Sledgstone

White Rabbit Project aka Mythbusters 2 (Netflix series)

8 posts in this topic

netflikwhiterabbit.jpg

Netflix is making the equivilant of Mythbusters 2. :D Yay. I've been needing a mythbusters fix and I'm glad these 3 are coming back to entertain us.

Byron, Belleci and Imahara will be using their scientific sleuth skills honed on Mythbusters for White Rabbit Project. In the Netflix series, the three head down the rabbit hole to investigate weird and wonderful events from pop culture, science and history. Under their microscope are topics as diverse as jailbreaks, superpower technology, heists and crazy world war two weapons. In each episode the hosts immerse themselves in experiments, builds and tests as they sleuth the truth behind these and other well googled themes. Beyond Productions’ John Luscombe, Ryan Senter and Martyn Ives will serve as executive producers.

Source: Deadline

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

The name of the show is pretty bad, but it looks exactly like the old mythbusters episodes. I'll binge watch the entire series that weekend. :D

I watched all the episodes and I enjoyed it a lot. But if you go into this thinking its going to be Mythbusters 2.0, you'll be sorely disappointed. Each episode takes a topic, uses 6 different scenarios, and ranks them first to last based on 3 criteria set at the beginning of the show. Its hard to tell if the show lacked funding or just used its budget poorly. Only half the episodes have experiments, and very few have more than one big experiment recreating one of the scenarios. One of them was very expensive topping $120k (totally worth it though), but on other episodes they're driving expensive cars that probably were ungodly to rent. The other half they just talk to experts and go over the historical background of the situation.

If they do a second season, I hope they up the budget a bit more. The experiments they did were really fascinating.... especially since they were historical recreations that seemed unfeasible for their time.

dvabanner.png

I watched through episode 5. I'm a bit sad that it isn't a true mythbusters successor but its still interesting regardless. I wasn't expecting the show to be more documentary based after the first episode was more of a mythbusters style. After a couple episodes of no experiments happening I started watching the show in the background while playing a game. I hyped myself up to much to see explosions. :crap: Its still an interesting show but it feels like the show doesn't take advantage of what their hosts are actually capable of. Sure they're TV personalities and they can host just about any show easily, but knowing what these three can also do, the show feels like it's holding them back to much.

I finished the series earlier this week and it got much better. I loved seeing their builds come together and work. The gas at the shooting range was funny but the arm flailing at dinner was the best. XD

My favorite builds were the hoverboard and hot air balloon. Grant was in tears when he finally got it to work, he put in so many hours on it and changed it up so much til it finally flew.

dvabanner.png