Strider Hiryu

Ace Combat 7

So I officially need a change of pants after this. My major draw back to this is it goes back to original Ace Combat storyline taking place 10 years after Ace Combat 5 (unlike the shitty Assault Horizon title). God 2017 can't get hear soon enough because I've been having AC withdrawals lately (I almost booted up my 360 the other night just to play 6 again).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Hell no. XD I wish Battlefield had AC controls. BF1 is as close as it gets as it's the only BF that lets you control horizontal and vertical movements on 2 sticks. 

Assault Horizon, I didn't even finish it, but it had some weird dog fight mode where you zoomed into some weird lock on mode to engaged another jet. I didn't like it and I hope it goes away. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

21 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

Are the controls similar to flying in battlefield?

Oh hell no. Ace Combat controls are so much different and laid out so much better on the controller it's not even funny. Battlefield really needs to look at Ace controls and, honestly, just outright copy them. Everything is so perfectly laid out it's like a dream. All the weapons are on easily accessed buttons, throttle and brake are triggers (R2 and L2), Yaw is L1 and R1, joysticks are mapped perfectly for flight, and oh so much more.

Assault Horizon's dogfight mode was annoying as hell and it was the only way to actually take out most fighters with one hit. Honestly the game wasn't all that bad it just had a shitty plot with a very shitty setting (never, ever place an Ace Combat game in the real world again Bandai Namco. It just doesn't work). I finished it and outside of the final duel with the "Shark" it was all pretty lackluster.

Considering how well co-op did for 6 and for Assault Horizon I'm pretty sure we'll see it included in 7. All I know is I seriously can't wait, I just re-watched the trailer and I'm shaking with withdrawal. I might have to dig out the PS2 and play me some Ace Combat 4, 5 and Zero this weekend (yes they are all easily beatable in a weekend and I have beaten every single one on Ace of Aces/Hard mode (that's how much I love these games)).

Here is a pretty good example of how the game plays Sledge. There is way more lock on danger because hes playing on the hardest difficulty... but he's also using the best damn fighter jet in the game... at least IMO. You def don't start out with the F22. XD

That looks good to me. Did the previous Ace Combat games have multiplayer? I loved the plane campaign in BF1, but playing against real people in multiplayer is always horrible for me. x_x If the new Ace combat has multiplayer, maybe all those ace plane experts will go play it and I'll have better luck in a BF1 plane. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yea 6 was the first Ace title to have multiplayer and while it wasn't bad it wasn't that good either. Honestly all it came down to is what plane was being used (90% of the time it was the F/A-22, Su-33 Flanker, or the Su-47) and what missiles were being used (XMAA's almost exclusively since those were some of the only planes that carried them). While I was still big into it what it came down to was who could lock onto the enemy team faster with XMAA's and whether or not they were good enough to out run said XMAA's. Skill played no actual role at all in multiplayer because of this. In fact those who use planes in BF1 are probably much better pilots due to the limitations and controls (if you can master BF flight controls you are in ace in my book) and I doubt many of them will got to 7 when it comes out unless they're big fans of the series. Most people don't even know what Ace Combat is outside of 6 and Assault Horizon (probably the worst titles to be associated with the Ace series (6 was good but it's story was lacking though it had some of the best air battles in an Ace series second only to Zero (they don't call you the "Demon of the Round Table" for nothing in Zero)).

This is by far the best plane in the game DX (sadly it's a 6 exclusive as it's the Super Plane of the title but those SUU-38 ADMM's were amazingly broken (a missile pod that locked on to 18 targets with missiles aka 18 confirmed kills every time it was used), thankfully the Nosferatu couldn't be used in multiplayer) though I do agree the F/A-22 is by far the best plane in all of the games that featured it. It was a long grind to unlocking it though I was always partial to my F-16 (damn you Zero for my obsession with that plane). I always used the F/A-22 until I unlocked the super/experimental plane for the title, then it took a back seat to that plane until I got bored of it and went back to the F/A-22. The X-02 Wyvern will always remain my favorite plane out of any Ace title though, it's like a F/A-22 on crack http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/X-02_Wyvern

I always used the F-14 to grind because the XLAA were a poor man's XMAA. XD It was worth the small set back in cash. Ace Combat 6 was the first online multiplayer game I ever played on console. I totally wrecked some guy with my F/A-22, I guess he was using the F16 starter plane. He sent me a few messages calling me a cheater for using the F/A-22 and used a bunch of homophobic slurs and he was gonna kick my ass. XD.... I'm like, how about go beat the campaign before playing MP?

I think the game is pretty much done, and like Red Dead 2, they're jumping out of the overpopulated and yet unknown holiday season. I've speculated with a few people that this E3 is going to be huge. If you look at the list of official games and rumored games, its very thin. So E3 will either be extremely lackluster, or full of amazingly well kept secrets. I want to say the latter, because Destiny 2 and now Far Cry 5 have announced weeks before the event. Clearly there is some concern of being overshadowed.

I'll be impressed if there are a ton of surprises this year given the state of leaks thats become an industry standard. Its pretty hard to keep a tight lid on things anymore.

Out of all the major franchise games the Ace Combat series has always launched extremely polished, this is the first time one has ever been delayed though. Meh, I've been waiting for years since 6 was released so I can wait a little longer for this.

I'm not expecting anything from E3 this year. With more and more publishers pulling out of it in favor of their own conferences E3 has pretty much turned into a joke where the lackluster stay because they have no where else to go. Honestly about the only major things you're going to see is whatever 343 has in store (not a new Halo but something else), D2 coverage, CoD WWII coverage, and maybe a few surprises/last minute reveals.

Must....have.....now......! I don't think I can wait until 2018 now. Why Bandai Namco, why do you do this to me? Don't tease me like this. I've waited 10 years for another Strangereal Ace title and now you tease me, gah!

I wonder what happened between Osea and Usea because at the end of 5 they were allies if I remember correctly. Kind of conflicted about fighting against Osea since you save their asses in 5. I also love the call signs they give the player character. Trigger sounds nice (not as cool as Cipher (0), Mobius 1 (4), Blaze (5), or Talisman (6)).

Not to mention this is the most beautiful looking Ace Combat yet. I'm conflicted on the delay. I want to play this now, but my wallet says no with GW2's new expac coming in the thick of the holiday season. I already know I'm going to get the Ultimate Edition of that, as its the only game I can trust to get the highest tier package anymore. Super Mario Odyssey is a must for me. Then I'm hoping God of War comes out this year since Red Dead and AC7 come out next... I just hope its not one of those March triple release occurrences. X_x

I felt bad for the guy at the end. The XLAAs would have been a better choice... but all he had access too was LAAM. Shit. You really need multi-targeting to take out all that firepower Arsenal Bird has. I'm sure he died after 93% damage.

But damn is this game beautiful.

It doesn't look any worse than the the Aigaion fight from AC6 or the fight with Pasternak and the Nosferatu from the same game (in fact I'd put the Pasternak fight as harder then that (and I've beaten it on Ace of Aces which is fucking rough)). Honestly he could of easily completed that if he'd used both normal and special weapons (though XMAA's or XLAA's would of been a better choice), maybe occasional use of the minigun. Then again I don't know the difficulty this was being played at (and not everyone is as good as I am at Ace games (it's the one thing I can brag about so let me have this one)).

Looks damn good though. Waiting until next year is going to be rough X.x

I'm of above average skill on AC as well, but If I don't have to not use XLAAs, I won't pass on them. XD I mean I could probably take it down no problem with the A-10 if I really wanted too. doesn't mean I'm going to. I'll leave that to the YT masochists.

The only mission I remember being super frustrating to me was the one with the asshat in the MiG, and there was a time limit. I basically had to kill his ass with the mini gun because he could evade all my missiles until time ran out. After that though I was able to strafe his ass instantly. I forgot which game that was.

Oh and so far, I'm happy I don't see any dog fighting mode. Good riddance.

I'm one of the masochists, I've done a complete play through of just using the mini gun on AC4 (it was fun and glorious, actually made the game somewhat difficult). On a normal difficulty play through I tend not to use XL's or XM's but that doesn't mean I don't spam the shit out of them on Hard and above.

I hope it stays that way. If dog fighting mode is put into this I will riot, such a fucking waste of code and time to develop it.

It really ruined Assault Horizon for me. I enjoyed the variety they had in what I played like the chopper mission, but dog fighting mode was such a shit mechanic, I got bored half way through and never finished the game.