DeathscytheX

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire

32 posts in this topic

I'm going to try to be optimistic and assume anet will balance spellbreaker a bit to increase it's dps. It's not optimal in pve because the daggers do to little damage. But I think anet balanced them to be that way because of their might generation. When I was testing it in the pvp lobby I was able to consistently get 25 stacks of might within 4-5 seconds. While that is good and it increases dps the low damage of the daggers is only more emphasised when I swap over to greatsword and accomplish far more damage. And that might generation isn't that impressive either considering a normal berserker with greatsword can generate that much might themselves in an additional 1-2 more seconds. But it's not just the dagger dps that disappointed me it's also the traits. It really feels lackluster in synergy compared to other elite specs like dragon hunter, reaper and scourge. I still think warrior needs a complete rework of their traits or they'll never be anything more than a might generator with phalanx strength and banners.

Spellbreaker will be amazing in wvw though because of the elite skill but that's only because anet never properly balanced wvw to begin with. 

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

I beat the story. It took me about 12 hours. If you tried to hardcore speed run it, I doubt you could do it faster than 9-10. I only got side tracked doing hearts once, other than that I was going from chapter to chapter in between getting mounts. The only time it was gated was getting the Springer mount. You needed to get the canyon jump for the raptor to get to that area. The skimmer was only needed for one part, and the jackal is just extra for story... it seems a good bit of MP are gated behind it's abilities though. Once you get the Springer a wealth of MP become available, and you get one for each part of the story you do. You never really feel impeded by these. Each of the 3 mounts after the Raptor require a renowned heart to do, they offer the unsummonable mount and get you to practice its abilities to complete the heart. If only they'd have a CC heart. XD I'd say the Raptor is my favorite, its upgraded jump covers a lot of distance as long as you aren't going up hill. The Jackal is pretty neat, but seems situational.

The story was damn good. Bravo to Anet for the voice acting, and the writing. Canach and Rytlock were epic with their back and forth banter. I had a lot of good laughs. Steve Blum and John DiMaggio were on top of their game. You'd never be able to tell it was Spike and Bender. :P There was comedy, drama, suspense, surprises, and action. There was a large amount of variety as well. It wasn't a rinse and repeat "beat this enemy, defend this gate, talk to this person". Some of the achievements were pretty shit though. They either required 2 play throughs to do the opposite thing you did before, required a mount you wouldn't have had access too yet, or they were only soloable with a high DPS class. With how long the story was, it would be tedious to grind this. But I'm glad the story was long... and that the final boss wasn't bugged like Mordy.

Sledgstone likes this

dvabanner.png

Ok yeah, the Jackal is pretty awesome, but outside of the PoF maps its not as awesome. It can teleport through the air 3 times as it gets a DD type endurance bar, but it does lose some height so its not as good as the raptor jump. The Sand Portals are what makes it interesting. I've been wondered why there was a mastery point in the Desert Highlands that said it was above when all I could see was sky. Later i found a sand portal when I got as high as I could in that area. It took me through 2 sandy sky roads that ended in portals until I got to a platform way up in the stratosphere with the MP. I'm looking forward to all the hidden areas these portals will take me.

Sledgstone likes this

dvabanner.png

I just got my skimmer last night before I went to bed. I'm loving this campaign so far. The plot is significantly better than Heart of Thorns. I finally got to hear Rytlock's story about what happened in the mists. Thanks alot Rytlock. I'm glad all players get to see the re-enactment of how Kormir takes god powers all on her own without asking anyone else if they want to take the burden. lol. She power grabbed so fast that she sprinted right to her goal. XD I can still basically hear the hero "Wait Kormir!.... I deserve this, not you!"

DeathscytheX likes this

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg