jensenbreck

Chrissy Teigen Says New Animal Crossing Game "Lacks The Heart," But She Still Spent $100-Plus On It

Model Chrissy Teigen has a lot to say about the newly released free-to-play Animal Crossing game for mobile devices. Across a series of tweets, Teigen said Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is probably fine for Animal Crossing "newbies" but it lacks the depth she expected for a "Tom Nook loyalist" like herself.

"Pocket animal crossing might be okay for you AC newbies but for us tom nook loyalists it is merely a hit of the crack that is actual, real, animal crossing," Teigen said. "It lacks the heart. The soul. It's a sandwich with no meat. A car without tires."

Teigen continued by calling out the game's characters, which she called "animal people things" who are not very friendly. "They aren't our friends. They're jerks," she raged. "Who makes certain couch demands before visiting someone's house? Then shows a video montage of them sleeping on it. I hate these people."

What Teigen is referring to here is how Pocket Camp requires you to complete certain tasks before the creatures agree to come over. Teigen said she doesn't like what effect this could have on humankind. "I'm actually getting angrier about this as I type it. What kind of crap is this teaching us? I need a hammock to have friends? Fruit will grow faster if I throw money at it? I'm deleting this," Teigen said of Pocket Camp.

All of this being said, Teigen also noted that she spent $120 on Pocket Camp's microtransactions, which are called Leaf Tickets.

Well, there you have it. Teigen does not like Pocket Camp and broadcasted that fact to her 8.69 million Twitter followers. While Teigen previously participated in viral marketing for a video game--Call of Duty: Black Ops III--on the publisher's behalf, her hot take on Pocket Camp isn't the kind of reaction Nintendo would have wanted from a celebrity with as huge a profile as Teigen.

Teigen is no stranger to video games, of course. In addition to her promotion of Black Ops III, she had a role in 2011's Need for Speed: The Run.

Pocket Camp launched on November 22 for iOS and Android, following its limited release in Australia back in October. Nintendo says Pocket Camp will have have regular content updates, including "seasonal events" along with furniture and outfit items that you can get for a limited time, so keep checking back with GameSpot for more.

For more you can check

:spam:

I don't trust your links.

Beyond that I don't see franchise loyalty as a big shocker.

I probably spent thousands over the years on ESO only to quit about 2 month after ESO started costing me $150 a month.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm fairly certain this person is a bot, but if not I gave a warning only instead of full ban. Its all a copy and paste from gamestop with a spam link to video site that has nothing to do with gamestop.

Lol. This game is setup to make virtual friends and the only way to make friends is to buy items in their store for cash. Seems like another cash grab pointless game.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg