I would've skipped this good movie had they named it Wolverine 3.

Spoiler

Yeah that's not a bird or a plane before the movie actually starts.

It seemed pretty obvious that, that family was going to die, but was the eminent domain part necessary? Makes it sound like Trump Republicans are still in power.

X-24 would probably be the lamest villain I've seen in a X-Men movie if it wasn't for Baraka Pool.

I don't think I heard wrong when it was stated the kid with Magnetism was named Joseph. Just like the clone in the comics.

Wait.... This movie actually ties into X-3? Then how is Patrick Stewart Charles Xavier again?

Movie ends before we find out whether or not Eden is real.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I thought it was a decent film. The acting was good as well as the action sequences. The story lacked in a lot of spots and failed to explain a lot of pretty big issues. I also find it funny how this film is getting rave reviews, while it does something that DC movies get shat on for... lack of comedy. You'd be hard pressed to find any humorous moments in this film, and its very dark. I guess it gets a pass being rated R? Who knows. Its worth seeing either way.

My biggest complaints are that it looked like the reused extras two and three times in fight sequences, a lot of people may not notice it, but I certainly did. Also why does Logan's body spit out shell casings instead of the actual bullets? Shell casings eject out of the gun and hit the ground, seems like a pretty bad oversight.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Finally got around to watching this.. So I'm guessing this movie takes place in an "alternate universe" based on this article I was reading:

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-long-after-days-of-future-past-is-logan-set-the-x-men-movie-timeline-is-so-complicated-40132

"Not only is [Logan] different in terms of timeline and tone, it's a slightly different universe. It's actually a different paradigm and that will become clear ... It's a stand alone movie in many ways. It's not really beholden to timelines and storylines in the other movies. Obviously Patrick Stewart was in there so we have some crossover but it feels very different and very fresh .....

The action was great, but the plot annoyed me. All the mutants are gone with no real explanation, Xavier is now everyone's grandfather with some dementia and Logan is dying of heavy metal poisoning.

Spoiler

We don't get to see if the kids get to Eden or even find out if it exists. wtf. Sure the movie was named "Logan", sure Logan died and never found out any of that either, but seriously? Credits immediately after he died.. At least in I am Legend we got to see the woman and kid make it to that community of human survivors.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

3 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

Finally got around to watching this.. So I'm guessing this movie takes place in an "alternate universe" based on this article I was reading:

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-long-after-days-of-future-past-is-logan-set-the-x-men-movie-timeline-is-so-complicated-40132

The action was great, but the plot annoyed me. All the mutants are gone with no real explanation, Xavier is now everyone's grandfather with some dementia and Logan is dying of heavy metal poisoning.

Hide contents

We don't get to see if the kids get to Eden or even find out if it exists. wtf. Sure the movie was named "Logan", sure Logan died and never found out any of that either, but seriously? Credits immediately after he died.. At least in I am Legend we got to see the woman and kid make it to that community of human survivors.

The heavy metal poisoning really bothers me on the grounds that Adamantium is suppose to be an indestructible metal. If blood pumping through the body can slowly destroy it then a wide variety of non Adamantium impacts should cause more damage to the fictional metal thus proving it pointless to have an Adamantium coated skeleton to begin with.

It also raises a hypothesis on the differences between Logan's & Deadpool's healing factors. Logan's healing factor is somehow not immune to aging. Logan's cells just got to that point where they deteriorate like anyone else. The opposite of that however would cause cancer. So in the case of Deadpool the healing factor keeps Deadpool alive & the cancer keeps the healing factor alive despite the fact without the healing factor the cancer would just kill Deadpool.

Spoiler

I really wanted to see this so called Eden. Hopefully this is a cliff hanger that leads to another movie.

Aside from I Am Legend's ending controversy (which to me feels like what happens when someone crossbreeds Smokin Aces plot twist ending with a Sega/Sonic fan base looking for vindication on Sega no longer making consoles) I think the woman & kid took away from Will Smith's character being lonely which I thought was more impactful. Also since he had to save them he couldn't also save the woman he just cured. I find the butterfly plot twist ending still dumber than that.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Good points about the heavy metal poisoning. I don't see how adamantium could deteriorate like that at all now that you mention it.

13 hours ago, Myk JL said:

Hide contents

I really wanted to see this so called Eden. Hopefully this is a cliff hanger that leads to another movie.

Aside from I Am Legend's ending controversy (which to me feels like what happens when someone crossbreeds Smokin Aces plot twist ending with a Sega/Sonic fan base looking for vindication on Sega no longer making consoles) I think the woman & kid took away from Will Smith's character being lonely which I thought was more impactful. Also since he had to save them he couldn't also save the woman he just cured. I find the butterfly plot twist ending still dumber than that.

Spoiler

lol. I referenced I Am Legend just to see if anyone would complain about it again. XD

If they did make a sequel to Logan I don't know if I'd be all that interested in it unless it has alot more adults to balance out the mutant kid cast. Logan was an ok movie, but if it was any other actor/mutant in a slightly different scenario, I doubt the movie would have been received well at all. Like if they swapped out Hugh Jackman's wolverine with Colossus and the kid had metal skin instead of wolverine powers and other than that keep the movie pretty much the same, I doubt anybody would have rushed out to go watch it. This movie only had a fan base because of Hugh Jackman. Half the movie felt like it borrowed heavily from Last of Us. Hell, Wolverine looked almost just like Joel from Last of Us most of the movie.

Hey Super Mario Brothers is a god damn classic, best movie ever (heavy sarcasm implied even though I actually like the movie). I actually liked Red Planet, don't really understand why people hate it so much (sure it's not a great movie but I thought it was entertaining).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

There was a massive oversaturation of Mars movies and space films in general that year. I think thats what turned my Dad off sci-fi movies, and movies in general after 2000. We use to go see every sci-fi flick that came out, and then after that year we stopped going to so many movies. Mission to Mars was a better film IMO, I remember a 3rd mars movie coming out that year as well. Supernova came out that year too and it was so fucking terrible. It mostly had to do with how it was advertised. The trailer made you think there was some creature after the crew of the ship.... but in the end it was just a bunch of zero g sex scenes even though getting pregnant in space was illegal, and one of the crew got space dementia and started killing everyone. -_-;

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I don't think I've ever seen Supernova. Thats probably a good thing. XD Red Planet was decent, but it was more of a syfy channel movie with a high budget. The movie with the most inaccurate trailer ever was "Lady in the Water". I watched that movie expecting to see some monster / thriller movie because of a 2 minute trailer showing some weird crap and a passageway to some underground world.. the actual movie was nothing like that trailer and it was a family movie that could have been rated G. Thanks alot M night shyamalan. After he made that horrible Avatar the last airbender movie (it was so bad, his main character had his name pronounced wrong the entire movie) I refused to watch another movie made by him.

So to get this back on track I just got done watching this. I have to say I really enjoyed the movie and this is coming from a guy who has very little knowledge of X-Men, it was a nice send-off to Hugh's version of Wolverine and Patrick's version of Professor X (if you think we've seen the last of these characters you're mistaken, not only is Wolverine a money maker because everyone and their mom knows who he is I'm pretty sure he'll be brought into the current set of X-Men movies played by someone else (if they continue on)). I honestly understand why this movie was as big as it was.

My only problem is the whole poisoning aspect. I don't know if this is even in the comics (never read them nor do I plan on it) but you can't tell me a man with his regeneration abilities can't fight off the poisoning? I get it, Logan is 197 years old in this movie. He's old, run down, and after a lifetime of fighting and taking a beating his body can't keep up anymore but they made it sound like this was due to the poisoning more then old age (plus you'd think this would of been a factor earlier on after he originally got the adamantium grafted to his skeletal frame). I never once thought Logan was immortal, I knew he'd eventually die of old age but this was kind of a let down for the character (though the way he went out was a pretty nice send off).

Oh there will be another movie, maybe not a direct sequel but there will be another one. They just introduced X-23 to the X-Men movie franchise, there's no way they'll let that die out considering how popular she is as the new Wolverine in the comics (and lets face it she's a complete badass and will be just as big of a money maker as Logan was).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589