DeathscytheX

Lost in Space - Netflix

Bait and switch is the best one can hope for.... Like they only did this to tease a Fantastic 4 series.... Wait.... That would be worse....

But I barely remember the first Lost In Space & the 1998 movie was bad.

On the bright side Freakazoid had Professor Jones as his butler.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Well at least The Robot looks improved. Way better than the 1998 versions.

*Edit*

Looking at images of The Robot on Google Images shown how similar it looks to Legion from Mass Effect 2....

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I checked out the first episode of this and it was pretty good. I already hate Dr. Smith XD There is more to the robot replacement that should make the plot interesting down the line.... but at the same time, its been done before and at this point I hope they just get it out of the way until waiting until some inconvenient moment for it to come to light.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

An entertaining watch, but kind of annoying all the way though. Half of the major characters are insufferable, and the story is a never ending series of calamities and inconveniences that amounts to such impossible odds for a string of bad luck.

Mrs. Robinson is super annoying and comes off as a control freak, later you learn of her plight but by that time you don't care because shes been such a stuck up bitch 1/4th of the series. Will Robinson is a constant fuck up, making tons of annoying mistakes... this doesn't happen until a little later so he's an ok character at first then you just grow to despise him. I think John Robinson, Don West, and Judy Robinson were the only three characters I liked besides the robot. Dr. Smith was an interesting twist on the character, but she's completely unbelievable as so many coincidences fall in her favor in what she is doing. 

Don't get me wrong, the acting is quite good, I'm sure this is how the characters are suppose to be portrayed... but holy shit I wanted people to die. XD The special effects were top notch. Only a few times did they falter a little bit in the CG department... nothing as bad as the zipline scene from Punisher.

The special effects were the most impressive I've seen for a new scifi series in a while besides Star Trek Discovery. All the acting was top notch. I hated the Dr. Smith character. Not in a good way tho. I didn't hate the character because the character filled it's role in making me hate her, I hated her because it felt like bad writing to have one person say what they're going to do or say what is going to happen and somehow everything works out exactly like they said it would. It became so predictable. Same with Mrs. Robinson.. somehow she had the worst luck and would almost die all the time. Just hanging out around her pretty much guarantees a life an death situation at all times. wtf. lol. I hope they make another season. I would have preferred to see Robert Carlyle play Dr. Smith as the original scientist character. He could have basically reprised the same role from his old Stargate Universe days.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm guessing the trailer isn't showing much on purpose. Because if it was all just, let's look for a robot, it might be a bit boring. But it looks like they are no longer stuck on just a single planet for this season so it could be incredibly interesting to see the worlds they visit and what life they encounter.

The second season was better, but not really "lost in space". The family is still a bunch of annoying fuck ups. XD The Dad is constantly getting injured the first half of the series like a buffoon. The added a massive cast and diluting the insufferable Robinson family amongst them made them less annoying than the first season. XD

Lmao! I thought this season was slow and almost pointless. XD It was like a repeat of the first season. Ship stranded on a planet, gotta find a way back into space, finally get back only to find out everyone is still stranded, now find a way to leave the solar system, showing the robinsons constantly getting into some life or death situation that usually they themselves created and somehow making it all work. Its basically the same overall plot of season 1 except with more robots and still no robot lore.

The only thing they accomplished was setting up season 3 and having a crap load of kids which is dumb because netflix probably wont start filming the next season for another year and all those kids will now be teenagers in season 3. XD Like how they had to time skip 7 months because the 3 robinson kids all grew up, especially Will growing an extra 2 feet in height. XD 

Guilty pleasure - watched this in the background - all of it. Not sure why. It felt like the story dragged, it was predictable, etc. but if you're a Sci-Fi fan and you dig good special effects/ production, this sets a decently high bar. I think if I was a kid in school, I'd dig the show A LOT MORE because as an adult, I can't ... just can't. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.