DeathscytheX

Destiny 2

With Red Dead and AC7 delayed, I'm more likely to get this game. I'm not giving my money to COD anymore. They'll ruin WWII with supply drops. If I want RNG shit, I'll just play Destiny instead. At least I can open world it. I also want to play it for the thin hope that we get some answers from the last game. My dream would be fully restoring Rasputin and having it demolish the Cabal. Rasputin was probably my favorite mystery of the first game more so than the Queen. The one strike we got made me want even more.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Meh, I'm happy the Cabal are finally getting their spotlight  but I just can't bring myself to be amazed or overly interested in this story. I'll give the beta a try but I just don't see myself getting back into Destiny (especially with the announcement of Anthem, if I had to choose right this instant I'd choose Anthem (it looks better and has a much more interesting concept than Destiny)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Sadly Anthem won't be out until Destiny is in its 2nd expansion pack if they follow the same content release schedule. Otherwise I wouldn't give this game a thought. The devs also said they wouldn't be answering what the darkness was in this game which is wierd. I'll buy the base game to give me something to do til GoW/AC7/RDR2. But if they don't answer anything about Rasputin, I'm done with this story. 

Luckily Stormblood will keep me busy for the next year (when new content comes out, thankfully FFXIV is on a 3 month content cycle), I still have Horizon to beat plus the new DLC coming out, I'm actually thinking of picking up AC: Origins, Detroit: Become Human (though I doubt this will release this year, been a huge Quantic Dream fan since Indigo Prophecy), and now that I have a PC capable of playing all my Steam games my whole Steam Library (which numbers at 89 games as of yesterday with plans on buying more (I'll be picking up Civilization 6, Black Desert Online (I really want to try it out and for $10 I'm willing to do so), Total War: Warhammer (and possible 2 if I like the first one) and Total War: Shogun 2). Yea, I definitely won't have to pick up Destiny 2 so I can whether the wait until next fall.

As far as I'm concerned Bungie has a lot to prove to me personally and I won't give them money for what is essentially Destiny 1.5. Unless the beta changes my opinion I won't pick this up. Considering one of the DLC's is pretty much dealing with Rasputin I'm thinking you'll have to shed money out for the revelations about it.

I'll have a group to play with so if proves to be better than the first I'll buy the first DLC. I doubt I'll get the second.  I already told them once Anthem hits, provided its further showings are as spectacular and the details are solid, they can either jump ship or play without me. XD

1 hour ago, Strider Hiryu said:

and now that I have a PC capable of playing all my Steam games my whole Steam Library (which numbers at 89 games as of yesterday with plans on buying more

Isn't that an amazing feeling? XD I thought the same thing and after a year now I've just now started on Mass Effect 1... one game out of my 200+ steam games I have yet to play. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

XD, I don't have a group to play with so that's why D2 just isn't worth it (honestly I only ever played Destiny with you and Sledge outside of that one time I played with your group and so old workmates). Sadly if Anthem is released on PC that's the version I'm going with (I don't know but this new PC just makes me want to say fuck my PS4 and focus on gaming on this).

It's a great feeling Sledge, for the first time in years I'm actually able to play every game I own (I fucking can't wait to play Skyrim with all of the ultra HD textures and the amazing mods I've been downloading over the past few days. I also can't wait to finally play a Total War game (I've wanted to for so long but my laptops were never powerful enough to run one)). Sadly this is probably the worst time for this considering early access for Stormblood is Friday and I'll be spending all next week glued to it (I took next week off for the launch, my mind ready but I don't think my body is. Going to be a lot of all nighters).

I still haven't played Skyrim and I have it installed and waiting too. What mods do you recommend? The first game I tried on max settings was StarCraft 2. My god.. I was playing it on my laptop at lowest settings and getting 8 frames per second in the second campaign whenever I had a zerg with Kerrigan. That game looks so beautiful on max settings compared to what I was playing it for years. XD

The developers out right said they have no idea what the darkness is!? Wtf. XD they're removing any mentioning of "the darkness" throughout destiny 2 and when they figure out how they want to handle what the darkness is they'll explain it at a later date.. lmao. XD I can't believe i just heard that. XD The writers don't know what the big bad entity is that has turned the entire galaxy / universe into the state it's in now.. wow.

I'm imaging Gandalf telling Frodo that he has a magic ring but has no idea who made it or what is coming after him to get it or how to destroy the ring. But he should definitely leave the shire and go into hiding. A story with no details or motivation. Lol. Destiny 2 is going to have an amazing plot. :shake:

Well it kinda makes sense, they did butcher the original story and boot the guy that made it. It wasn't exactly on good terms either so I doubt he would let them profit off the story they fucked up. He's probably the only one that knows what the darkness was supposed to be. XD it was quite the oversight. 

I'd love for the original script/vision/story board to leak or come out in its entirety one day. 

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/30/destiny-2-scraps-random-rolls-on-weapons-what-it-has-on-it-is-what-it-has-on-it-period-says-bungie/

This is good. No more endless currency grind to try to get a god roll, only to keep getting knee pads on your shotgun. If the weapon stats are shit they are shit for everyone, if they are amazing, they are amazing for everyone.

That needed to be done. I complained about it 2 years ago:

In that post I mentioned that as long as the guns all have set stats, they could then be account bound unlocks and stored in an arsenal of sorts like a battlefield menu loadout. Destiny wanted to do that rpg style of game play with big clunky inventory and borderlands style weapon rng rolls, but it just didn't work out. They should keep weapons in a menu / inventory like all other traditional FPS games and then do all the other stuff the way they were. Its one thing to have different armor drops and have those as inventory items specific to character classes/weight, but all the guns are the bread and butter of the game and shouldn't be hindered by rng bullshit. But if all weapons all have set stats, I wonder if this means they're going to do away with "2nd gen hawkmoon" or "3rd gen suros regime" and keep those as set stats for the life of the game. If thats the case, then maybe they'll be getting rid of their endless grind with every dlc/expansion. I doubt they'll do that tho since thats all anyone that still plays the game does.

Ok yeah. Hunter gets screwed in PvP. That staff is no match for this. I thought Dawnblade was OP.... but the shield is just as bad. Thats insane mobility just to one shot everyone. Skip to 3:58 if you want to see the only time he uses it.