DeathscytheX

Into the Badlands Season 2

Did anyone else watch the season premier after TWD? Hopefully this season is more than 6 episodes. I thought it was a solid start. Whoever does the choreography for the fight scenes is outstanding. Fight scenes are not cheap to produce from what I've gathered over various behind the scenes interviews I've watched the past few years. Not good ones at least. The sword play and martial arts training alone costs money, and this show goes a step further with dangerous stunts. These are A-lister movie quality stunts that may take several takes to get correct.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The first season was only 6 episodes!? I only watched the first 2 and missed the rest. I've been putting off catching up on it because I thought I'd have to marathon 13-20 total episodes. XD I think season 1 is on netflix. I'll watch that sometime soon.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

So far this season has been pretty great. There doesn't seem to be any loose plot holes, and they've done well tying what little of last season there was into this one. Bajie is turning out to be an excellent character. I didn't think I'd like him after the mine escape, which honestly he did have a pretty shaky development from a greedy opportunist to someone with a moral code. The gift is intriguing, and the fact that you can be sterilized of it or lose it like Bajie and seemingly MK makes me wonder how one inherits it in the first place.

Its clear that Azra is probably not a real place. Especially after MK found the WIRED magaizne featuring Bioshock. XD It makes me wonder what actually happened to the past world. After learning that Quinn is still alive, Sunny must know that Veil is the one that healed him. With the Widow teaming up with Quinn, Sunny won't have any allies trying to get her back. In fact he'll want to kill them both.

I also find it interesting how Tilda told the story of the Widow's husband, and how he would rape her nightly until the Widow killed him, and then shortly after the Widow hands over Veil as barter for a pretty dangerous alliance. Although she did have a point about the poison and insinuating that Tilda should have told her the wrong bottle when she patched her up in season 1. Still, its not like the Widow to not help another woman in that situation.

With Sunny incapacitated, and at the mercy of the Master, next week's episode should be interesting. I hope we learn more about the gift. Her abbots are dead, along with a prized student. I doubt she'll be happy. But with the revelation about Bajie's past, it should make for an interesting encounter.

I've been watching season 2 off and on for the last week and finally watched the rest of the episodes yesterday in the big marathon leading up to the season finale. This show is great. I love the action and fight choreography. The Widow is my favorite character because she kills the most people and is fighting to end slavery. That and I love strong women in shows and movies. :D When the widow handed over Veil it really surprised me. As much as she helps women whenever she can that was a death sentence handing her over to Quinn. I'd have liked to learn more about the gift, maybe we'll get some more info on that in the next season. I thought Bajie was just some opportunistic ass that was tagging along with Sunny, but then he has this back story that completely ties him into the plot. I liked that plot twist. The widow had the gift before too when she was younger. I hope they explain the gift with a bit more detail.

At first I thought Azra must have been the homeland of all the black eyed people and somehow Sunny was from there too but never got his powers.. but then all the monks showed up, captured MK and they live in a monastery outside of the badlands. At first I thought that was Azra.. but that place had nothing to do with it. I'm wondering if Azra really is the place where all the gifted people come from or not. If they do, then why in the hell do so many of them end up scattered all over the place? Maybe the place is some horrible location and parents are shipping their kids off to a better life elsewhere? But that doesn't make sense since they'd be knowingly sending off potential untrained, uncontrollable murderers all over the place.

The satellite room at the end of the episode. The book and compass lead him there and a signal was sent. Huh... I wish they'd have given a little more of a hint as to what the next season would bring.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I think Bajie is thinking he's saving the world in a LOST-equse way. I think the bunker is calling the "azruians", but they won't be good people. They'll come to conquer. As it is right now only Chao and The Widow could be the main antagonists. The Widow is a very gray character. She's not evil, but she will make questionable choices to further her agenda. 

I think there will be a time skip. Sunny can't lug that baby around and fight. Maybe Quinn's wife will take care of it while Sunny goes and saves MK.