Sledgstone

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series (Season 3) A New Frontier - Trailer

I played Season 1 (which I got for free from Games With Gold) up until I got to the final confrontation. I was going to replay it for the umpteenth time. But constantly having to justify my wrong actions seemed pointless in the grand scheme of the game. I guess replaying would've been fun if it wasn't for time limits.

This barely makes me want to play Season 2.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

These telltale games seem to always drop in price so quick that I'll never buy them for their full price or even play it piecemeal. Its too easy to just watch a playthrough of it on youtube. Aside from actually making the decisions its easy to get the full experience of the game without actually playing it.

I didn't realize this at first but in the third season we don't play as Clementine.. its a guy named Javier. Interesting.

When family is all you have left... how far will you go to protect it? Years after society was ripped apart by undead hands, pockets of civilization emerge from the chaos. But at what cost? Can the living be trusted on this new frontier? As Javier, a young man determined to protect his family, you meet a young girl who has experienced her own unimaginable loss. Her name is Clementine, and your fates are bound together in a story where every choice you make could be your last.

https://telltale.com/news/2016/11/-the-walking-dead-the-telltale-series---a-new-frontier-premieres-december-20th/

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I beat season 1 about a year ago. I picked up 400 days, Season 2, and this game today on the steam summer sale. I just got done with 400 days and I'm glad I got it for $1.25 or whatever. Seemed like a waste of time at the end. The mini stories were cool, but you really had no control over the end... or whatever choices you made doesn't really feel like it connected to how it ended. I always find it interesting how I stacked up at the end vs. other players. I was in the minority on a lot of choices on season 1, but was in the majority on everything except one choice on 400 days. I'll probably start season 2 soon.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I think I beat 400 days.. or I only did 2 or 3 of the stories. It wasn't that memorable. Season 2 wasn't as good as season 1 to me in terms of character development. I don't think anything could top Lee and Clementine's original story. Overall tho, season 2 was a solid game and will give you alot of 'oh shit' moments. :D

WTF, Why can't you skip the credits? Apparently this is a thing on the PC version, you just have to alt-f4 the game and reload it to go faster between eps. Otherwise you have to sit through a 10-15 min roll of credits every time. Save that shit for the end.. You cant ESC, you cant scroll or hold enter to speed it up... none of that courtesy is given to you.

I'm pretty certain it was like that on the PS4 version too. I remember getting up to go use the bathroom or get a cup of coffee or something and let the credits roll. If it was skip able, I must not have noticed. XD

btw, did you also buy The Walking Dead: Michonne? Its a short telltale game, but for $3.75 its a decent game. It confused me as all hell tho initially because it actually takes place at some point in the comic's timeline and not the show's timeline.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/429570/The_Walking_Dead_Michonne__A_Telltale_Miniseries/

Forgive me for I am not a fan of TWD and I haven't played it before. I don't see the graphic design of this zombie theme game as attractive as the Resident Evil or any other similar games that's why I don't play it. 

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

Have you played any games made by Telltale? Their style is basically in the title. It's not really like Resident Evil or any action/horror game. Its more like a point and click, choose your own adventure. You really do play it for the story rather than the gameplay which is very limited. You choose dialog choices, and occasionally interact with items. The most intensive thing they require of you is mashing a button rapidly sometimes if you are in a tense situation. But overall its a pretty relaxing experience. You don't really have to be a fan of the show to enjoy the story of the game as its totally separate. They're more interactive stories than they are games. If TWD doesn't interest you they do have a Borderlands and Batman game as well. They have others but those 3 are their most notable.

I always thought of the telltale games as a modern take on old school SIERRA adventure games from back in the 80s and early 90s. Those were always fun for me, but cartoony. I definitely prefer the Resident Evil games for a true zombie fix tho. I prefer Resident Evil over most other zombie games because so many of the others are always endless horde modes. CoD zombies has no end.. just kill zombies until you die. I think thats how Killing Floor is too. Dying light and Dead Island both look decent. I own Dead Island, I should probably try it out.

Those old point and click adventure games were amazing when I was a kid. It was like playing an interactive novel. Sure the games look a bit crude today, but back when CDs were new, having a fully voiced game was pretty huge. This game came out the same year as the Super Nintendo. While I enjoyed jumping on goombas with Mario, a game like King's Quest 5 was literally telling me a story.

I ended up getting the full game in a humble bundle probably a year ago. I still haven't played it but I definitely will. Another old Sierra game, Gabriel Knight, was remade in HD a couple years ago by the original developer in her own indie company. That game was so enjoyable. It was about Voodoo cult murders in New Orleans.

Heres an original playthrough of it:

It was a much larger game than King's Quest 5. Gabriel Knight took me about a solid week of afternoons for me to play through when I was a kid.

On 6/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, DeathscytheX said:

Have you played any games made by Telltale? Their style is basically in the title. It's not really like Resident Evil or any action/horror game. Its more like a point and click, choose your own adventure. You really do play it for the story rather than the gameplay which is very limited. You choose dialog choices, and occasionally interact with items. The most intensive thing they require of you is mashing a button rapidly sometimes if you are in a tense situation. But overall its a pretty relaxing experience. You don't really have to be a fan of the show to enjoy the story of the game as its totally separate. They're more interactive stories than they are games. If TWD doesn't interest you they do have a Borderlands and Batman game as well. They have others but those 3 are their most notable.

I haven't tried to play it before but it seems like this games are indeed interesting. I guess I should give it a try to see if I will enjoy it. Thanks for enlightening me about this stuff. :tup:

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

I finished season 2 and it was pretty depressing. It was good to see an old face, but man they really made it hard by doing that. I stuck with him until the end and chose to listen to him. I'm surprised how it was 50/50 on the final fight for most people... especially with the Lee flashback right before it.

Spoiler

I couldn't kill Kenny.. I mean c'mon, yeah he was losing it at some point but in the end he never lost his sanity which made me feel good about not killing him. Fuck that Arvo kid... I wish I could have shot him. I have a bad habit in these games where if anyone pisses me off I want them to die. XD I let Sarah get eaten because she was nothing but a burden after Carlos died. I honestly didn't like any of the new characters too. Luke was ok... I did like Pete but he died so soon. After everything I went through I couldn't turn my back on Kenny.

I chose to stay at wellington with AJ because it was what Kenny wanted, and I figured there really was no choice, but when I looked I could have gone with Kenny so I wish I would have picked that. The bad part is I don't feel like playing 2 hours worth of episode to change this. I don't like how season 2 episodes were super long compared to the more broken down eps of season 1. Each ep took me +2 hours to complete, and it was just a bit too long.

Spoiler

Because they were all assholes that got us into that situation in the first place. XD

All of them tossed Clem in that hut to die of infection... I mean how could you not tell that was a dog bite? Any infection can cause a fever as well... and they were waiting to see if you got a fever! I never liked Carlos and his stupid weird daughter because of that. I didn't care about any of them from that point and sided with Kenny every time in every dialog situation. XD

Rebecca was a bitch at first, but I didn't mind her near the end and she died. I let Kenny keep shooting and it caused Alvin to die.

Nick was off the hinges before Kenny was and caused all the trouble to begin with by killing Matthew indiscriminately. I threw his ass under the bus in no problem. He caused Pete to die. If he wouldn't have left us, we could have cut off his foot and got him back to the house. 

Luke abandoned us when Carver caught everyone, screw him too. Then he was banging Jane when everyone was in trouble. XD Mike seemed like a pointless character, he just showed up at the Carver camp, and all he did was defend Arvo the whole time and tried to steal the truck Kenny fixed... with Bonnie who was a junkie whore from 400 days, AND turned us in to Carver when we gave her food.

I took Arvo's pills but I doubt giving them back would have made a difference, you still would have gotten caught by the Russians... I wish Kenny would have killed him. XD 

Jane was always questionable and was ready to abandon everyone, and even left her own sister to die. The fact that she provoked Kenny by putting AJ in the car validated my belief she deserved to die for starting shit that didn't need to be started.

It was everyone else's fault I tell ya! XDXDXD

Spoiler

When you put it like that I can see your point. XD I should replay this and stick with Kenny the entire time to see how different it'll all feel. Maybe by getting the Kenny ending he'll show up in the next game. Until then I still don't regret my actions. XD

I remember choosing "Why did you make me do this?" He had to be put down. XD

I played ep 1 of A New Frontier and you can definitely tell they made it a lot more console friendly. Which in turn makes it easier on PC as well. Bashing/stabbing walker heads is now just an action button press. Its Q and E on PC so I'll assume it was Square and X on PS4 where you mashed one and pressed the other when you filled the meter... but for melee prompts they swap it up between the two, and sometimes the left/right/up/down will be melee... but when that happens its during intense scenes as if you would have dodged anyways. So they don't mix it up too much. I even had a shooting sequence that was in classic form but much easier.... basically the super wobbly head motion paired with the shaky cursor is gone... that was pretty annoying even with a mouse.

The game looks a lot sharper than the first. The dialog was much improved when searching too.. it feels a bit more natural when you interact with items that you can't use. I mean that wasn't really a knock on the first game, and it didn't really need an improvement. But its interesting how they made it feel more realistic rather than a normal sigh or headshake and a "busted" or "we wont be able to use that" line.

The choices you made in season two seem to affect flashbacks rather than this story. You can use your save data Mass Effect style, Start fresh, or even use your save data and change choices you made. I assume you can pick and choose, but I went ahead and stuck with my decisions... I don't like to take back, even if I regret my choices... that's what I love about continuity games.