It looks promising and a couple of the scenes look like they were taken right out of the game. Alicia Vikander looks like Lara Croft in that outfit, but shes a very small woman (height and muscle) in comparison to Lara Croft in the video game. I hope her physical performance is believable considering how many men she'll have to kill. To hell with the double guns tho. I'd rather see her using only the bow and climbing axe the entire movie.. and maybe an assault rifle. lol.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'll still go see this, but the reviews are mixed and its tanking already.  Alicia Vikander is a pretty girl, but honestly I was never sold on her look. Shes just too petite and short for the roll. Her body has limits to how much muscle she could fill out with, and she looks very young. I feel bad because I watched some behind the scenes and she really put in a lot of work out time and grueling stunts to make the movie. While Angelina Jolie was picked because of her sex appeal, she's 3 inches taller and looked older, even though she was four years younger when she did the first movie. Jolie filled the roll of a more sexual Lara Croft and looked the part. Vikander doesn't really look the part of the new Lara Croft to me. Shes wearing the same outfit, but the more board shoulders and toned biceps aren't there.

Maybe it shouldn't matter, and in any other movie it maybe wouldn't. But for a video game movie, you gotta be believable as the character, or you lose all the fanboys/fangirls. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I do want to see this movie but I'm not interested enough to see it in the theaters. Mostly because of two things. I love the new tomb raider games but that timed exclusivity bull shit for rise of the tomb raider being on Xbox for a solid year before ps4 resulted in me waiting a year to play the game and a year of my interest in it being destroyed. Just like i waited to play the game i can wait a year to watch this movie on cable at this point. The second issue for me is that Alicia Vikander doesn't physically look like Lara Croft from the new games. I didn't care for Angelina Jolie in the original tomb raider movies but when I look at pictures comparing her lara croft to the new one, Angelina's looks like she could kick her ass easily. 

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg