Sledgstone

Epic Games Store

Looks like Epic Games Store will be here for the long haul with all those exclusive game deals, Fortnite still being popular and the free games they keep giving away. So I made an account. Feel free to add me to your friends list if you have an Epic account. Username: Sledgstone

As of right now Epic is giving away 1 or 2 games free every week and you just have to add them to your account, like PS+ games on PSN.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/free-games-collection

For Honor and Alan Wake are free for this week.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I feel like most of the big games that go exclusive are things I'll buy on console anyways. They're spending a lot of money to pull these exclusives I dunno how long they can keep that up. BL3 will be the big test. We'll see how many PC only people can actually wait 6 months to get it. If they spend a bunch of money and not enough people buy it, they'll be hurting. I honestly don't care either way. I've opened steam up maybe 5 times in the last year, all to play 1 game. lol

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Too much bad publicity surrounds Epic Game Store for me to ever join.

1. Talk about Chinese Spyware in Epic's launcher.
  2. Steam preordering being removed to make (timed) exclusives for Epic.
  3. Epic try to compete with Steam Sales without a Shopping Cart.
  4. Game Developers not knowing that Epic was going to make their games cheaper during said sales.
  5. Shenmue 3's broken promise for Steam Keys as they decided to go with Epic instead.

I wouldn't even buy an Epic Humble Bundle at this point with how much bad publicity they're getting.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I doubt I'll use Epic much, I figured I'd get the free games added to the account for now. I hardly play anything on Steam anymore, but I have gotten into the habit of launching it every day again to stream Guild Wars 2 from my pc to my laptop so I can grind it at max settings while watching a movie in my living room. Epic's game store seems very lackluster. Its so basic and its no where near steam's quality right now. Epic must be paying ass loads of money to these developers for exclusivity or timed exclusives. If they have that much money to spend, they really need to upgrade their store and launching program. I honestly didn't notice the shopping cart until you mentioned it.. I thought it was odd I couldn't claim both of those free games at the same time.. turns out theres no shopping cart for this online store.. wtf. Humble bundle's online store is a better experience.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg