where Midoriko fought the demons is within the boundarys of the demon slayers village. I think after she 'died', Kirara just stayed there and was eventually seen as part of the community by the demon slayers. :(

It makes me wonder if Kirara is ment to have a female master/partner. Sango's father was a powerfull demon slayer, yet he gave the cat demon to his daughter.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yes, I too have the Kirara plushie :happy:

It's ep 97 that Kirara "runs away". That ep is great. Shippo is hillarious getting everyone to admit how they've used Kirara and taken advantage of her; it shows Sango's father presenting her with Kirara and telling her that the cat demon is now her responsibility to look after.

I loved that episode.

Poo Kirara. Everyone takes advantage of her.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

She was losing her hair! :( mean Inu Yasha!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Losing her hair? She was shedding? :P If I weren't a guy, I'd buy a plush toy of Kilala. I'll just buy one for my next girlfriend! :D

Hey! That does make sense! Kilala lived in the Demon Slayer village near Midoriko's cave. Since demons live longer than humans, Kilala could have been her partner as well! I wonder if Sango's father knew about that. He probably gave Kilala to Sango because he knew Kilala would look after his daughter.

dragon.jpg

Kilala Runs Away ep

Inu Yasha was praticing the windscar on her. She got zapped enough that she lost chunks of hair

:( She was going bald on her head :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

That is mean. I didn't think Inuyasha needed to practice that on someone anymore. I thought it was well mastered.

dragon.jpg

We only see him pratice w/ Kirara a little bit, but it does take him some time to get it right and Kirara was there for him. :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

You mean is it implied that he still does it regularly to Kilala? I haven't noticed before, but it's true that Kilala doesn't get much appreciation from the group. I gotta start collecting the DVDs soon. Such a long way to go to get to those episodes.

dragon.jpg

after he got good at it he didnt need to pratice w/ her anymore, it was back when he was still learning. :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Oh! I guess I missed that part. That was kinda mean. O_O The pic I posted of Kilala at the top was a cute scene though, with the Tsubaki's preistess sisters. Even the priestesses thought she was cute. :)

dragon.jpg

Yeah, I saw the part where he was practicing with her, but I didn't see the part where she lost any hair. Which episode was that?

dragon.jpg

In the ep where she runs away, Shippo recounts how he saw each of the others use Kirara. We se her balding in that ep ala flashbacks

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Indeed, a very funny + cute episode ^_^. And remember what Kagome did ?!

She used to wake Kirara up for something and/or used to tell her that she was going to the other world and that she'd be back in "just a while". Kagome goes to her world, takes her own time and a lot MORE time and poor Kirara's still waiting near the Bone Well.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Kagome also

Had a thing about touching Kirara's feet, pinching her nose while she slept and dressing her up in clothes out of curiosity.

...I saw you Kagome! ^_^;

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

That would actually be kinda cute. I once met a woman that knew how to make little puppy-sized sweaters out of old socks. One of those would look precious on Kilala. :D My cat loves to snoozle me, so cats can't dislike having their noses touched too much.

dragon.jpg