DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 7 Discussion (Spoilers)

That was brutal. I didn't think they'd show that scene on TV in full. I knew he wasn't done when Abraham died, but i was shocked what they showed at first, and then bam, he caves Glenn's head in and lets him sit there suffering.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The Glenn moment caught me by surprise. I think everyone assumed two people were going to die and I thought it'd be Maggie and Glenn. Abraham will be missed but losing him from the show isn't as significant as losing Glenn. Glenn survived so many near death moments in the just the last season that there was no longer a sense of danger for him. It's the same for Daryl tho. Making Daryl be the reason for the second death might take a chunk out of the fan base that keeps giving his character immunity from death. That Glenn scene was so damn visual.. by fully showing the aftermath of that first hit it really sinks in how brutal Negan is and how much worse he is than the governor.

On a side note, this probably makes me a horrible person but I kinda chuckled a bit at seeing Glenn's face because it reminded me of the end scene of the original total recall movie. I suppose that reaction was a subconscious coping mechanization on my part. All I could think of was Arnold Schwarzenegger's face exploding outward while screaming.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Aside from the first episode this season has been a bit slow. The plot plays out in an almost predictable pattern. Negan is bad, does bad things.. Rick is getting brainwashed into the belief that theres nothing they can do like everyone else Negan has control over. There were some decent scenes but I never felt like I had to discuss them or listen to an entire episode of talking dead for an hour to listen to them talk about the 5 minutes per episode that was unnerving. I think the slowness issues with the first part of this season was completely related to the way they ended season 6. Because they wanted to keep rumors under control as to who died they filmed a bunch of episodes focused on characters that weren't in the Negan head bashing group. Sure some of these episodes weren't just filler, they did introduce the kingdom and some other characters that might come into play later in the series. But overall it lead to very slow start to the season. Some of the episodes after the head bashing were filmed in such a way that the characters that died didn't have their names mentioned at all or if they were mentioned it was only in a single scene so it could be changed in a voice over so on set crew might not hear the right name before the premiere aired. All of the rumor control screwed this season's pace back down to almost that of the Hershel's farm season. I'm expecting the second half to be more intense.

I read somewhere that TWD will never leave a season off on a cliffhanger like season 6 again and I bet its not because of fan backlash, but its because it screwed over their writers and crew because of potential leaks.

As for the mid season finale. I'm surprised Negan didn't kill Carl or at least maim him. I can't stand looking at Carl's hair anymore. He either needs to get it cut or get killed off at this point. XD

I could have done without the lady camp ep... it seemed out of place. I liked the rest of the season, and I'm glad they hit those "Negan Moments" from the comic dead on. I honestly don't know how much longer this show can go on. It looks like next half of the season they are building up for the attack, making them run out of comic content at an alarming rate. The guy that is spying on Alexandria isn't in the comic, that I can remember so that is something new.

negan-kills-spencer.jpg

XD I've been waiting for that scene since Spencer was introduced.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

This season dragged on a bit slow for me. I'm so glad war finally broke out. All the tension can finally be released next season. :D Sasha was suicidal when she made up her mind to use that pill. Its a shame she wasn't able to take out Negan with her. Michonne got beat the hell up, and man, I'd have been a bit pissed if she had died. But when Negan said he was going to kill Carl, I thought.. ok, at least I wont have to look at his hair anymore. XD And when it looked like Eugene was about to explode, it didn't bother me at all. lol. His character turned Negan-cran. I was really surprised that more main cast members or regulars didn't get killed in the season finale.