DeathscytheX

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

I'll bite. Apparently there is already "controversy" over women being shot.. and I'm like "wait a minute, this is what yall wanted.." I mean where is all the diversity celebration from BF5? This isn't even a historical game so its fine and actually makes sense in today's world.

That being said, I'll want to see more, but if it has reimagined old maps, I'll probably get it. I didn't get MW1 Remastered when it was standalone becasue by that time it was infested with weapons that were never in the game. I can overlook being a purest for a reboot. I doubt I'll dedicate anywhere near the amount of time into it, but I wouldn't have played a multiplayer FPS in what will be 2 years when this comes out. I'll also be interested how different the story will be.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Unfortunately there is no raw footage. And YT is just dominated by dudebro's saying "bruh" every 10 seconds over the people already streaming it. The full reveal will be August 1st. I've never been an S&D fan, but this mode does look pretty fun. My main focus was the gunplay which looks really good tbh. Of course looking good on a controlled network environment is one thing. The FAMAS and MP5 were really giving me some nostalgia... still absurdly large hit boxes on the sniping though which is typical of a decade old engine. I hear Spec-Ops is going to have 10 maps, so I'll probably pick this up for shits and gigs. I've taken a massive break from these types of games, I always have the itch, but at least for the first few months it will be pretty fun.

EDIT:

On one hand I'm glad the mini map is gone and UAV is a bigger kill streak. People will be less likely to invest in a larger non lethal killstreak. The personal radar is more selfish at 4 kills, so there will be a lot less help for people that can't string 4 together without seeing red dots on a map. On the other hand I can see the issues with spawn flips and not knowing where you team is. I would be fine with bringing the mini map back to only show your teammates unless you get a personal radar or UAV. Killstreaks being back over scorestreaks is huge. This game seems to be reverting back to more skillful play and less handholding and giving lesser skilled players an advantage to end your streaks.

I'll preface this by stating that I've never been good at small tactical gameplay. Search and Destroy has always been my worst game mode, and I've never liked 1 life modes. But this 2v2 is pretty amazing. I guess if works for me because if you die, you get put back into the action fast so there is very little downtime like S&D if you're the first to go down. I played a few hours of this and had a blast even if I got my ass handed to me a bunch. The only things I don't like are shotguns wild inconsistency and the 5 second delay on tactical/lethal equipment. I mean if the other team is dumb enough to stand in the spawn, they deserve to get double KOed. Most matches never see any nades because the match is over before the cool down runs out. I think 2 seconds is fair.

Here is a montage of my best matches. My friend doesn't have PS+ as he is more an Xbox guy, so we couldn't party chat and for some reason it only recorded his voice like he is talking to himself. XD  The M14 is a monster amongst men in this game. I wish I got to use it more, holy shit is fucking RIPS. Its like the second match in the montage. I'm pretty proud of my long range Deagle headshot as well.

Footsteps are everything in this game. My turtles died today and I'm done with the company as a whole. They've regressed with some cost cutting measures over the years. the last 2 pair I bought were defective and then broke in a few months. Neither had optical input and sounded worse than the old ones that lasted me 5 years. I got some Astro A40s and its the best headset I've ever owned. (it better be with what I paid for them). They're crazy comfortable. But yeah the sounds in this game are phenomenal, the gun play is amazing too. This being only an alpha I have high hopes for the full game.

It's been a while since I've been generally excited for a COD game. Playing the 2v2 Alpha boosted my confidence in how good this game is. Crossplay means they pretty much have to have dedicated servers and no P2P play. My only concern is microtransactions a few months after release. This big player count battles are going to be interesting. With a ton of gamemodes diluting the playerbase, the crossplay should keep most of them populated.

I didn't get the chance to try the 2v2 alpha with my brother but he did say he enjoyed it alot. How was it with no mini map? Did you get used to it quick? I have hardly played BFV at all over the last year, like maybe a handful of conquest games, not just because of lack of time (thats alot to do with it tho), but because of the spotting and mini map changes. I can't find a damn person in it. Maybe because the maps are so huge but without spotting or having enemies lit up on a mini map I really lost interest in the game. Maybe with CoD it'll be easier to engage enemies with the maps being significantly smaller than BFV conquest. These FPS modern combat style games are all going for realism while I want a more non realistic experience. Eventually with graphics improving every day eventually these games will have to draw a line for true realism.. imagine battlefield and call of duty graphics so good it literally looks like you are killing real people. I'd rather the games keep some realism out while still providing great gameplay, gun mechanics, physics, etc. But god I miss shooting towards red doritos on battlefield.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The general consensus among the big YTers is that its fine for 2v2 and maybe even traditional 6v6, but for the 20v20 they got to try it was awful not having a minimap. For 2v2 I don't think there should be a mini map. The maps are incredibly small, and matches only last 2 minutes max whether anyone dies or not. If people just sat in each corner for 2 min, the match is declared a draw. This forced fast pace is what makes the mode great to me. You can't slow it down, the show is going to go on no matter what. This is what made the most interesting to me because you never knew what type of team you're going to get. After 1 or 2 rounds I could get a feel of what the other team was. Sometimes I would get the cautious hang back type, in which I would flank with super sprint and go for the double kill if I had an Assault Rifle or LMG. The super aggressive type I'd stick around the back of the map and peak cover. And then you had the disjointed team that would do the same thing every round. The one time me and my friend went 6-0 is when these two guys would literally run the same exact route and die the same way every round. XD It's definitely a mode you can enjoy with your Bro because playing solo really sucks if the other team is a party of friends. Communication and listening to sound is everything. The maps smallness leads to you being able to see which way the other team is going. You both start behind cover and when you run left or right you'll either see the other team run the way you're going or you don't which means they went center or the opposite way. Calling this out to your teammate can be decisive if the other team is just two randos doing whatever they want. When its two teams with communication that's when its most fun because it gets super intense. We had quite a few 5-5 match points and that's when it gets real.

For me the minimap isn't an issue for traditional modes. Because for me is eliminates the cause of the majority of all my CoD deaths. When MW1 came out, you could choose a perk called UAV jammer. The game only had 3 kill streaks and UAV was the first one you got. Naturally a UAV was up almost all the time revealing your location. I discovered that if I ran a suppressor at the cost of my red dot sight and stopping power. I was a lot more successful on a lot of maps because no one could see my red dot... EVER. I could freely sneak to the other side of the map and get quad feeds behind the enemy and they'd rarely catch on because the mini map told them nothing. MW2 took it to a new level with Cold Blooded where your name plate wouldn't be visible and even the cross hairs wouldn't turn red. Maybe that was a little extreme, but the killstreaks were more advanced and automated in MW2 so not being able to be seen and auto targeted by them along with your red dot staying off the minimap was everything. It was worth sacrificing other more popular perks to stay invisible. After MW2 though, COD no longer let you stay off the mini map or be invisible to automated killstreaks... at least not all at the same time. They divided up the perk between 3 different ones. Often in the same tier so you couldn't have it all still. You could stay off the mini map but not hide from the UAV, or the other way around... or you could hide from kill streaks but everyone can still see you on the mini map. Basically stealth was hard nerfed along with some ridiculous nerfing to damage with suppressors when historically you just sacrificed range and accuracy.

So not having a mini map to me is good, because it brings back my play style to the game. There is a personal UAV at 3 kills which I don't mind because its only for that 1 person to use and not for lesser skilled people that can't string 3 kills together without a mini map. There is a traditional UAV which is now like 7-8 kills. Which no one is going to want to use when you can have a big lethal streak in that slot. So UAV has been nerfed effectively.

I am for bringing the mini map back as long as you still need the personal UAV to see any dots. You should only be able to see your teammate and their icons dispensary when they die IMO. CoD is not battlefield, the maps aren't big enough to warrant spotting. There is a Operator that has a drone that can spot people, and I'll be the first one to shoot it down when I see it. I loved spotting in BF, so having conflicting opinions about them both is odd, but its the way I feel.

*sigh* I really hope this is beta only but after all that talk of UAV being a high streak, its 4 kills on the beta. Without a mini map its an overwhelming advantage for one team to see everything on a mini map and you don't get to see where they are when they shoot. I was ok with the lack of mini map until this came to light. And you have to suffer through this until level 12 to get the Ghost perk. This is just going to force Ghost and rocket launchers as a necessity. Terrible. -_-;

Ah.. thats the kind of thing that I hate. Since I'm such a casual player this wouldn't be fun for me at all. Within the first day or two everyone will marathon the game to level 12, get the ghost perk.. but me. I'd end up being under level 12 for months and I'd get farmed repeatedly. x_x I'll definitely try out the beta if I get the time this weekend. I'm about to set it to download now.

I got to play the beta for 2 hours yesterday. It honestly felt like every other call of duty game to me again except with different maps. Except it felt like ADS was incredibly slow. I had a couple decent rounds, but for the most part I felt like I was just getting farmed constantly. I never liked Killstreaks. I think they are pointless and just give a good player an overwhelming advantage. Its one thing if a player was already an expert and can go 20-5 every round, but add killstreaks to that and that same person will be in a jet raining down death on everyone the moment they spawn and that happened repeatedly. I'm sure that person is having a blast, but I don't find it enjoyable or even remotely balanced, but thats what every call of duty game is, always has been and always will be. eh, its not my cup of tea. Oh, and yeah these maps are small but god the spawning was horrible. I'd get shot in the back so often because I'd spawn almost in front of enemies that I got used to immediately turning around after spawning to rush into somebody. The only time I knew I had a safe spawn is by looking at the mini map and seeing 1 or 2 other teammates spawning right next to me. By the end of my 2 hours I was mostly having a k/d of 1.0 and I got over rank 5 to get customizable loadouts, etc. The game is decent for what it is but its not something I'll rush out to buy. Like Battlefield 1 & V, I'm guessing I'd have a more enjoyable experience if I was playing with actual teammates I was talking to and coordinating with instead of some randoms that have static mics crackling over my audio (I had to mute mics after the 4th round, it was just people being profane or making noise for the hell of making noise). I will say tho, domination mode felt extremely similar to BF's domination and that game mode was the most fun I had out of the beta.

I haven't liked TDM in years. I didn't play any when BL3 came out, so I never got to play with the mini map always on. But I didn't like how they were forcing me to play TDM if I wanted to get a round of Domination in. I don't know if they changed that but the preorder exclusive didn't allow you to take TDM off the filter. I stucked with Headquarters for the most part. These maps encourage camping so I'll stick with objectives which camping is a strategy. Demolition will always be my favorite game mode, I don't know if it will be in this one or not.

I always prefer the git gud COD kill streaks over anyone can get them by racking up cheap points without getting a kill. Thats just me though. The cruise missile was too annoying to use when I got it. Its animation took forever, and I never got hit by one either because you have an eternity to hide from the time its announced to when they actually get to aim with it. Everyone can get inside buildings. The predator missile in MW2 was so much better because you didn't have to wait 5 seconds to hit the boost button.

I just read up on the battle passes for fortnite since I don't play it. Looks like you can buy a battle pass for about $10 worth of in game currency. With the battle pass you can get the season rewards including skins and earning more in game currency. And it looks like its been 9 seasons since last October, so roughly $90 a year.. unless someone plays so much that they earn enough currency to continue paying for the next seasons with the earned currency.

I'm glad CoD is getting rid of loot boxes, but at the same time, if they don't let you pay for the battle passes with in game currency, then they could just as easily lock weapons behind different seasons/battlepasses. If that happens, then it could still be pay to win and they'll get everyone into FOMO (fear of missing out) by having some random OP weapon locked into a season's rewards. Assuming CoD's life span is only 1 year, if they can squeeze in 9 seasons in a year like fortnite, then in the end they could make more money than a traditional season pass and thats just for the battle pass sales, not counting the microtransaction store. Watch them start putting new perks as season pass rewards to entice people to buy it.

They've stated that all new weapons or balance altering equipment will not be in battle passes. They could always go back on their word, but at this point its not the best idea after Blops 4. Sales have been on the downward turn for years now, and when most of your playerbase abandons the game and the wales have no one to play with anymore then they go elsewhere. If I had to guess, you'll probably have to buy the battlepass, if they add an in game way to earn it, it will be absolutely absurd... like 14 hours a day grind absurd.

I beat the campaign since the servers weren't working at the 9pm digital launch. Its your standard fair 6 hour campaign. If Call of Duty wasn't the title game, I'd say it was a respectable effort. But this was COD trying to be way too serious. It wasn't bad by any mean, but it lacked that umpf, over the top signature holy shit moments that MW1-3 had. By next year I'd only be able to point out one memorable moment outside of the traditional being in a crashing chopper spot.  The characters and visuals were amazing. The story was too much for only 6 hours. I wish they'd for once actually make a 20 hour campaign. The last mission was severely anti-climatic. They say this was a soft reboot, but in actuality it was a full prequel.

As for the mutliplayer. There is a ton to grind for. Camo's attachments, blue prints for different weapon skins, challenges for decals and player cards. I'll never get them all, but its cool for hard core grinders. I'm hit or miss with my matches. Sometimes I get destroyed and sometimes I do well. But its mostly because I'm supremely rusty, and not some BS lag, cheaters, or terrible guns. I do love me some AUG though.

They buffed dead silence today so now I'm really digging the full steath gameplay. People on reddit are crying that they can't be UAV whores, which for now brings me delight as long as IW doesn't cave. Still plenty of people show up on UAV, so its not like everyone or even a majority of people are using it. Just the people killing those that have their eyes glued to their mini map when snipe camping... pretty much everyone that died in this video basically.... it would be more impressive if I didn't kill myself with my own sentry. -_-; XD

While I agree the 725 is still OP, the M4 doesn't need a nerf. Meh, its just this games M16/FAMAS/ACR/UMP45 etc. It's a jack of all trades gun, but it doesn't have the TTK of the AK or Oden. Anyone with better aim is going to beat the M4 9/10 times, and those same players aren't dumb enough to challenge long range with these weapons. People have moved away from the camping double claymores. Of course I don't play TDM, but it was prevalent in Domination and Headquarters. Less so now I guess that people unlocked their camo challenges and what not and people have started playing the game.  I still don't love FPS as much as I use to, but I enjoy a few hours here and there. I use to be able to sit in front of the TV for 12 hours straight and never get tired of it. XD

The Battle Pass system is pretty good as it is now. Apparently in BO4 they started out good and got shitty soon after. We'll see how it goes. There are 100 tiers That will take you 200 hours to complete. I think the first 80 are free? I could be wrong but it goes up to a certain amount and then you have to buy a battle pass upgrade to get the last however many tiers. These last tiers are cosmetic only, and you can choose to buy at any given time instead of the start. That way if you're a dedicated player but you ran short on time one season due to personal life issues, you don't have to spend your COD points to upgrade if you know you wont make it all the way through the tiers. The 2 weapons will take about 20 hours to get someone calculated as they're both sub 30 tier. Basically it takes longer to get to the max soft cap rank 55 than to obtain these weapons so I feel like thats pretty fair. The question is what will they do when the season is over? Will they sell them individually if you missed out on the free period? Basically you don't have to spend a dime and just play an hour a day for 2 months to get the weapons is what it breaks down too. People are still complaining about that, but if you aren't playing MP for at least 20 hours in 2 months why did you even buy this game? If you're an ultra hard core COD fan, you can grind out the whole battle pass and get more COD points than you put into it and buy the next one with your earnings. So in theory if all you do is play COD you won't have to spend any money outside of the  season 1 battle pass premium purchase. All of this sounds too good to be true for Activision XD 

The store is where they decided to be douchebags. They have cosmetic bundles that are around $15-20 each. They come with an operator skin, weapon charm, some stickers, a blue print (a gun skin), and maybe a calling card or emblem. The price isn't the issue, the issue is you can only see what they show you, and if you want more options you have to buy a bundle for a new one to appear in that spot. Apparently they rotate out every 24 hours, but you could be waiting days or weeks to get the one you want. Impatient people will spend a ton of money just to get the one they want to rotate into the store. I mean more power too them, but it seems like thats a small minority of players. They'd make more money just letting people pick whatever they want overall and the whales are gonna whale regardless. I think XclusivelyAce, without mentioning it directly, noticed that patent matchmaking in affect. COD has Score Based Match Making... basically trying to keep you at a 50% W/L 1.0 KDR. People hate it and IW has refused to acknowledge its there.... honestly git gud though. I've started tearing off some 38-6's 21-4's here and there. Its possible, its just not gonna be every match. Anyways Ace basically stated once he bought a bunch of skin bundles he noticed he started getting lobbies with scrubs that were oblivious to any type of map awareness and he was just stomping people into the ground. Basically he was put into less skilled lobbies so people could see his bling in their kill cams.

The game isn't perfect, but I think is pretty enjoyable. It's better than anything I've played since Black Ops 2, but it doesn't quite beat anything before that.... except MW3... that was utter trash.