DeathscytheX

The Next Generation of Consoles

I would've bought a 4K TV for the PS4 Pro if I didn't already buy a 1080P TV for the PS4. This talk of 8K TVs is just a reminder I'll probably skip buying a PS5 & 4th Xbox.

Unless PS4 outsells PS3 in Japan I have doubts that the PS5 will either. PS5 won't fail as bad as Xbox does in Japan. But I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo never loses Japan again.

A refurbished Xbox 360 connected to a CRT TV remains my main console of choice. And after that is no longer supported I guess I end up being an Unintentional Nintendo Fanboy because console might as well mean TV sold separately.

Still going to remain subscribed to GWG & PS Plus for the little hope I have for Xbox & PlayStation handhelds that can play Xbox One & PS4 Games.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

8k tv seems like a long way off from here, but definitely within the next 5 years of the expected new console's life span. I'd be surprised if the ps5 would give us 60 fps constantly on a 4k tv. For an 8k tv it'll probably support it but be lucky to hit 30 fps unless it drops settings lower. I say that because current graphics cards that could do 8k now are $1,000 by itself. Sony won't put that strong of a card into the ps5 and keep the price point down. And considering there's already dev kits of the ps5 out there for developers they're already set on what the specs are. Whatever strength they say the GPU is can be amazing for loading times for that spiderman game, but once all the games coming out are standard 4k I'm sure PC master race will declare the new consoles obsolete with in the first 6 months.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If there is talk of 12K TVs if or when PS5 Pro or PS6 do 8K then I might continue to skip console generations until HDMI Cables are obsolete. Smallest 4K TVs I could afford are 40-43 inches wide. Someday when I can afford an 8K TV the smallest I guess will be 65 inches wide. Then after that (if there is 12K TV) I guess my next TV would have to be a Wallpaper TV because my Door is 6'1" Tall connected to a small narrow hall & a narrow stair. Then any Wallpaper TV beyond that couldn't be beyond 6'6" Tall because then it gets too big to properly fit on any wall in my apartment.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Wait even longer and after the wallpaper TVs the next step will be 48k contact lenses. The tech will be so advanced and small it can powered by your own eyeball heat and will be synced to your phone. Choose a video or movie to stream and your entire vision will be filled with life like imagery, full 3d, etc. Put in the earbuds and you're all set. Want to play a game, no problem, switch it over to the playstation app and grab a controller.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg