DeathscytheX

IT - The Movie

This won't be interesting or stupid as the one starring Tim Curry.

In other words I expect it to be a bland PG-13 movie.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

It looks great to me. The original It mini series was good but when compared to the book it was lacking alot of details and horror. I am surprised they didn't show any of the characters as adults in the trailer. The biggest plot line of the book was that it was practically one big flash back. After their ordeal with It as children they all lost their memories until It returned when they were adults, then started murdering again. Maybe this movie will focus solely on the childhood encounter? If thats the case I'm expecting a bit of a Stranger Things vibe from this since it would have taken place in the 80s.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

BALLOONS AREN'T SCARY.  Stop trying to make balloons scary!  XD

Screenplay not by Stephen King, it might work out.  Should be R rated, though, that's more appropriate.   I dunno, Tim Curry made the last movie/series enjoyable.  I don't know if they're going to have as memorable Pennywise as his is.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Tim Curry made Pennywise a memorable icon of horror for an entire generation's youth. XD I agree that this movie should have been rated R, but with today's standards thats mostly profanity and gore now. Pushing the boundaries of PG-13, I think it'll do the book right except for about 2 or 3 scenes. I do hope the movie follows the book more accurately, since the book was a far more terrifying version of It than how Pennywise was portrayed in the first mini series.

That and straight up gore like Deadpool cutting off his own hand, etc. I remember when The Fifth Element came out in the late 90s and there was some slightly blurry breast nudity in it. I thought to myself at the time. "Wow.. I am really surprised this is PG-13." Thats nothing compared to what is PG-13 now.

This looks amazing and actually resembles the book. O_O It is one of my favorite books of all time. One of the best horror novels I've ever read. The mini series all those years ago was decent but didn't cover hardly anything that took place in the book. I'm hoping this movie shows It in it's other forms since it wasn't always a clown. Werewolf, zombie, massive spider.. It is the embodiment of fear. It just so happens that creepy clowns seem to be universally feared. XD 

I really enjoyed it. For a remake, it was really well done. I never read the book, so I don't know how much closer this was to it over the mini-series. Obviously they couldn't fit everything into a +2 hour film, and they didn't try to cram the whole thing into a single film. I read there will be a second film, so I look forward to it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

This movie was great. There were a few variations from the book but it followed the child portion pretty spot on. Since it took place in 1989 the sequel will be based in 2016 which will be a nice change from the 50s/80s the book took place in. Two of the variations I thought were odd which I won't put in spoilers because these are things that happen in the first 10 mins of the movie / book and was probably in the trailer. Georgie was killed in the book and his body was found by the sewer grate with his arm missing/ripped off. They had a funeral for him. Why he was 'missing' in this movie and presumed dead seemed weird and would have been way creepier if they'd have buried his body and then saw him running around later on. And the float thing.. "we all float down here" I won't say how they handled that in this movie, but it was a bit too literal. It was a simple metaphor in the book. I was always under the impression that It was referring to the corpses floating in the sewer water.