Myk JL

June 11th Is Coming.

Otherwise known as The Death Of Net Neutrality. So before ISPs destroy us all for the sake of liking us only as consumers here's what I did before the end.

Gaming

As a sign of me being overly paranoid (And GWG not giving me these games sooner) I bought Dark Souls II, TES IV Oblivion (Again), TES V Skyrim (Again), Saints Row (Again), Saints Row 2 (Again), Fallout 3 (Again), & Fallout NV (Again).

1. Yeah the only game I didn't buy again was Dark Souls II. Because I didn't really get into Dark Souls after years of not just looking up how to beat the first boss. I still expect this to be the hardest Dark Souls I'll ever play even if I don't have to worry about being invaded.
  2. TES IV Oblivion was about $5 when I bought it on Xbox 360. My PS3 copy is preowned & stopped working. TES V Skyrim is what caused my PS3 to break due to my own insanity. Thus making me prefer digital distribution even more. Also I'm still sick of buying Skyrim & hope not to do so again until the 2020s.
  3. Saints Row 1&2 I already owned for Xbox 360 (2 also being the one I own multiple times also on PS3 & Steam). Both were under $5 each. Not sure why MS doesn't make at least the first Saints Row run on Xbox One as it has remained exclusive to them.
  4. Fallout 3 & NV I both owned & sold for the PS3 due to moral issues. But this time around I'm playing as immoral characters so not as big of a problem this time around. Also they were about $5 each.

My Fiction & HTML5 Game Ideas

I was expecting 2017 to somehow be my last chance to save myself before Ben Carson destroyed my housing assistance. And still get myself destroyed because of Ajiit Pai. However I'm once again save by procrastination. Over a decade of demotivated procrastination. My self censorship continues.

my political views

As Net Neutrality comes to an end I wonder if I'll have the urge to vote. As my needs for my American Dream were either overlooked or were going to be hated anyway. I think if my representatives ever represent me it'll be when I'm pass the age of 40 still dealing with the crisis my mother created for me when I was 21.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

It will be interesting to see what happens, but I doubt much will change for years if at all. If anything so called "Net Neutrality" did nothing to protect me from paying more for internet. Instead of capping certain sites and services, Mediacom and Comcast just capped all of it here once it went into effect 3 or so years ago. So the internet got worse in my case. We've had to constantly upgrade our package to support more bandwidth because we kept going over our limit. It started at 250GB a month, and now we're at 400GB, and since I've done nothing but stream during my time off with this new job, I've almost cross the threshold with 10 days left on the billing cycle. They add another $20 to your bill every 50gb you go over. TBH I could go for a Stream & Game only package and use my phone to read articles and use social media and wouldn't mind it if it saved me money. Then again that won't happen because we live in a somewhat free market society, and competition dictates what the market will be like so long as they all don't merge into less companies than there already are. Google fiber will hopefully be in my state soon now that they're building a facility a few hours from my city.

I have little faith in the government passing laws that benefit us anymore, it doesn't matter what party is in charge, they're all in it for the same purpose, and its not to help you. It's to make money. They slap a propaganda term on a law so people will fall for it, and we're stuck with the shit results. We're taxing sodas, and shutting down little kids front yard lemonade stands because they don't have a vendor license... If you would have told me that's what the world was going to be like 10 years ago, I would have laughed at you and called you paranoid.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The internet services in your area sound like the biggest cash grab of all. There's no reason for internet data caps like that with modern networks imo. Especially considering all websites are the ones actually paying for data transfer limits to the data centers/ hosting services they're signed up with. Data caps sounds like double dipping for extra profits just because they can because there's either no competition or their network literally sucks so much ass that they have severe limitations that should have been resolved years ago. Time Warner / spectrum is a shit company in this area but at least they put some profits over the years into updating their network. Their basic plans now are $50-60 a month with 100 mbps minimum and no data cap.

I don't know what may or may not happen with no net neutrality anymore but for me I'd rather keep my plan the way it is now which is unlimited everything. If they rolled out changes to make a game plan, streaming, plan, etc. I'd be pissed. I'd rather see everywhere in the US have unlimited plans.

I am a bit concerned about privacy with net neutrality going away. I have a feeling that all our private information will become an entire economy like health insurance. Facebook and Google have been profiting off our data for years with targeted ads based off our info, now I worry that the ISPs and network backbone providers will start harvesting all our internet usage data and sell it off to any random company with enough money. They could also target high usage websites like Netflix and Amazon prime and throttle their connections unless they pay more money. And then they could double dip that by making us pay for streaming packages with our internet to. It all seems shady as hell to me. Once all this potentially becomes an economy of its own our government will never roll new laws into place to protect our privacy because it'll affect jobs or the entire country's economy as a whole or some bull crap like that.

I bought a VPN service a couple weeks ago. At least I can do things privately now if I want. Its also fun to turn my VPN on, switch over to a Canada or Britain IP and then Google search news. Its cool to actually see news from Google thinking I'm living in a different country. The ads from websites completely change to since they're not targeted at me anymore either. EU has completely different laws than the US for privacy. Browsing from any EU/ Britain/ Canada ip from my VPN procs most websites into popping up disclaimers and acceptance info for cookies and privacy policies. Browse anything from the US and you get none of that. It really makes me feel like there is no privacy online at all anymore. 

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Pretty much. Mediacom and Comcast are the only two "good" providers in this area. They don't operate in the same area, so you can only get one or the other based on where you live in the city. The only other options are shitty U-Verse... which is slow and unreliable and a company called Hughesnet which is satellite internet that will go out during any kind of inclement weather.  Its been that way ever since I've lived here. I remember years ago when Mediacom internet would go out even if it was a light drizzle so maybe it is their servers... even though it doesn't happen anymore, I doubt it. I just know the data caps came with the passing of Net Neutrality.... and as we speak I see the light on my PS4 external HDD going nuts... God of War is preloading so now we def went over the limit. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

December 14th was coming. (That was just the vote to destroy Net Neutrality)

Then April 23rd was coming. (But it wasn't officially the death of Net Neutrality.)

Now June 11th is coming. (I'm guessing this news is happening now as the CRA most likely failed.)

I might just be paranoid. But I'm really expecting a lot of websites to be gone before the 2020 election. Or even before this November.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.