DeathscytheX

Astellia Online

Eh, honestly it looks like every other Korean MMO out there and doesn't look all that fun. Then again I hate buy to play MMO's about as much as I hate free to play MMO's (there has only been two F2P MMO's that I like to this date and those are Star Trek Online (which I have a lifetime membership) and TERA (hell of a fun game but grew old really fast). Plus I do not consider TOR a free to play as, when I do play it, I pay for a subscription. I don't mind BDO but it suffers a lot from what I hate about the buy to play genre as a whole).

Quite honestly I'll never migrate from pay to play models. Yea monthly fees can suck but I'd rather pay to play a polished game that gets frequent patches and content then buy a game/dl a game and hope that new content and patches come. I'm probably just spoiled by FFXIV's 3 month patch cycle (I get new main story content, side story content, raids, dungeons, etc. every three months. That's really hard to beat) and a 2 year expansion cycle (really for $15 a month that's a fucking steal). That and it's all I've ever known since I started playing MMO's.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I've heard Tera's optimization is an atrocity and if it wasn't for that a lot of people would still be playing it. Its pretty hard to find something new to play in the MMO genre. As someone pointed out in a video a few days ago, all the ones that are going on strong all came out between 2006-2013. Virtually everything else has been a flop since then. Every time I try something new I enjoy it for a short bit and then get bored and go back to GW2. As much as I love GW2 and the 3000+ hours I've put into it, its finally gotten a bit old to where I don't really enjoy it as much as I use to unless new content is released. Plus their refusal to upgrade to the latest DX or any DX that isn't so CPU intensive as DX9 is really crippling the game's performance with every new update they tact on to the code. I really want to play Lost Ark though just because it looks like flashy Diablo, but it will probably be deep into 2020 if it ever comes stateside which is a shame. I'd pay a sub for something like that. BDO looks so appealing with its graphics, and combat system, but the whole controversy with the cash shop and grind has kept me away from even considering it. I couldn't dedicate my time like that to it. I'd kill for something that has combat like BDO and movement like Blade & Soul... holy shit B&S' moment was so fucking good.. but that's about all that was good about it.

Right now I'm playing around with Soulworker out of boredom until Anthem releases to carry me into The Division 2. Talk about repetitive, it reminds me of City of Heroes but with anime girls instead. XD Ah City of Heroes/Villains, those were the days.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm sure Astellia Online will be a better MMO than Fallout 76. (I can't confirm that, because I'm not dumb enough to buy Fallout 76 for the PC.)

I have yet to play an (actual) MMO that I like more than ESO on PS4 (before I sold that console). I also played STO & Neverwinter on PS4, but never got hooked onto their gameplay mechanics. I tried GW2 & Champions Online for PC but quickly got bored of them. IF ESO ever came to the Nintendo Switch it would either be a dream come true or my waking nightmare (Skyrim pun not intended) as I was addicted to ESO's microtransactions.

There is also Crossout I played on PS4, but I don't think of it as a real MMO. I miss the car I built that I nicknamed The Wallflower.

Come on drive a little! Nothing last forever! There's got to be something better than in the middle! But me & Cinderella put it all together! We can drive it home with One Headlight.

I got the lyrics wrong, but refuse to correct them as this sounds more about a vehicle than the correct lyrics.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:55 PM, DeathscytheX said:

I've heard Tera's optimization is an atrocity and if it wasn't for that a lot of people would still be playing it. Its pretty hard to find something new to play in the MMO genre. As someone pointed out in a video a few days ago, all the ones that are going on strong all came out between 2006-2013. Virtually everything else has been a flop since then. Every time I try something new I enjoy it for a short bit and then get bored and go back to GW2. As much as I love GW2 and the 3000+ hours I've put into it, its finally gotten a bit old to where I don't really enjoy it as much as I use to unless new content is released. Plus their refusal to upgrade to the latest DX or any DX that isn't so CPU intensive as DX9 is really crippling the game's performance with every new update they tact on to the code. I really want to play Lost Ark though just because it looks like flashy Diablo, but it will probably be deep into 2020 if it ever comes stateside which is a shame. I'd pay a sub for something like that. BDO looks so appealing with its graphics, and combat system, but the whole controversy with the cash shop and grind has kept me away from even considering it. I couldn't dedicate my time like that to it. I'd kill for something that has combat like BDO and movement like Blade & Soul... holy shit B&S' moment was so fucking good.. but that's about all that was good about it.

Right now I'm playing around with Soulworker out of boredom until Anthem releases to carry me into The Division 2. Talk about repetitive, it reminds me of City of Heroes but with anime girls instead. XD Ah City of Heroes/Villains, those were the days.

I never had any trouble running TERA on my laptop back when I played it. In fact it was probably one of the best running F2P MMO's I've ever played. Then again this was 4-5 years ago so things may have changed for the worst since then. Honestly when I played BDO I never paid attention to that shit. The grind does kinda suck once you get higher in level but the cash shop never once bothered me. In fact I should log in again and play it because the combat system is probably one of the best out there outside of TERA's.

I actually miss CoH/CoV. It was one of the first MMO's to drag me away from WoW for an extended period of time. True it wasn't one of the best MMO's out there but it was fun while it lasted (I still have my physical copy of CoV somewhere in my closet).

I'll agree though it's difficult to find anything worth while in the MMO genre (especially since everything is pretty much a copy of the successful MMO's). Everything plays the same, nothing is really changed outside of a few mechanics, etc. As much as I love FFXIV I am burned out and only log in for weekly housekeeping duties atm (currency grind and capping, gearing my Samurai, and a few other things) but I still love the game after 2800+ hours and can't imagine no playing it. Luckily we have a patch in about a month or so (after Tokyo fanfest) so I'll finally have things to keep me interested again.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

CoH was still in the era of MMO-newness and I remember discovering how much it paid off to play a female character. Me and a friend made our scantily clad heroes and had everyone helping us and giving us tips XD. It def was fun, I guess now that I think about it that's probably where B&S got inspiration from, and even Saints Row 4. Running around the city super fast and jumping half way across the map was a blast. Even with lackluster graphics, the movement and combat was extremely good for the time. I regret not playing it more now that I think back on it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!