DeathscytheX

TWD Series 3

Um.. only 10 years later from the start of the apocalypse and modern society looks like it's basically back up and running in small scale. That doesn't seem possible at all. Hell, Judith is 10 now. So this series is happening in the exact same time as the current walking dead season except somewhere else in the country? Wtf.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The first episode of The Walking Dead: World Beyond was on last sunday. God that was boring. They took completely sheltered kids, made sure everyone of them is somehow a minority group, young black woman with an education, her sister that doesn't look related to her at all, maybe another minority and she was adopted?, nerd white kid, and white kid with I'm guessing aspergers or something. None of them are in good physical condition to fight off the undead. By the end of the episode they all leave their community together to go travel to NYC.. 1100 mile trip from where they are. This group making it to that location in the world of TWD is almost laughable. It felt like I was watching a combination of Stand by Me and a variety of other cliched movie themes but it takes place with zombies. The final scene where they all left together completely felt like watching the Hobbits leave the Shire together. A small group with no hopes of survival embarking on a huge journey. But it works out for the hobbits.. because it is fantasy with a crap load of amazing supporting hero characters. For TWD World Beyond, this group shouldn't survive the first 2 weeks outside their community walls. And none of them have even killed a walker before until that first day they went out. -_-;

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg