Sledgstone

PlayStation Plus price increase

13 posts in this topic

DX mentioned this to me earlier today. In one month the price will increase for PS+ by $10 per year. Not a huge increase, but it'll now be $59.99 starting September 22 2016:

Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change to $59.99 USD/ $69.99 CAD for twelve months and $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD for three months. The monthly plan will change to $11.99 CAD in Canada, and remain $9.99 USD in the U.S. If you are a current member, the new prices will take effect if your membership renews on or after this date.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

On a side note, I ordered a year's subscription from this site for $37.99 on sale:

http://www.saugagamers.com/product/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-card-digital-delivery

$42.99 - $5.00 using promo code THANKYOU.

I found the deal on slickdeals:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8965647-playstation-plus-12-months-37-99-digital-delivery

I haven't gotten my code emailed to me yet, but the company updated their front page a few hours ago saying it could take a couple days for them to send out the codes because they're getting so many orders in. With the price increase I doubt it'll get much cheaper than this since even last black friday it was only on sale for $39.99.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

I'm really surprised thats not a feature. One feature I'd like is to change the menu's background wallpaper image like I could on the PS3 instead of buying some crap theme from PSN. I found out that custom backgrounds were blocked because of people using it as an exploit to mod the PS3 to play illegally downloaded games. The PS4 has been out for almost 3 years now and I'm still using a free Hobbit theme because the PSN store has some of the crappiest themes I've ever seen. Even the PS3 had better themes in the first year.

The BF1 dynamic theme is probably the best one PS4 has. I can't find a video of it though. I've been using it ever since I preordered it.

dvabanner.png

Heh, I've been using the Rainbow 6 Siege Dynamic theme ever since I bought a few months back.

Meh, I figured it was only a matter of time before they hiked the price up (much like how Microsoft did it back in the 360 days). My sub isn't up until March so I really don't care if I have to pay $60 or not for it so I won't be buying those discounted cards (mine's set up for auto-renew so I don't have to worry about it). I'd also like the ability to change my name for $10 (though I probably never would, I never changed my XBox Live account's name (mostly because the one I want is too long) since I made it all those years ago).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Thats a decent theme, but I don't know if its worth $16 tho. I say that because I can pre-order the physical game from amazon and with my prime membership (yep, I liked the free trial and kept the membership. going to try it out for a year.) and I can save 20% at checkout and that knocks $16 off the price.

I got my PS+ code emailed to me last night from that discount site I ordered from. I redeemed it this morning with no problems. My PS plus membership doesn't expire until January 2018 now. :D

Wait.. the pre-order for PSN offers more or different bonuses than pre-ordering from Amazon or gamestop? damn pre-order incentives. x_x Now that a premium version has been announced, if Amazon sells that with the 20% off extra for prime, I'll get it from them regardless just to save $30+. I know I'll buy premium and get every benefit out of it.

I just looked and its true. They're actually selling a standalone collectors edition with all the stuff except the game for $129.99. I guess its so people can pre-order the game somewhere else but still buy all the fancy stuff. Theres other versions with the game for $60 more, but I wonder how many people will not notice the text saying "game not included" and buy that collectors edition and then complain that they got ripped off.

The only difference between PSN and GS's versions of the Early Adopters pack is the theme and that's it, everything else is the same (as it is with every digital pre-order, they usually always come with a theme when you pre-order this way (look at Destiny, HoW came with a premium theme if you pre-ordered it as does RoI). Lately GS hasn't been offering anything special with they're pre-orders like they used to).

I really should pre-order BF1 soon, I really want that 3 day early access since it falls directly on my birthday that way.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I'm going to wait to pre-order until the beta. I don't pre-order games anymore, but I know I will for this game. But if I pre-order after or during the beta, maybe others will too and it'll encourage EA to keep making games impressive in their betas.