Sledgstone

Netflix getting more anime

I finished IDO the other night. It was enjoyable. It felt like the first half consisted of 15 minute episodes though after you cut the opening and credits out. They are 24 min total as is. One thing I dislike a lot about Netflix is their translation team when it comes to written text. A lot of times they don't bother with signs or other text. The end of IDO it goes through what some characters did at the end of the story, and the text flashes on the screen so fast you can't even read it before it goes away.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Season 3 started and its 5 episodes in so far. This has become one of my favorite Star Trek series. I would have never imagined myself saying that during the horrible season 1, but season 2 was amazing and season 3 is awesome so far. I highly recommend this show. I did not think the show could get better than season 2, considering captain Pike and Spock were top notch, but its maintaining that same quality easily. Talking about season 3 is a huge spoiler if you haven't seen season 2. Regardless of that I will say "The Burn", the event that completely changed the entirety of star trek, all species, all great powers in the galaxy, etc. is an extremely interesting plot. Well done for the writers because this has me hooked all over again. It makes the show completely unpredictable in terms of where that plot is going and I have no idea what they will reveal next. CBS is working on more Star Trek series and for the first time I can say hell yes. They're reviving one of my all time favorite scifi shows back into the glory days of having new series coming out and they're all high quality.
    • By Sledgstone
      I've gotten annoyed with managing my digital movie and tv series collection. It didn't bother me before because Netflix had pretty much everything. I'd never have to search for stuff on my hard drives or old dvd-rs because it would all be on Netflix. Now that Netflix has dropped about 50% of their content over the last couple years and will lose significantly more once all of Disney's properties are removed next year I've realized all my old dvds, blu rays and digital movies are all getting more use again. This is were plex comes in.
      I setup plex on my main pc, moved a bunch of movies and tv series into some folders and set plex to use those folders. This program auto grabbed all meta data for the content, images, etc and is basically a Netflix clone. I was shocked by how efficient this is. I installed the plex client app on my ps3, ps4 and roku stick and as long as my pc with the plex server is running I can now stream all my content to every tv in the house. It even keeps track of where i left off in a movie and i can resume it on a different device if I want.
      So I bought a 4tb hard drive yesterday and I'm going all in on this. I'm going to rip a bunch of my dvds and blu rays (the ones that don't have a digital copy) into mkv files and throw them on that hard drive for my plex. I'll try putting my old anime avi files (with hard coded subs from back in the old download days) in there to to see if plex can play those too.  Plex will even organise by genre to so it all works good. And plex is free.
      I was thinking about buying a nvidia shield because it can be used as a plex media server instead of just a client like the PlayStation/roku apps but it looks like it has some limitations with file types and my old anime files would definitely not play on it unless i converted every file thru some program called handbrake. I'll look into that some more.
      I figured I'd share this in case anyone else was getting annoyed with Netflix and every company making their own Netflix clones. Instead of paying every company a piece of the pie it'll be cheaper in the long run to just make my own Netflix with the content i already own that is already tailored to my preferances. And plex can stream outside of your home in 720p if you go on a road trip. I doubt I'll ever use that feature tho, especially with upload rates being shit with spectrum.
      Go to https://www.plex.tv to get the media server and the PlayStation/xbox store/roku/android to download the plex app. I know this topic seems like am advertisement but they're paying me nothing and it's all free downloads anyway. it just works and works great. 
    • By Sledgstone
      Hell yes. Daredevil season 2 was the entire Punisher origin story and in that season netflix pulled off some of the most realistic gun fights I've seen in any movie / tv series. Sure movies have gun fights all the time, but for assault weapons, shotguns, etc. its all special effects and nothing physical. In daredevil season 2 it felt like they were literally shooting guns everywhere and each individual bullet hole was shown being created in the background as it happened. As long as the punisher series has that much detail this will be amazing. It better have that much detail because netflix needs another strong marvel series. Iron Fist and Defenders were horrible compared to their predecessors.
    • By Sledgstone
      It looks good to me, except for Iron Fist. Even in this trailer he has to say "I'm Iron Fist". I hope the guy that wrote Iron Fist isn't part of this production, because if he is, I'll expect to hear Iron Fist say his own name again 100 more times in the show.
    • By Sledgstone
      This came out on netflix last week and I finished it up about a week ago. Its the fourth series in the Marvel/Netflix deal leading up to the fifth series called "Defenders" that will have Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist in it. Those first three series were highly enjoyable and well made. I don't think I made a topic for each one but perhaps I will. The special effects, characters, plot and abilities of the heroes and villains in each of those series were well thought out and executed.. But then we have Iron Fist. Honestly this show was a huge let down. From what I remember in the comics and cartoons, Iron Fist was a smart ass guy with a sense of humor.. and is supposed to be the best fung fu master on the planet worthy of the power of the Iron Fist. In this series Danny Rand aka Iron Fist is a complete mess. He was raised by monks in a monastery for 15 years and instead of becoming an amazing kung fu master in full control of his body and mind he is a psychological mess with constant PTSD issues. wtf. The actor also appears to have done all his own stunt work which includes yellow belt kung fu lessons and no full length leg extensions on kicks. wtf.
      I was expecting some Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee action considering they are/were kung fu legends in my mind. Instead of amazing fight choreography like I'd see in either of their movies, we get the equivilant of a guy looking homeless half the movie getting into random fights with minimal kicking. Its not just the fights that are bad, but the acting and characters are worse. They repeat everything. I heard "I"m the Iron Fist" at least 5 times per episode.. I'm not kidding. Every character counterdicts themselves. One episode they'll talk about honor, the next they're doing illegal activities. One minute Danny Rand wants to get control of his father's company, the next he completely abandons it. One episode a character is emotionally torn about Danny, the next episode they betray him.. again.. and again, like a game of tennis. I don't know who was in charge of this show but it was horrible. The worst part of the entire series was the emphasis on the multi million dollar corporation he somehow still had legal rights to after being declared dead over 15 years ago. At least half the series was focused on board rooms and the fate the company that overall had no significant impact on the actual series. Imagine a Batman movie where half the movie was Bruce Wayne and, alot of screen time on his associates, making business decisions about Wayne Enterprises. Who needs action and kung fu in an action based kung fu series when we can instead sit here and watch people squabble about the price of the drugs they're manufacturing and whose in control of the company. Ehhhhh. Daredevil had a bit too much courtroom drama with the lawyer aspect of it, but in the end it kind of worked since it was a build of Punisher having his own series. In Iron Fist, I suppose this boardroom crap and the lack of a single major enemy throughout the series for Iron Fist to fight against was more of a build up to Defenders than a standalone series.