Hmm. A trailer for Venom without Venom in it. Wasn't Venom's origins completely entangled with Spider-Man? Shouldn't a movie about Venom's origins actually be Spider-Man homecoming 2 our whatever it would be called for a sequel since the symbiote originally attaches to Spider-Man, turns him into black Spider-Man, mutates itself with Spider-Man's DNA to retain all the spider powers before it gets removed and then attaches to Eddie Brock to make Venom. Instead we get a trailer for a possible Mad Max prequel. 😂

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If I remember correctly Spider-Man's Black Suit from Secret Wars. (And might've been based on a female character with a black spider suit, but I can't confirm that to be true.) Both Spider-Man: The Animated Series & Spider-Man 3 never really wanted to delve into the whole Venom origins story so it shouldn't be a surprise that Spider-Man can be cut from that story too.

As far as Venom's powers go it can be simply based off of Venom's obsession with Spider-Man. Like how Carnage is obsessed with the T-1000 stabbing weapons because Carnage is attached to a murderer.

Now let me tell you how Ant-Man's origin makes zero sense without Atom from DC.

That was just sarcasm about Ant-Man. You don't need DC's Atom in order to tell Ant-Man's story.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Wasn't carnage an offspring of venom? I hate how marvel and DC have rebooted all their properties so many times over the years. I think there's been at least 20 different incarnations of Spider-Man and the different characters involved in it over all the years.

Btw watch the movie "Life". A bit of a spoiler but it could be seen as a prequel to this Venom movie.. or maybe Cloverfield.

As far as I know Carnage has always been the offspring of Venom.

I thought Life starring Ryan Reynolds ruined a Vin Diesel movie I was day dreaming about where Dominic Toretto lives his Life one spin at a time. On the other hand I wanted to believe San Andreas starring The Rock was an alternate timeline where Lex Luthor succeeded in making beachfront property.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

This looks much better. Although I'm wondering if most of the movie will be Tom hardy getting all the screen time with a bunch of cg black goo flying around as opposed to being venom. "We are venom" sounds cool and its a good way of associating the character as a whole instead of just being the host walking around with venom ready to attack at any moment. But in iron man 3 they emphasized Tony stark as being iron man even without the suit and while he got way more screen time than his armor did, it was boring at times as a result. 

I watched Venom because of Tom Hardy. That's it. The movie was pretty bad. 

I'll watch Venom 2 because of Tom Hardy. That's it. The CG and plot according to the trailer already looked pretty bad. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.