I just finished this on Netflix and I must say; Bravo Netflix you finally nailed it. I almost stopped after ep 2 just because this anime wasn't what I thought it was going to be, but I kept with it and I'm so glad I did. It's definitely not a genre I usually watch. There is very little action and its mostly drama, but good lord the story is great, the voice acting is phenomenal, the animation is stunning, and the OST is beautiful. Episode 7 was probably my favorite, but 8-11 is a damn feels trip. Holy shit its rough at some points, but the final two episodes serve as a proper finale. I can't recommend this enough. There is some Studio Ghibli level charm with this series. This should have received more promotion from Netflix than it did if any. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I just finished watching it and I adore this show. When you ask yourself what Strider looks for in anime this is it, this is what I love to watch. This was just a joy to watch and while it really hits you in the feels it just so well done. It's been such a long time since I last watched a show that truly moved me like this one did and such a long time since we've had an anime so character driven that it saddens me. We need more shows like this, ones driven forward by a compelling story and such well developed and lovely characters (enough with the harem anime, enough with the long running shounen crap, give us shows like this). To make it even better the soundtrack is amazing and the animation is top notch (of course it is coming from KyoAni, the very studio that brought us Clannad and Kanon (two breathtakingly beautiful shows)).

The show is not without its flaws (and by what I understand it's not a true adaptation of the novel (it ends completely differently than the novel)) it's not enough to detract from what is being told and shown. I'm with DX on this and can't recommend this enough. Sure there's very little action, sure it's a sappy story, sure the characters are cutesy but god damn it look beyond it and give it shot. In the last two days I've shed many manly tears because of this show and am not afraid to admit it (I'm getting sappy in my old age). Bravo Netflix, you have finally delivered to me an anime that I can truthfully say will go down as one of my all time favorite shows and an anime that has truthfully left me breathless. I hope the new Violet Evergarden project delivers us more of this wonderful world and story, I just can't get enough of it (I might re-watch it again this weekend that's how much I love it).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

6 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

I still haven't finished watching the series on netflix. Lol. I got a couple episodes in and got bored. XD I'll start watching it again since I didn't give it enough time to establish itself.

This saddens me greatly. How could you ever get bored watching VE? That's blasphemy!

Totally can't wait to see it. Surprised to see Funi has the trailer for it, wonder if that means it'll get a BD release or not (as far as I know Netflix has full rights for streaming anything VE related).

Most likely because Funi has the best connections and more experience in bringing products to theatrical release from the east. And the likelihood that Netflix has no desire too, or I'd imagine they don't have the best relationship with Hollywood/Theater industry since they're partial blamed for its decline.

This along with the rest of Azur Lane, I have something to look forward too. I shouldn't say that though. Although I do find this season to be lackluster, its mostly because it lacks some genres I like. Smile down the Runway has been a delightful surprise for me. Again, anime turning some niche subject into great story telling. XD ID: Invaded is basically Inception the anime and I've fallen completely for If my favorite pop idol made it to the Budokan, I would die. (thats two pop idol anime, I've fallen for, although this one is much less about the idols and more about the fandom).

I need more Violent Evergarden in my life. Now that I've relied on my arsenal of shipfu's to clutch me through levels in the game. I need more Azur Lane in my life. Hell, if I could spend some gems to get more than the last 2 eps. I'd consider it. XD *Will whale for eps* XD

I've been seriously considering giving VE a third watch before this comes to Netflix (both because I have a serious itch to re-watch it and just for a quick re-cap).

Honestly I've been loving this season but I also have access to watch more since I watch subbed (Asteroids in Love is adorable, BOFURI is fucking hilarious (and adorable), Somali and the Forest Spirit is god damn incredible and I get the feeling I will be shedding many manly tears at the end of it, Isekai Quartet is just off the wall (they brought Naofumi in from Shield Hero, has been hilarious), Heya Camp is giving me my small dose of Yuru Camp before S2 airs (not enough though, I need more), and Eizouken is everything I didn't know I wanted in an anime in an anime (it's amazing)).

I would gladly whale to finish Azur Lane now and get more episodes XD Hey Yostar, where do I send the money for more anime eps? Asking for a friend and my obsessed ass XD

Edited by Strider Hiryu
I suck at English grammar apparently

Yep, that movie special just confirmed everything I love about Violet Evergarden. Good god was it good and so freaking emotional, many manly tears were shed (I really need to find that manly tears picture I have just for these types of posts). I really, really want the movie to come out now (though I know it's going to end the series for good I still want to see it so god damn badly) and god dammit Netflix give the distribution rights to someone so I can buy the god damn blu-rays because I need them now.

I'm not going to lie I just screamed like a fucking schoolgirl while reading that. Thank you Funi, I might have a lot of issues with you as a company but god damn have you just made my fucking day. Now lets see you add that lovely little gaiden story and I'll be over the moon.  Now to start saving money for the Limited Edition set (I MUST HAVE IT!).