DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

5 posts in this topic

The trailer is here! 

Edit: It's come to my attention that everyone is freaking out about the end of the trailer. No Rick hasn't been in a coma and all of it isn't a dream. As a comic reader, I know what it is, I just can't tell you. :P

Sledgstone likes this

dvabanner.png

Awesome. :D This season should be great and finish up the Negan arc. At the end of the trailer I'm assuming a time skip takes place. I don't see how these people can keep coming across endless enemies without eventually getting into a period of stability that could last for years. If he had a Rumpelstiltskin moment and everything was a dream it'd be the worst ending for the series. XD If it is a time skip, at least Carl will be re-cast if he's still alive and I wont have to look at that horrible hair anymore.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

If it's a time skip they won't recast carl. He's already old enough to play the timeskip part.. he hit puberty and should only be maybe a year or two older from when the show started, when he's 8 years older. XD They may change his hair though. 

This last season did a lot of foreshadowing for comic readers, and every time they throw us a bone, like the end of this trailer, it gets blown out of proportion with dumb fan theories by those that just follow the show. The whole dream thing gets brought up in every show these days... I remember when everyone thought Jack was dreaming the whole series of LOST. 

You can come back to this post and see how similar it is to the comic when the season is over with.

Spoiler

In the end of the comic arc, The 3 communities make a final stand and defeat Negan. Dwight takes over as leader of the Savoirs and becomes the 4th community in a trade deal... but with the show having the garbage people which are not in the comics, it could be 5 communities. Rick and Negan have their finale 1v1 where Negan breaks Rick's leg leaving him crippled for the foreseeable future.... I haven't gotten much past the next villain yet in the comic. Even then, Rick spares Negan and keeps him locked up in a cell.

dvabanner.png

I'm tempted to read that spoiler now, but I'll wait. XD

3 minutes ago, DeathscytheX said:

I remember when everyone thought Jack was dreaming the whole series of LOST.

That would have been the best ending for that show. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg