DeathscytheX

Battlefield V

32 posts in this topic

Disagree about the snow. If its dynamic weather, it needs to stay. Sucks for PC players where people can just turn down the graphics, but for console everyone is on equal standing as far as visual impairment. I agree with that medal animation. wtf, It takes up the whole screen.

Sledgstone likes this

dvabanner.png

The snow looks way too distracting for me. Without traditional 3D spotting, we'll have to look for movement to see enemies and that snow is way too much of a visual distraction. I'm glad planes will be basically useless without the spotting. Screw the damn planes. They do need to change the shoulder mounted rockets to be a one hit kill for planes and any helicopters there might be. Its ridiculous that the AT rocket in BF1 wouldn't one shot them, but to have an actual rocket/RPG equivalent not destroy them in one hit is just stupid. I'm definitely looking forward to this game, but the crazy low ammo on spawn seems a bit too much. Only 2 clips for an assault on spawn? wtf. I'd waste half those bullets shooting at the first guy I see, then run out of ammo trying to kill the second guy. I don't want to play a game where 70% of the time I'm using a pistol and another 20% of the time I'm in a bleedout screen hoping to get revived with the new revive mechanic. Those 2 things are my biggest concern.

The 3D spotting change is massive nerf to planes and snipers and I blame the balance and map design of BF1 for that. Everyone in that game now is a sniper or a plane guy that goes 50-2 every match. I love sniping but its hard to enjoy BF1. That and the vehicles sucked in it. If we can get proper BF4 style vehicle combat again I'll be very pleased. We need tanks that have passenger seats that can actually rotate 360 degrees. I hated being a passenger in tanks in BF1 because of the limited visibility.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

They really had to nerf spotting because WW2 maps won't be too much different. BF1 maps were kind of more like WW2 maps anyways. What ever city maps we get, wont compare to the city maps of BF3-4. We might have taken too much of a break from modern. I'm still not on the ultra modern train, I'd much rather have a 80-90s type modern game. My biggest concern is the crouch running. I don't want to press the joystick twice to get up or start running like when BF1 launched. I hope couch running is the most inconvenient to access. If you mash sprint on the joystick from prone, you should get up and sprint, if you want to sprint while crouched, you should have to get into that position first. Or even better, make it a setting. All these shooters with presets are really irritating me ever since Overwatch made button layouts fully customizable... not only as a standard, but you can customize the controls for each individual hero. If you want to shoot with the options button and jump with the left D-pad, you could do it in Overwatch, so its possible on consoles.

Sledgstone likes this

dvabanner.png