Dubird

Mystery Science Theater 3000

New season, w00t!

For those that don't know, there was a kickstarter a couple years ago started by Joel to make new episodes.  Well, it succeeded well enough to make 14 new eps., and Netflix picked it up!  New cast, new voices, new sets, etc.  After watching all of them, I can say it's a typical MST3K season.  Some movies were 'eh', some were hilarious.  Some of the host segments were very 'meh' and some were awesome and hilarious.  So if you're a fan of the 'old school' MST3K, give it a look.  Watch the first three at least, as it starts out kinda slow, but gets better.

Plus, one of the Mads is Felica Day.  And you can tell she was having tons of fun with it! XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I watched the first 6 movies so far. I didn't enjoy the first movie that much (Reptilicus), because it felt like the guys were doing way too much talking in the quiet parts of the movie. It felt like they were in a race to get as many back to back jokes in that I didn't have enough time to even register a laugh at something they said before the next joke started. However, Cry Wilderness was absolutely hilarious. XD Maybe they changed the pacing a bit from the first episode or that first episode needed to be watched to break me back into the show's format again. Either way Cry Wilderness was so damn funny. XD The other 4 movies have been enjoyable but a couple times I did get that feeling of too much talking again, but only for a few minutes unlike the full length of the Reptilicus movie. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

On a side note, I haven't watched any MST3K since I was a kid. I remember loving the show with the original host, but after he was replaced I eventually dropped it because I didn't find it as funny.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yeah, Reptilicus wasn't very funny, I admit I was a bit disappointed with it. Cry Wilderness made up for it.  XD  the Wizards of the Lost Kingdom movies are pretty good too.  I mean, come on, David Carridine as a retired hero working as a smartass bartender?  That doesn't need riffing to be funny!  XD

About the only issue I have is that Tom's voice is so different I have trouble determining when he's speaking as opposed to Jonah.  I mean, the guy does a great job, has Tom's personality down really well, it's just in a much higher register and that bugs me. 

And some of my favorite movies are with Mike, though the Ninja Master ones are still in my top 10.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg