DeathscytheX

Mechwarrior 5

http://kotaku.com/surprise-mechwarrior-5-is-coming-1789666696

A single player mechwarrior game?!?!?! awwwwwww yeeeeaaaaaaahhh!!! I haven't played a MW game since Ghost Bear Legacy. I was like 12-13 at the time and the family PC couldnt handle MW3, by the time I got my own PC MW games were a thing of the past. lol

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I only hope its good otherwise my friend will slaughter the developers after the pathetic excuse of a game MW Online was (he was a founder and everything, really pissed him off when the game came out like it did. He's probably the biggest MW nerd and fan I've ever met). I never really got into them since I never had a computer when they came out and the only one I played (MW2) didn't wow me enough to even consider playing any of the other titles.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I loved customizing my load outs and armor in MW2. I vaguely remember it in great detail, I just remember the limitations you had, and the balance you had to keep... you could go overboard and have a huge laser salvo, but it would leave you overheated and vulnerable for a long time. XD The graphics weren't great, and I remember the vast majority of my battles being won at super long range because I had loadouts consisting of gauss cannons and long range lasers. I only did it because the AI did it to me... but that was most likely because I was running the graphics on lowest settings so I couldn't see the enemies from very far. Most all the maps were super open with only some bad polygonal mountains as cover... very few maps had buildings to fight in, but I did love the arena map. The Hellbringer, Marauder, and Dire Wolf were my favorite models I customized. 

You could make a shit loadout and lose, overheat, and blow up... and learn from it. Sadly in this day in age it will probably get watered down like Diablo 3 ditching D2's skill tree. I miss the days of tinkering with minute numbers. Hell even the Baulder's Gate/Champions of Norrath games on PS2 had that level of customization... a damn console dungeon crawler. I wish it would make a comeback... hell its not like people don't go to guides for everything anyways. It would just give YTers more content to upload.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:19 PM, DeathscytheX said:

Sadly in this day in age it will probably get watered down like Diablo 3 ditching D2's skill tree.

So pretty much like what AC4 did to the AC series. The amount of customization in 4 compared to 3 was atrocious (though 4 did make up for it in other ways, like taking out the heat mechanic that crippled my energy mech). 5 barely had any customization outside of weapon types but your mechs were all pretty limited (which was retarded, we went from having mechs that could fly in AC4 to completely grounded mechs in five that could barely jump).

The early footage looks good, I might actually look into getting it if it keeps on looking like that. I'll have to see if my friend has heard about this and seen the footage, his opinion will probably be my deciding factor on whether I do get it or not when it does eventually come out.

Wow, thats sad. I forgot what the last AC game I played was, but it was a long time ago. I do remember making a bunch of different builds that just didnt work for missions I had to fight 1v1s

I was telling Sledge the other day, I remember in Diablo 2 when I had a barbarian speced completely around the whirlwind skill. I was unstoppable once I had my max slots belt where i could keep the mana potions going while I endlessly spun with dual axes. It was such a cheese build, but it worked for 99% of the game. Then when it came time to fight Diablo, that part before you get to him when you open the seals... I opened all 7 of them thinking I could just mow them all down. Me and a friend died instantly and he was super pissed because all our gear was laying in the middle of all of that XD We managed to get it and make it through some how though in the end. I remember having absurd amounts of strength but no points towards intelligence outside the natural 1 point per level all specs got. XD

Oh god D2, the years I lost to that game (most of high school in fact). Whirlwind Barbs were nuts. A friend of mine had one fully decked out in all the best gear, made Baal runs so much faster with him around. I always had a soft spot for Sorcs and Necros, playing both a Lightning Sorc (chain spec) and Bone Nec (so op it's not even funny, nothing in the game is immune to his magic because it's not elemental based. Made Hell Baal runs so easy it wasn't even funny). God what I wouldn't give for another game like D2 to come out (Torchlight 2 is close but it doesn't have enough classes and it's talent trees aren't as indepth) or an HD remake to come out (hint hint Blizz, you'll make a shit ton of cash if you did an HD remake).

Don't get me wrong AC4 still had a lot of customization but it dumbed down a lot of what made the other titles so much more in depth. Shit once you figured out the ultimate weapon combo you could literally make the game your bitch (unlike AC3 where there was no ultimate combo, everything you did ended up screwing you one way or another in that game. In fact I still haven't beaten it to this day because of that). That combination is shoulder mounted Grenade Launchers and hand carried grenade launchers. They've got insane damage ratings and you don't even need to get direct hits, most enemies will die just from splash damage. My friend came across the combo and it pretty much broke the game when it came to difficulty (I'm only missing 3 achievements because the layout doesn't work for two missions to get S rankings which sucks, tried making a full laser mech but I couldn't get it to work correctly because I kept running out of energy and loosing my primal armor (and thats with the best generator in the game)). The most broken thing about the mech is it never runs out of energy so you can fly indefinitely and never loose your primal armor (the only way to run it out of energy is to overboost and it takes 3 minutes at overboost to drain it completely). AC5 on the other hand put to much emphasis on team play since it was the first co-op title out there so they dumbed the customization down a lot and pretty much killed the game for me (I hear AC5: Verdict Day fixed a lot of the problems but I never did buy it because I was so disappointed with 5).

It was AC3 I last played. I remember getting to a certain mission where I had to 2v1 enemy armors and kept getting my ass handed to me. It was something like that, because I remember my suit being too fucked to take down the second one when I  killed one of them. I rage quitted and never played it again. XD