DeathscytheX

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Oh yeah, you better get hyped because this season looks like shit is going to ramp up exponentially (yea, since I watch subs I already got to watch the first ep on CR). All I have to say is I'm so fucking glad the wait is over (a friend of mine has read the novels and has been spoiling shit for me for years so I'm finally happy to get to watch it).

Edited by Strider Hiryu

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

UGH!!! The ep felt like 10 min! So much happened it all went by so fast, and that cliff hangar ending! The updated animation is quite nice. The Arbalest was looking mighty sexy. I'm glad all the original  dub cast came back, It was good to see and hear them all again. I can't wait til next week!

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Heh, just wait it gets worse. Just about every episode has been ending on a cliff hangar and episode 4 ups the stakes big time. I knew we were in for a hell off a season with this one but it's definitely a lot darker then the first two (I won't mention Fumoffu since it's pretty much just a comedy anyways). I just can't wait until we get to see something that I wish I could mention (if you pay attention to the opening you'll see what I mean), going to be fucking awesome.

I'll have to wait til next week for an opening, the first episode didn't even have one, just a quick logo, It didn't have an ending outro either... which is crazy with how short it felt, it used every second of air time for just pure episode content.

God damn what a ride is all I have to say. Definitely my favorite season of the four we currently have (Fumoffu taking second). I love the dark tone this season set and all the major developments we got in such a short amount of time (especially for a 12 episode season, though those fucking recap episodes and that 2 week wait between episodes 10 and 11 sucked balls), plus god damn do I love the *will not say till others have seen it*. Such a beautiful piece of *again will not say till others have seen*. I have to say I really hope this gets green lit for another season but I don't think that will be for awhile. If I remember correctly the novel isn't much further past how this season ends (which I'd love to talk about but I don't want to ruin it for you all) so it might be a waiting game again (I'll have to check, my friend reads the light novel so he'll be able to tell me).

Edited by Strider Hiryu

I'll be on Episode 10 tomorrow. I've never cried so hard of laughter from any anime than Fumoffu. The Karate Club faceoff is my favorite scene of all time. This season, Tessa saying "You're a piece of shit so fuck you, and go to hell" was outstanding. XD I don't know how that line went on the sub, but thats how it was translated on the dub. I do like how Invisible Victory legitimized Fumoffu by having the Student Council President make an appearance.

Hopefully that Funi/Crunchy money will speak to Nakayama and Xebec. Even if they get a different director, I think Xebec has proven they can handle the animation... just don't do any more car chases. I can't say I've seen anyone else animate being shot so viscerally. Its not easy to be a different studio and preserve character design integrity, especially after so many years... you can end up with a DBGT Vegeta. Tessa, Chidori, Sousuke, Kurz, Mao, Kalinin, and Mardukas all looked spot on. 

Not quite the same as the dub but she said some pretty intense things in the sub. I'm sure it'll be picked up for another season once the Blu-Ray's and DVD's come out (I know as soon as Funi brings it over I'll be purchasing it, gotta have the complete collection (though I should probably by the BD's of season 1 and Fumoffu (I still have the original ADV DVD releases))) because it will obviously sell extremely well. As I said I'm more worried about how long we'll have to wait because I'd really love for them to avoid any filler shit (though I wouldn't be disappointed if we got another Fumoffu like season that takes place before the events of this season, possible after TSR) just to capitalize on the popularity of IV (as I said I'm not entirely sure how much further along the LN is, from what I read on the wiki it's not really that much further along though they might be able to pull a 12 episode season out of it).