DeathscytheX

Mortal Kombat

I bet it'll be a 3 hour movie and the first 2 hours will be character buildup of the new boxer character and his struggles with raising a child while trying to work a job and have a boxing career. Slowly they'll bring in some other human mortal kombat characters and in the final hour explain some elaborate tournament and introduce 18 more characters a ninja army and a bunch of aliens in a train wreck of a final hour.. but the best scene will be in the last fight when the boxer has a flash back to him telling his kid something while he throws that perfect finishing punch that saves all of earth.

There... now I can skip this movie. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I thought it was a fun movie. XD The acting was bad and the plot wasn't good, but the fights and cg were great. The main character was pretty dull and his fight scenes weren't the best. I was expecting a syfy quality B-movie plot with triple A special effects budget and I wasn't really disappointed because my expectations were so low. XD But I'll have to say my biggest gripe is that it is a movie about Mortal Kombat, which is a tournament... and in the movie they never did the tournament. wtf. XD I read they'll make at least 1 or 2 more sequels and that was planned. But even so they could have done a second tournament in a second movie. And Liu Kang's character seems like a wasted opportunity because he had no real substance. Also, for the characters to have abilities because of a mortal kombat mark on their bodies seemed like lazy writing, but I did like that they all had their powers from the games as it made for good special effects. My favorite character was Kano. XD 

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It was a fun movie with great special effects and awesome fatalities... and that was it. Horrible acting outside of Kano... but that didn't matter. The pacing and Cole sucked. Cole should have never been in there. He wasn't in the games, he was so out of place... and his first victory was stupid without spoiling it, you know why.

The pacing... it was all the pacing. Started out strong... then lets go searching.... then lets train... then boom everyone fights at the same time... no focus on individual fights.. then ok.. we won.. time for MK2. Such an abrupt ending. It was pretty jarring. The original movie was better.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Lets face it - the story sucked, script sucked, there was no actual tournament (although I get that it's a setup for the sequel that's happening), nobody to stay invested in emotionally or feel for any of the characters, not that great special effects and bad fighting angles. But, I still watched it - twice - for the heck of it and nostalgia haha. But if I'm being honest with myself, this was very forgettable. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I saw Mortal Kombat (2021) last Sunday. The action was good. The plot was garbage. And the new good character introduced was garbage.

So basically all of the stuff I can say about Mortal Kombat 11 sans microtransactions.

Mortal Kombat (2021) just made it more obvious for me that someone like Kano should go the way of Deadpool IF MK's plot wasn't either you're a hero who fights for Earth-Realm or not. And the other realm(s) are basically 3rd World Countries ran by dictators. It has just left all the good characters with a hivemind that they must save Earth-Realm.

Imagine if Sonya Blade was convinced that she had to fight against Earth-Realm because it was the only way to prevent criminals like Kano from existing. Then you can have Kano fight for Earth-Realm just for the sake of continuing their criminal activity.

That'll never happen though. Especially since Sonya Blade & Johnny Cage have now had a (dull) child named Cassie Cage.

Mortal Kombat (2021) plot

Spoiler

Scorpion: Remember this foreign film. The plot is going to suck after this.

Cole Young: I'm going to be an OC of Stryker!

Jax: I'm here looking for birthmarks that have nothing to do with The Pic Of Destiny. Now leave Cole so I can have an excuse to have robot arms later.

Sonya: I've got a conspiracy board for plot reasons & a tied-up Kano!

Kano: This isn't my fetish!

Cole: Well my fetish is going to be being a Grammar-Nazi for this moment.

One dead lizard (Reptile, Chameleon, or Khameleon?) later.

Kano: I know how to find Raiden, but won't unless you say the magic word.

Sonya: Money.

Kano: Okay, but remember, I hate Travelocity.

Travelocity will remember this.

Later

Kano: And now we walk there for about a month after jumping out of a plane.

Liu Kang: Actually, I know how to find Raiden.

Raiden: I will now be angry at all of you for not training for a tournament no one has ever heard of before. Also, Jax is here.

Kano: But will you be replaced by Liam Neeson before the end of this movie? (Headcanon / Batman Begins reference)

Raiden: *Zap!* Fuck you!

Later

Jax: I now have robot arms no one will explain.

Kano: My name is Kano & you will fear my laser face! (Headcanon / RvB reference)

Cole: Screw you guys! I'm going home! (South Park reference)

Later

Kabal: Kano, change sides by destroying a Magical MacGuffin.

Kano: Say the magic word.

Kabal: Money.

Kano: Okay.

Elsewhere

Goro: I'm no longer a muppet! I'm The Scorpion King!

Cole: But you're about to die in a less memorable fight than you had with Johnny Cage.

Goro: Fuck.

Cole: And now I'll rejoin the rest of the cast.

Kung Lao: I tried not to make it a snuff fetish by cutting Nitara in half via her head instead of her crotch!

Shang Tsung: Yeah, but you should still be canceled for that!

Later

Cole: Wow! We could've totally done all our training in a white void! But let's plot how we're going to win instead!

Later

Scorpion: This movie should've been about me. But wasn't because I'm more interesting than Liu Kang. So that was never going to happen.

Ending? I think I forgot how it ended.

Not after-credits stinger...

Cole: I'm off to recruit Johnny Cage so Raiden can complain how he didn't train for Mortal Combat!

My movie rankings for 2021 so far

1. Nobody (2021) - 5/5
  2. Mortal Kombat (2021) - 3/5, Kano - 4/5
  3. Wrath of Man (2021) - 2/5, Jason Statham - 4/5
Edited by Myk JL
I forgot a - between Jason Statham & "April 5th"

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.