DeathscytheX

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Every character ever to appear in Smash will be in this game, roster will start out as the original N64 game, and you will unlock the rest via play. Every level is returning, and fighters have been given new abilities. GameCube controllers will be compatible. Its a long video, but it has a lot of content to cover.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I ended up buying a Nintendo Switch today because this might be the last good game Solid Snake shows up in until the next Super Smash Bros.

*Edit*

I'm confused on why Nintdendo would expect its customers to buy a Lan Adapter, only buy Official Nintendo Products, then not make an Official Nintendo Switch Lan Adapter.

In other news I barely regret not buying Skyrim for Nintendo Switch.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I just ordered a certain gamecube controller off eBay before they get ridiculous. I have a standard one, but I use to use a micro controller for this game because it felt good in the hands. They're already going for over $100-120 on amazon new. I can't buy a used controller that's nearing two decades old. I got it for probably $20 more than what they were retail back in the day but its better than paying $60-300 when the game comes out.

The World of Light is pretty fun, but really frustrating at times. Some of the fights feels like there is impossible odds. As you win fights, you get cards that give you buffs, and some of these counter the disadvantages they put you at. Like there are fights where the floor is lava/electrified, there is poison air, or the floor is sticky.. and then there are cards that limit or negate those effects on you. You can use 1-3 at a time depending on the spirit card you have active. There are a few fights I just can't win right now because I don't have the right immunities or buffs... but none of them are really impeding my process, they're just blocking chests or secret areas... these really hard fights seem to only be in these locations as some are super easy. I'm stuck using Marth and Captain Falcon because all I've unlocked are trash characters like Wii Fitness girl and Pacman. -_-;

I didn't fully explore Marth Path so I don't know how many fights there I could've won.

Sheik Path is where I had the most wins even though I didn't complete it.

Villager Path is the hardest once you have to fight Bayonetta, but you can unlock Link there.

I haven't found who could use the boat.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I picked the Marth path first because hes was my best character out of the 3. I'm going down the villager path now. Bayonetta didn't give my much of an issue. I went into one of the dungeon areas and there was a huge charizard that breathed fire non-stop and was immune to explosions and fire attacks. I don't have a fire immunity card so he just destroys me. There isn't a way to hit him without taking the damage. On the Marth Path, there is an endurance battle with Shadow the Hedgehog where his attacks do more damage and this stupid assist trophy thing keeps attacking you relentlessly.

I made it to the part of the map that was blocked off by the light and unlocked Ness. My best character. Now things are significantly easier, especially since I have PSI attack increase cards. I can almost get anyone to 100% damage with PK Fire within seconds. But before this, unlocking Bowser was key. Having Bowser with a giant card and increased damage supports make all those fights one shots or pretty quick battles at worst. Its pretty much cheating. The fire breathing Charizard was still an issue, I happened to luck out with him getting caught on a stage hazard for a KO. The fire damage reduction just prolonged his insane assault of relentless smash moves. Stamina fights with giant Bowser can get done in 2-3 smash moves. I still pull him out when there are ridiculous stipulations where the enemy basically goes ham with a bunch of items.. without giant Bowser you just get endlessly juggled until you're KOed. Jim Sterling is pretty much spot on with the asshole AI, at times its like playing pro players. I can't even imagine how the game would be in hard.. I'm only playing on normal.

48 minutes ago, DeathscytheX said:

The fire breathing Charizard was still an issue, I happened to luck out with him getting caught on a stage hazard for a KO.

The same thing happened to me, but I was confused by it as I read it was immune to Fire Attacks. I could go to fight the final boss but I've been going after 4 Star Battles that I haven't completed yet & eventually a 3 Star Battle where all the characters have Beam Katanas. I'm also annoyed That Ridley & Bayonetta aren't in the World Of Light.

I don't think stage hazards apply to the stipulations. Even when I had a card that gave me the same advantage I was getting knocked out by the fire pilars... once I lasted long enough for the stage to evolve to that point I swapped to Captain Falcon and basically tried to stay alive and hope he would get KOed. I just beat that beam saber fight today. I was giant bowser with the otacon card. Giant Bowser with a beam saber covers a large area on a smash move. So does his fire breath. It was as bad as a fight were everyone went after the bullet bills non stop.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, Myk JL said:

I'm also annoyed That Ridley & Bayonetta aren't in the World Of Light.

I just unlocked Ridley, so I'm sure Bayonetta is in it. If you haven't progressed that far yet, the final boss, isn't the final boss. I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah Bayonetta is OP as fuck. Her combos are insane, her air attacks, and the amount she can perform are way beyond everyone else, her neutral special is just as good as Fox if not slightly better becasue of the angle, her melee range is on par with sword wielders, and her smash moves are top tier in reach ability. Her only weakness is her ledge recovery, its slightly better than larger characters like DK and Bowser. If you get knocked downward, you're going to have to be really good with your timing to get back on stage.