DeathscytheX

Diablo IV

While I'm excited I'm tempering my expectations until I see way more gameplay. I jumped on the Diablo 3 hype train to early and was extremely disappointed with what we were given at launch (now D3 is in a good place but it took way to long to get there). What would make me happy is if they bring back the skill trees from D2 but I highly doubt it as it looks like the combat is extremely similar to D3 with D2's darker world design.

Interested to see how Lilith coming back will play out considering she is one of the creators of Sanctuary and nowhere near as powerful as her dad or uncles (which Diablo is still out there somewhere, wondering if she's going to try and bring him back or try and steall his powers and become the next prime evil).

Edited by Strider Hiryu
I can't spell

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

aesthetics

1 hour ago, Strider Hiryu said:

While I'm excited I'm tempering my expectations until I see way more gameplay. I jumped on the Diablo 3 hype train to early and was extremely disappointed with what we were given at launch (now D3 is in a good place but it took way to long to get there). What would make me happy is if they bring back the skill trees from D2 but I highly doubt it as it looks like the combat is extremely similar to D3 with D2's darker world design.

Interested to see how Lilith coming back will play out considering she is one of the creators of Sanctuary and nowhere near as powerful as her dad or uncles (which Diablo is still out there somewhere, wondering if she's going to try and bring him back or try and steall his powers and become the next prime evil).

Skill trees are back and so are Rune Words, but they probably wont be as intricate as D2. Its sill very early and they said its not coming out soon or even blizzard soon so its subject to change, but I saw a skill tree with branches on a stone background. Their goal was to bring back the D2 aesthetics. After the opening ceremony I had to rely on streamer's that bought the eticket and wade through their blabber to hear what the panel was saying. There was a bit more gameplay shown there. But to answer your question, the combat will def be similar to D3.

A few notes from memory

It will be open world with 5 regions, hundreds of legendaries, and 5 classes to start. I can only speculate that Necro is one of the sure fire unannounced classes. Paladin is a classic, but I could see Demon Hunter returning to be the 2nd ranged and the physical ranged at that. I don't think Monk and Witch Doctor will make the cut.

Druid can transform on the fly, chaining mutli form attacks. Barbarian is straightfoward bruit force as always, I didn't get to hear the Sorceress part because it was muted as the streamer wanted to talk. 🙄 EDIT: I'm def going Barb. Watching the gameplay trailer again I notice he can swap between 3 different weapons in combat. The first he shows up he opens with staff, swaps to sword, and then to dual axe, holy shit. Hes got a maul on his back in a lot of clips while he fights with other weapons.

Rune Words are back and they will shift away from heavily focusing on gear sets, and place a lot more emphasis legendary gear. They don't want to pigeon hole people into builds anymore, and want you to be able to create a build you envision. Sets will still be a part of the game, they just won't be better than everything.

PvP will be in the game in public arenas, World events with world bosses will be in public areas as well. They showed 7 people taking on a big monster that is near the end of the gameplay trailer.

Mounts are customizable (probably the monetization of the game as leaked). Right now they're just horses, but you can change out their armor, skin, have trophies like demon heads and what not that hang from the back. Each class will have dismount skills. They showed the Sorceress turning into an ice ball and freezing a trash mob while the barbarian followed up with a dismount ground smash turning them into dust.

Dungeons will be 100% fully randomized and the story will be non linear. You can go at your own pace, explore the world, do repeatable events and jump back in at any time.

Thats all I can remember, but I believe that was most of it. They have another panel tomorrow about the game's systems.

EDIT: here is a pic of the skill tree briefly shown.... although now looking at it its a talent tree, the skills are a different tab.

20191101_145708.thumb.jpg.a118a4c7e5dd346df062fdba74304615.jpg

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Meh, I'm still tempering my expectations. Quite honestly Blizzard has done nothing over the last 5 years to make me think they're worth investing the money in anymore. When I see more gameplay I'll make my full decision but this will most likely not be a pre-order for me (unless the collector's edition is worth my while). I want to know how in-depth this talent tree is and how in synergizes with your abilities (and, by the looks of it, there isn't separate trees for different play styles/magics (no idea what class that screen shot is for but that doesn't look all to promising for me (I enjoyed sorcs having three different trees to specialize in in D2 and that's what I want to see back)). D2's skill tree was extremely in-depth and that's what made the game so fun to me as two people could have completely different play styles going down the same skill tree (no two lightning sorcs were the same unless they specced the same) on the same class.

Also I'm disappointed in not seeing Demon Hunter confirmed to be coming back (I knows it's broken but it's by far the best class in D3 barring Necro (though I can't make a complete comparison as my Necro never made it past the first chapter as I lost interest in D3 after it came out)). Honestly it feels like they're going full D2 so I wouldn't be surprised to see Assassin or Amazon come back (I'm banking on Necro coming back which would make me buy it if the gameplay meets my expectations as Necros were my favorite class in D2 second only to Sorcs).

Will have to wait and see. I don't expect this to come out until sometime next year at the earliest.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Unfortunately with the addition of PvP I'm concerned about the overthinking of balance. They should just let it be even if something is so broke af that it cant be beaten. There will always be that loud annoying group that claims they only play PvP, and PvE is boring, so PvP should be balanced at the cost of PvE. I also feel that it will contribute to the status quo of limited trees. I'm not asking them to go all Path of Exile on us, but hopefully we get more than D3 was. Did D2 even have talents? I remember 3 skill trees and playing with your attributes. It would be nice to have 3 skill tree sets and talents be another layer to it. Hopefully they avoid the "pick between these 4 things in this one slot". (watching a stream now it I don't know what to make of the skill panel. Its def not 3 trees tho) But Barb can equip 4 weapons at once.

I can see Amazon. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I figured they'd have 2 Melee, 2 Ranged, and a Caster with 5. Right now Barb is physical melee, Druid is magical melee, Sorceress is magic ranged, but I guess she could be considered caster too. Ones def gonna throw spears and have bows. 

Screenshot_20191101-231204_Gallery.jpg.b618b3b6c27434ce25fae3b9616bea90.jpg

Screenshot_20191101-231720_Gallery.thumb.jpg.eedca20856228b4594d729d05be11d44.jpg

At a glance it looks like they totally ripped off Guild Wars 2 dynamic events and world boss system. I'm ok with that. 160 dungeons? Its looking promising. I really dig the old school, less colorful tone of the world.

Kinda disappointed no demon hunter. I'll probably main Barb and alt Rogue.