Eventually I'll finish up my reviews of the last season in a half, but I must say this was on of the most delightful next to My Roommate is a Cat, ENDRO, and Meiji Tokyo Renka. More slice of lifey than haremy as the fanservice is pretty tame, and the main character doesn't suck as covered in the video. If you enjoy constant folly and good humor, its a fun watch.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

In case my upcoming review can't capture the magic of this utterly bizarre masterpiece, this has it covered. XD This was seriously this seasons biggest surprise, and could also contend for best in show. With Funimation teaming up with Rightstuf, I'll def have to watch Revolutionary Girl Utena when it goes up. What is even CRAZIER is that Kunihiko Ikuhara directed both of these... but started out with Sailor Moon and left because he felt restricted creatively... and the next season was Sailor Moon Stars after he left. XD

What a travesty this last season has been. Piss poor production values, absolute shit writing... but hey. It will still be my favorite shounen series ever. I spent more than half a decade with these characters and love them all, their bond (FRIENDSHIP!) and all that they've been through. Erza is my super ultra ultimate best girl ever that will never ever be dethroned (Sorry Minako Aino). especially after Erza vs. 100. MHA's Sports Festival is hands down the best tournament arc I've ever seen, but the Grand Magic Games of Fairy Tail is something special as well, and is the pinnacle of the series. I just wish the series got the ending it deserved with all the romance angles paying off (Juvia deserved a payoff) and a super bad ass fight with Acnologia and not some Spirit bomb rip off.

People can shit on FT all the want about no one dying and no stakes, but thats Shounen for you... very few kill off characters forever. I'll still miss you Fairy Tail 😢 #MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Did the anime end with the potential sequel quest like the manga did? I remember being so disappointed with the last arc and then it ended with the new quest and I figured they're ending it with fairy tail going back to normal guild stuff now that all the large plot lines were mostly resolved. And then a year later the sequel manga started up right where the first series ended... and the writing didn't improve at all. :(

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I got 2 episodes left since the dub is 2 weeks behind. But I can already see this next ep the fight is over, and the last ep is just a filler tie things up type. A friend says it ends slightly different from the manga so I'll find out. Fairy Tail YT is literally the fucking worst. There has never been a bigger group of click baiters in the history of click bait. Its always some weeb obsessed with ships and the title of their video has nothing to do with the video unless its some brief casual statement Hiro made of something that they blow way out of proportion. I wanted too see the pay off for Erza/Jellal, and most notably Juvia and Grey since Juvia deserved that payoff more than anyone. But damn these people be like GrEy & JuViA hAvE kIdS with some fan art and all they do is pump crunchy roll box sets and talk about the latest issue of 100 year quest where they don't have kids at all. XD

Gah, I get this is his own personal favorites of the decade list but by god putting A Silent Voice in the honorable mentions category is a fucking crime. That movie alone deserves a fucking spot in the top 10 of any anime of the decade list and deserves Your Name's place on that list (hey, I'll shill for Shinkai until the day I die and I fucking adore Your Name ranking it up there as his best film to date and as one of my all time favorite anime movies but it's a travesty not to place A Silent Voice in that list. The raw emotion, excellent story telling, and wonderful animation beats out Your Name any day). My name is Strider and thank you for attending my TED talk today.

Other then that and the fact A Promised Neverland isn't on there (it's still my anime of the year, nothing has kicked it out of that spot yet) and I haven't seen quite a few of those shows I have to say from the ones that did line up with what I watched we have similar ideas on what constitutes good anime (it's surprising how much my tastes in anime line up with Arkada's. If it wasn't for him I'd of never watched Laid-Back Camp, which is up there as one of my all-time favorite shows to date (such a lovely show and so relaxing)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Mother's Basement had Promised Neverland, I just picked Arkada's list for more bias reasons since I've seen most of what he has on there even though I wouldn't put some of them in my top of the decade despite enjoying them thoroughly. Both had Mob Psycho which I adore, and A Place Further than the Universe which I guess I need to watch now. Plus I knew he'd have Evergarden which would absolutely be on my list. Death Parade is criminally underrated. I'll raise an eyebrow at JoJo's though, I could only make it through 2 seasons before It got a bit too wacky for my liking XD And I watch A LOT of garbage. My top 10-25 list would be all over the place since my anime pallet is not as refined XD 

I'll leave this here since it's what I was originally coming to post. 😛

Hey nothing wrong with that. Arkada's video covered more shows that I watched then Geoff's so I would of most likely gone with his as well (Nichijou is the only other one on his list that I've seen which is a fucking amazing show in its own right). It's not surprising that Geoff had it on his list as Yazy is head over heels in love with APN (I follow her on twitter (well her Tenleid account anyways) and she's gone off on more then a few tangents about her love for the manga and the anime, so much so that I'm honestly considering starting to read it). Plus Arkada had Saga of Tanya the Evil on it and that already wins in my book since it's one of the few gems from the decade and it had Miss Kobayashi on it which is such an adorable show (and I can't wait for the second season (hopefully it doesn't get cancelled but I fully understand if it does due to the events of the past year)).

A Place Further than the Universe has been on my list to watch since it started airing but I just had no time to get around to watching it (a shame since a lot of people liked it, might get around to it in the next few weeks since it looks like the winter season for anime is a dud for me (there's only one show I'm picking up for sure (Laid-Back Camp S2) and one or two others I might give a try)). Anohana is another one that I've been meaning to watch but I know it's going to destroy me so I've been pushing it off (though I should just bite the bullet and watch it already).

Quite frankly I wouldn't have a list as there was to many good shows that came out in the last decade (I mean we've got My Hero, Fire Force, Demon Slayer, Fruits Basket, Sora no Woto, Amanchu, Occult Academy, and the list just goes on) though I can with full confidence say that Violet Evergarden is my anime of the decade. I've already gushed about it in the thread dedicated to it so my reasons are there but quite honestly it's probably one of the best shows ever made and only holds the second position of all time favorite anime because it just can't live up to Aria for me (I love and adore Aria so much and I could write pages upon pages behind why I do but I'll spare you all my obsessive fan gushing).

This is very true, shit there would be at least 5 shows in the last 2 years that would make my list. XD

I don't care what anyone says about MHA being "overhyped" Its the most dynamic Shonen in years if not ever. People will always hype that Naruto is the greatest ever. I'm not even going to argue because I never got to watch pass the Chunin exams. But I know it suffers from the exact issues every other shonen except MHA does. Filler garbage arcs. The seasonal format gets rid of all the bloat and just gives use the mostly good stuff. Plus I think it benefits from the effect of absence makes the heart grow fonder. The story forces it self into situations where it can't fall upon the same ole same ole formula to victory like DBZ. The animation quality is spectacular for a genre that requires various intense scenes with a lot of action. It almost reaches a Fullmetal Alchemist level of a large cast that is equally important across the board. Either way, haters gonna hate. It deserves the praise it gets. Its hard to stand out in the overcrowded world of Shonen.

After last weeks episode I will fight anyone who says MHA is overhyped. That episode alone is worth the hype alone and is the fucking payoff I've been waiting for since I read about this arc (I both screamed like a schoolgirl and cried like a small child in the span of mere seconds, plus the music choices were spot fucking on (that english song they play is fucking powerful, tear up everytime I hear it)). MHA is a truly a unique shounen and doesn't let itself get bogged down in filler or crap. Everything moves the story forward (even the little bit of filler we've had) and everything has a purpose (even the most mundane details and characters). While I like Naruto Shippuden (I hate the original anime series with a passion (I made it as far as you did) but for some reason Shippuden resonated with me. I still need to finish watching it but it ranks up there as a great shounen series for me) and have liked my fair share of shounen shows nothing has grasped my attention or made me fall in love with the world and characters like MHA. I don't know whether we should call Horikoshi a fucking genius or not but by god has he written and drawn probably one of the best shounen series in decades.

Hell of an episode it was, still wish I didn't have to wait that long to watch it. Should be quite interesting to see where they're going with this since there's only one episode and it leaves you with a lot of questions at the end of 11.

Also, I got to hear best girl Laffy speak again after so long so all is right with the world.

Naturally I have to wait til next week when it's dubbed. But now that I've played the game a lot since then I have too many best girls. XD Those new Northern Parliament shipfus are up there for me. The game had me sweating on my last cubes. I got Sovetskaya Rossiya on the very last day, normally I have them all by mid way through an event. Big ups to Yostar for the free 200 gems this past update, I needed to expand my dock. I'm not going all out on this ship thats up right now. I gotta save my damn cubes for when Taihou and Formidable come back around... even though that looks like its all the way in September. ;_;

Anyways, looking forward to the new ep. I peeked the comments on Funi, and people seem to be pleased with the animation quality in the comments.