DeathscytheX

My Hero Academia Season 2 SimulDub

6 posts in this topic

YESSSSSS!! Season 1 was so good. I'm so glad this is a SimulDub and I don't have to wait for the whole broadcast for it to be all dubbed. I hope they do this with AoT Season 2 too, but if CN gets the air rights to it they won't. -_-; I hate Toonami now because of stuff like that. Dragonball Super probably wont be dubbed on Funi streaming for another year.

dvabanner.png

Wow a trailer for just an arc. XD Well this season already has more episodes than AoT S2. The first part focused on the Sports Festival Tournament. I really like how this series paced it. All the fights were pretty short and to the point. Two or three minor character matches fit into one episode. No lengthy conversations or life story flashbacks just to extend the scene. There were some flashbacks, but they were short and to the point and often occurred at the end of a match when someone was getting knocked out, rather than mid fight causing a spectacular second wind. (There is no power of friendship here! XD) This series has a great balance of Action/Comedy/Feels. Even though its a "school anime" its not really a school since they are constantly training and all the teachers are professional super heroes. To me, it deserves all the hype and accolades its getting. The quality of animation its extremely good along with the music.

Sledgstone likes this

dvabanner.png

On 7/29/2017 at 2:58 AM, DeathscytheX said:

(There is no power of friendship here! XD)

I think I'll watch this some day when I get funimation's service. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

http://deadline.com/2017/07/sony-pictures-tv-networks-acquires-majority-stake-funimation-japanese-anime-1202139652/

Sony Pictures just bought them. I hope this doesn't cause a price increase in the service or have them bundle with with some bullshit Sony streaming to justify a price increase. They just lowered the price this year which I thought was pretty awesome, even if it was already cheap to begin with. Sony already owns Aniplex which Funi has dubbed a lot of material from. So maybe it will be a good thing, maybe not.

I'm sure Kissanime has it. XD I'm not sure about its legality but I watched all of Paranoia Agent on it, dubbed, with out issue. They do make you turn off your adblocker though, to let one pop up happen per ep. And yes the big blonde muscular hero is voiced by Christopher Sabat in a very Armstrong-Esque manner. XD

dvabanner.png