DeathscytheX

Favorite Old TV shows

Today TV sucks... at least it does for me. If its not a reality TV show, its a cop or doctor show. Since the turn of the century I've enjoyed maybe 4-5 series. LOST, TWD, Into the Badlands, and Vikings are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. 3 of those 4 are pretty recent. I use to watch all kinds of shows growing up, and oddly enough even most of those were reruns of older shows before my time. What were some of your favorites growing up? 

I loved this show so much.... Gil Gerard was such a terrible actor. XD I didn't care though, the special effects for the time were amazing, the blasters were cool looking, the ships were awesome... and Erin Gray was a goddess. She was my very first celebrity crush. Netflix had Season 2 for the longest time, but never season 1 which was disappointing to me.

Yeah, I'm a sci-fi junkie and I'm still waiting on Space 2099... eh probably fell through. I loved this show too because the premise was so absurd. Earth would be so fucked without the moon, and it kinda hinted at it in the first episode when the accident happened. Behind the scenes this show was a complete train wreck, which lead to its demise.

Man oh man, what memories. So many great episodes I remember to this day. Elvis, Lee Harvey Oswald, The Chimpanzee, The Evil Leaper, and the series finale. All three of these shows came into my life because of the launch of the Sci-Fi (SyFy) channel. I'd soak up all the old reruns, and I got to see every episode of this series because of it. The suspense of Sam not being able to leap was so well done in every episode it never really got worn out. The acting was top notch... but you only have to look at the cast to see why. I could go on, but I know I'd be taking up every show eventually before anyone else gets to post. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

If you haven't watched "The Guild" on netflix yet I recommend it just to see Erin Gray's cameo in the last half of the show. One of the main characters is obsessed with her and when he runs into her at a convention his obsession takes full control. XD The first season of the guild is all crappily made with a web cam, but the second half of the show is packed with celebrities thanks to the convention episodes. XD

TV for years have sucked because of all the endless reality shows that cost hardly anything to produce and thus it leads to maximum profits for the channels. Only recently has TV started to become good again, mostly thanks to the SYFY and CW channels. There have been so few good tv shows that I can list pretty much every good one off the top of my head. Over the past 10 years some of my favorite shows have been: Battlestar Galactica, TWD, Vikings, Badlands, Dark Matter, Killjoys, Z-Nation, Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, The 100, Expedition Unknown, Destination Truth, Josh Gates Destination Truth (new episodes, just started this year), Mythbusters, Psych (my favorite comedy for a long time, theres even a movie coming out for it on USA channel later this year), Chuck (the last season sucked, the rest of the show was amazing), Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, River Monsters (just finished it's last season), Fringe (the last season sucked horribly).. I'm sure I enjoyed some more too, but over half of these shows have only started in the last 3 years.

I watched so many old tv shows when I was younger. Buck Rogers was great, Quantum Leap was amazing. But my all time favorites were all the Star Trek series from the original all the way thru Voyager. Star Trek Enterprise was horrible tho but doesn't count as an old series. Some more favorites of mine were Babylon 5, Sliders, Stargate SG-1, The X-Files, Sliders, and Space: Above and Beyond.

Heres my really old favorites I watched as a kid:

The original BSG:

I used to watch Doctor Who all the time back on PBS with my dad. All those years ago I'd even watch the old black and white episodes. That was some of the best sci-fi ever:

The Twilight Zone was an amazing series and I'd catch episodes of those whenever I could:

Lost in Space is a classic:

The Outer Limits was a complete knock off of Twilight Zone, but it had some great episodes too.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I guess I'm not a huge Trekkie. I love TOS and TNG, and thats pretty much it. I couldn't get into DS9, and I never had time to watch Voyager, although I did like the episodes I got to watch. Its hard to beat the Kirk-Spock-Bones connection. I can't really say there was a focal 3 in TNG because more of the characters had more limelight. Its probably some bias too since no other series got feature films.

The original BSG was great, I avoided posting that one because I knew someone else would. I couldn't get into the remake because they changed too much for my nostalgia.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Hmm....

Hmmm....

<_<

Nope, can't really think of anything beyond Animation & Wrestling.

I guess WCW before the year 2000.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Pardon me but I haven't seen this television series. :oops:

One of my all-time favorite TV show is "How I Met Your Mother?" if ever it is considered as an old tv show. 

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

Well it did start airing over 12 years ago so I suppose that is old now. I've only seen the first 5 or so episodes of HIMYM. I should bing watch it some day. That got me thinking of old classic sitcoms. I loved Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond and Malcom in the Middle back in the day.

Sledge you won't be disappointed, HIMYM is an amazing show. I was heartbroken when they ended it as it's probably one of my favorite shows ever (great humor, great cast (NPH does an amazing job portraying Barney), and some of the best jokes I've heard in years).

Sadly I can't really say I have many favorite old TV shows as growing up I never really had control of the TV (my father controlled it and we spent a lot of time watching Wrestling and random stupid shit I couldn't get into) and when I did I spent most of that time watching cartoons. The only real shows I got into were Star Trek Voyager (the one show both my father and I liked watching), Star Trek: TNG, X-Files (I was a huge X-Files junky up until Mulder disappeared, could never get into it after that), the good shows on MTV (like Daria), and a few other shows here and there (yea the 90's kid in me shows, I was also a huge Power Rangers fan (the one show I watched religiously)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Knight Rider is classic. Now heres a really old one.. I've watched every episode of MASH. My parents loved that show when I was a kid.

And MacGyver was amazing and inspired the hell out of Mythbusters on more than one occasion. XD

Richard Dean Anderson was also in Stargate SG-1 for multiple seasons. Great scifi show:

Farscape was one of the best scifi shows ever made. Its a shame its left netflix earlier this year. I'd like to buy it on bluray at some point.