DeathscytheX

Battlefront II

Pfft, it's going to take a lot more then a pretty 30 second trailer to get me interested in this (even with the promise of a single player campaign). EA and DICE fucked up massively with Battlefront (and BF1 but that doesn't apply here) and it's going to take a lot to regain my trust and money (hey that parallels Bungie with D2, god so many Devs and Publishers are just pissing me off lately).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I'm glad there will be a single player campaign.. because I know I won't buy this for the multiplayer if its anything like the last game. Once everyone knew where the hero pickups would drop, they'd get them, get the timing down for when to pick it back up and be a hero the entire match. I can't stand the hero system of battlefront or the elite class pickups in battlefield. If EA is going to keep with this design choice, I'll just play other games. Watch the campaign be only 7 hours but the game will be $60 with another $60 season pass for maps I'll never play and will destroy the player pool once the first dlc drops.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Meh, I must be getting finicky in my old age because I'm not that impressed by the full trailer. Don't get me wrong I love they're putting a story mode in but it just irks me they're doing it after Return of the Jedi and placing it more into The Force Awakens (I don't want to be playing with or as those fucking Goobertroopers, no thank you). About the only thing that got me hyped is that it looks like Yoda is going to be a playable hero this time around (same with Maul). Outside of that it pretty much just looks like Battlefront with different maps. I don't know but based on DICE's track record as of late I think I'll be passing on this (much like I'll be passing on Destiny 2: The Endless Grind for Slightly Better Loot and Better Story). I might of had more hope for Battlefront 2 if BF1 wasn't such a fucking let down.

And yea I heard about the Bioware Destiny-type game, a lot of people are afraid it's going to be a dud just like Destiny was (I mean the original ME team is making it (minus all the major talent sadly) and I don't have high hopes for it. Considering the dud that Andromeda is I'm starting to loose faith in BioWare now as well (not BioWare Austin though, TOR is still a fucking amazing game and they've been doing great things with it).

The trailer isn't building up my hype. If anything its making me annoyed because of the pre-order crap at the end. "pre-order now to get access to these heros or never get them in game later." I hate games that do that shit. Its one thing if its just a preorder exclusive skin and maybe these heros will only be re-skins of other heros available to everyone in the game. But pre-order incentives make me fold my wallet back up nowadays to wait for game of the year editions. Dice has also been having a bad track record with multiplayers imo. Battlefront and BF1 have both had 1 major thing in common. At launch, there is some OP gun that everyone plays the hell out of, it lasts 3-4 months, finally gets nerfed and then half the players quit the game. Jumping into a game at launch where I'll get one shotted by endless shotgun spam again or the equivilant of a DL-44 doesn't sound appealing anymore. :crap:

The Martini-Henry nerfed pissed me off so bad I pretty much quit BF1. The Model 10 is still a beast, yet a gun that requires aiming with no scope, and required an insane grind to get got nerfed. Despite the view on it, I had a lot of fun. It wasn't easy to use, and pulling off those shots were fucking rewarding. Its one thing to nerf something that's easily accessible, but something just completely turns me off a game that takes a shit on something I worked hard for. This is exactly how I felt when they nerfed the FAL in black ops 2, after I fought through all the SMG whores to max it out. 

I agree with Strider. A lot of Dev's that I use to find trustworthy have been letting me down lately. Despite Seige, Ubi has lost my trust altogether. The Division was terribly underdeveloped, and For Honor is a DLC pyramid scheme. DICE has gone COD with pumping out too much content than it can handle. I'll just hope that Andromeda was a misstep from BioWare for right now. Red Dead Redemption 2 being a bust will really break my spirits about gaming, but I don't see Rockstar fucking it up. Its an upside down world where Square Enix and Nintendo have provided me the best gaming experiences so far this year.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

DICE might have finally realized that full arcade-style combat doesn't appeal to their primary fan base. Being stuck in a vehicle or hero for that entire life sounds fine to me. This game was on my list of "don't bother" but with that change and the inclusion of a single player campaign I'll start paying more attention to this.

The problem is Battlefront was always an arcade-style game (the original was so arcadey it wasn't even funny but that's why I loved it, never actually got a chance to play the second one) and DICE tried and failed to reinvent it. I honestly don't think any of the proposed changes (I didn't watch this vid but I watched an earlier vid Westie made about it) are going to make this game any better.

Considering how much I actually hate the vehicle system in BF1 I really don't like this change. It was already hard enough to get vehicle pickups in Battlefront now you're just allowing people to stay on a spawn screen and wait for the vehicle to pop back up (something that is prevalent in BF1 and doesn't allow many people a chance to get any vehicle time). The class based system is an alright choice as it goes back to basic Battlefront but, outside of star cards (horrible system), I actually liked the new Battlefront's character system.

Meh, I'm still not interested in this game. With DICE's fuck-ups in BF1 I honestly can't put much faith behind this title. I hope I'm wrong but I see this one going over about as well as Battlefront did after the first month it was out.

The Vehicle system needs to be a queue. This would prevent spawn screen camping, and it would be fair to everyone. You pick the vehicle you want and then go play on the battlefield. When your turn is up, you get a prompt that gives you 15 second to confirm before it moves to the next person in line. Instead of the same 2 people getting the vehicles over and over, it would be more like the same 5-10 that are interested in using them.

Nothing pissed me off more than some asshat picking the light tank when there was a fucking behemoth in the sky. Everyone was so quick to get the tank just to have it and farm kills, they weren't picking the correct variant for the situation. This is why defense got steam rolled most the time after the defense nerfs. (Too many matches with Strider, where we got crushed on Iron Walls because the Behemoth stayed up and offered a constant waypoint for the attackers to parachute into the last point) Its bad enough dealing with piss poor team mates in a 6v6 game, but when something as simple as tank selection and make or break Operations, it becomes irritating that such a small part of the game can make or break the team.

Hero and vehicle wasting was prevalent in the first battlefront, this new system does nothing to change it. The main reason Overwatch is my favorite MP game right now is because it has a high skill ceiling, and there is no coddling of n00bs. Either git gud, or go play something else. A year later the MP is still going on strong, match making is still under 1 min, while 3-4 months after Battlefront came out, I watched a friend's roommate wait over 5 min to find a match. The whole "we want to make it accessible for casual and hardcore players alike" Sorry, thats shit. The hardcore players are the ones that stick around if your content is good, the casuals are just that casual. They play and then don't stick around long because they're CASUAL. Developers are too chicken shit to make players have to learn to master the game, everything is watered down and made easy... then when skilled players find that one thing that gives them a skill based advantage, it gets nerfed.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/11/star-wars-battlefront-2-multiplayer-classes-are-exactly-what-this-game-needed/

Yeah, no thanks. Unless they put a cap on how many of each class can be on a team, it's going to be BF1 all over again with everyone thinking they're a pro sniper. I'll always be on the team that gets steamrolled because everyone is sniping. The thought of it makes my blood boil. They should have kept it a card with a big CD.

I like the idea of having traditional classes. In battlefront 1 everyone was running with a sniper rifle anyway until it got nerfed. They'll do the same with battlefront 2. Once to many ppl use a rifle it'll get nerfed into the ground like the martini. I'm glad the dlc won't get milked for another season pass. Blizzard's Overwatch finally made EA realize a fps game can be hugely profitable by not double charging it's players for maps and not seperating the player base ensures the longevity of the game.

Still not impressed. I love how everyone is swooning over this when all we're getting is more of the same with minor tweaks. They should of never revamped the original Battlefront system from the old games, it worked well. You only got to choose a character type depending on faction and never got to choose a weapon, you were stuck with whatever that class had for weapons and whatever they had for a special gadget.

There will never be a cap on classes. Not only is it retarded (yea, it sucks when everyone picks up the same kit but that's the inherent flaw with a class based shooter like this. The only games that do this are currently still in Alpha builds (like Squad)) but you ruin the very spirit of the game, allowing you to do whatever you want and play how you want. This isn't a hero shooter where limiting same hero selection is a must as it ruins game balance. Plus if they do it with this they'll do it with Battlefield and believe me when I say that doesn't need anymore reason for people not to play it.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/23/star-wars-battlefront-2-single-player-campaign-is-5-7-hours-long/

5-7 hours? sheesh. They shouldn't have bothered to make it at all TBH. EA clearly has shown no interest in making any single player content for Star Wars. They shut down Visceral and they are probably going to convert that project into a Destiny clone. It seems out of no where, shared world shooters are the new FPS, and every game is going to be one. Every time we're close to getting a legit Star Wars story driven type game it gets scrapped. If you cant have micro-transactions, then its not worth making now I guess.

5-7 hours seems so damn short. Thats like BF1 campaign short. The BF1 campaign missions were great and well made, but I bought that game for the multiplayer. The single player was just a great bonus on the side. But for battlefront 2, I'd rather it be more about the story with multiplayer as a bonus mode like Last of Us and Tomb Raider. Its a shame so many games are turning into the multiplayer loot box setup instead. I blame cell phone games. Before we know it Battlefront 3 will be a F2P game but you can only play 3 matches a day unless you pay $0.99 a day for 5 hours a day and only $9.99 one time fee to remove the in game advertising in between spawns.

Kotaku and some other sites have been having the loot box conversations for the last week or so. I agree that that loot box is a shitty way to make money. As far as I'm concerned they should either have paid DLC or loot boxes. If there is going to be loot boxes, then the dlc needs to be free to keep people playing while having loot boxes be the crap on the side people can throw money at. I prefer Guild Wars 2 loot boxes. Even tho I never buy them at least I can buy the contents off the trading post. But in all these other games exclusive account bound skins hidden behind rng is some bullshit. The loot box fiasco of Battlefield 1 was a big part of what turned me off from the game. Its much better now. At least if I save up enough scrap I can buy a specific skin directly when it comes up in the rotation instead of having to gamble.

I think Overwatch has the best system. Cosmetics only is the way to go. Destiny is too bad, but they still have DLC. COD is p2w and from the looks of it so is BFII. 

I don't mind loot boxes as long as they don't give gear. My issue is every game being pretty much the same with a new coat of paint. I love me some shared world shooters, but I still want an MGS, Ace Combat, Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption in the mix. 

Battlefront 2 is on sale this weekend so I broke down and bought it digitally on ps4. $31.99 for the deluxe edition doesn't seem that bad at all for a campaign even if its a bit short. I'll focus on playing the campaign and try the multiplayer out with my brothers.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/103049/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-update-2-0

I think EA finally learned their lesson and as a result, DICE has mostly fixed battlefront now. The new progression system is much much better. They removed all star cards from rng crates. Now crates will only contain cosmetic items. All heroes are unlocked by default. Each class, every hero and every ship has it's own progression system similar to how Battlefield 4's progression was. Play a class, level it up and that class gets a skill point. Use that skill point to unlock a low level star card. Play more and get higher levels to unlock higher level star cards, upgrade them, etc. All of which is class specific. Different weapons are unlocked in a similar fashion to BF4's assignments. Get x amount of kills with a specific gun to unlock another gun, etc. There is weekly timed events to unlock skins in game. This weekend is an event to unlock a Leia hoth skin. Its a pretty basic assignment for it too.. play 5 rounds of 3 different game modes each. So far I'm enjoying this game. I still haven't beaten the campaign and I've already been playing it for more than 5 hours (not counting my afk time, lol). The battle missions seem decent for offline game play. I'm still fresh in the multiplayer tho so I'm not sure how good the balance is just yet. But I can say I absolutely suck at flying. I played 7 matches of starfighter assault and I am horrible at this. This is one of those game modes that I would actually be much better with a mouse and keyboard.

DICE has never been able to put together decent flight controls, and on top of that they've never been able to have consistent flight controls. BF1 was the only game I've ever been able to be somewhat proficient in flying, but I'm sure trying to fly Zeros, Mustangs, Bf 109s, and Spitfires are going to be totally different in BF5. -_-; 

I thought flying in battlefront 2 would have battlefield 1 controls and it was way different. I'm battlefront 2 it's basically all right analog stick for flying and the left analog is only really used for acceleration and deceleration. And there is no control setting to change the speed controls to trigger buttons. And there is a default setting to auto adjust the ships orientation to the horizon. Its extremely different and I guess it's supposed to simplify flying but man I'm horrible at it. 

Meh, flying in Battlefront is pretty much flying on rails. Once you learn that concept it's a breeze to get the hang of it (before I stopped playing Battlefront 1 I was pretty much an ace pilot with the X-Wing and A-Wing, Tie Fighters and Interceptors gave me more trouble due to how they were). While I'll admit the controls were a little different in Battlefront 2 (or the beta anyways, I still refuse to buy this shit show of game) the concept is still similar (believe me when I say it was easier to learn to fly in Battlefront for me, I still to this day cannot fly anything in BF4 or BF1. I so do not look forward to flight controls in BF5 (psst, take some design notes for Bandai Namco and the Ace Combat series. That's how true flight controls should be done)).

Problem is the fix is a little to late. EA already lost a majority of the players who supported this game in the beginning and soured the rest of us on their shady ass design and practices (I really didn't have high hopes for Battlefront 2 after the first game failed to impress and I'm glad I didn't based off of beta gameplay). Yea, the fix is a step in the right direction but I still feel we'll get hosed in one way or another in BF5 when it finally releases. Glad you're enjoying it though.