Myk JL

No physical copy for the physical copy of Wolfenstein Youngblood on Switch?

I know I will be canceling my GameStop order because there is "No cartridge for this game. Code will be packed in box. Internet connection required." I'm also considering trading in L.A. Noire, Resident Evil Revelations Collection, Wolfenstein 2, Doom, & canceling Resident Evil Origins Collection. But those other actions depend on how I feel on 5/10/2019.

*Edit 1* Because I prefer ReviewTechUSA….

*Edit 2*

I forgot to look at the back of the cases & added Doom to the list of games I might trade in.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm so lazy now, I can't be bothered with physical copies anymore. I rather just scroll right on the console UI and pick the game I want to play without swapping a disk or cartridge. The last physical game I bought was Destiny 1, and before that it was MGSV maybe? I dunno.. which ever came out last. I have 7 PS4 discs, and 5 of those are from a bulk preorder I made when I traded in my PS3 and all of its games for the first year of launch titles that PS4 had. At the time I didn't have enough cash to dedicate to buying games outright. Now that I'm financially able to buy the games I'm interested when I want. I don't have the desire to trade in anything for 10% of what I paid for it. The switch does present an issue as buying extended memory for it isn't exactly affordable compared to the competition. I bought a 250gb card for mine and it works just fine since I don't buy too many games for switch.... but it certainly wasn't cheap.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm surprised they're even doing a physical sale of the game if it's digital only. I only own about 6 or 7 ps4 games on disk. I've been buying digital only for ps4 and steam for years. Digital for ps4 mostly because my system was faulty and would spit out disks randomly. But ever since psn started doing actual decent digital sales years ago I stopped buying physical copies altogether except for bf5 that I bought on disk.

There's been plenty of other games with no disks tho. I bought a couple sims 4 expansions for lady earlier this year and the physical boxes came with digital codes and no disks. That was PC version tho. Maybe it's more common with PC games.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

They're doing the same thing for Shadowbringers when it comes out (sadly but whatever, I only ordered it for all the special little goodies I'm getting with it). It's more common with PC games but I honestly don't know why they do it (outside of charging for the packaging) if the game is digital only.

As much as I hate it this is what gaming is going to and sadly I'm slowly adopting it (I don't like the idea of buying a digital download since we technically don't own the game (and the fact they have the audacity to charge $60 for a digital download is fucking retarded), just a license to play it which can be lost a lot easier then a physical copy (especially if you get hacked or locked out of your account)). Plus with console manufacturers refusing to give us consoles with hard drives that can actually install more than four games it's harder to get on board with it (I'm fine with digital purchases on PC since its a lot easier to upgrade your storage or get external storage (that doesn't require you to format it for a specific console), that and I'm slowly starting to move to PC gaming since console gaming isn't worth it anymore). Most of my PS4 games I own physical copies for (outside of Nier, Ace Combat 7, Detroit, and Destiny 2 and the free ones we get every month), then again I'm not lazy and don't have a problem with switching discs when I want to play something new 😛

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

1 hour ago, Sledgstone said:

I'm surprised they're even doing a physical sale of the game if it's digital only.

That is what surprises me too. Especially since I don't plan on hooking my current Nintendo Switch to the internet. So even if I wanted it for the case it would be useless to me.

I'm not against Digital Distribution. My PS4 was nothing but Digital Distribution. Mainly because Blu Ray was no longer Sony exclusive, Used Games would eventually stop working, plus I have a history of breaking the disc readers in both my PS3 & former Wii.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.