Sledgstone

Metal Gear Survive Official Trailer

Pass. I can already see this game has no direction, it's just loosely based in the universe because of some opening cutscene. Then it goes into some L4D-Resident Evil hybrid double knock off. They threw this together just to make money off the MGS name. They'll juice it til it dies so they can claim people have lost interest in AAA games and justify their whole shift to mobile gaming.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Really Konami, this is what you do with Kojima's baby after he leaves the company? Wow, I've never been the biggest MGS fan around but even I can tell this is a slight on the game series. What the hell is with developers these days and their damn survival games? Honestly, a few games do well with the genre and now everyone just thinks they can do the same.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

This game is just a money grab. All the models in the game already existed except for the zombies and the engine is extremely flexible. This probably took them 6 months to develop, has no plot and probably no voice acting. Watch the game be more of a rip off of Evolve and they'll have a giant crystal zombie looking metal gear monster as an enemy. It wouldn't be a metal gear game without a giant mech in it. I bet thats what the huge thing was that everyone was startled by at the end of the trailer. If they really wanted to spit on Kojima's legacy they'll have a pachinko mini game as an easter egg in this game. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I pulled this from a facebook headline

Series fans expressed concerns the action-heavy scenes mean a departure from the game's stealth roots, news outlets reported. Robert Allan Peer of Konami USA asked fans to keep an open mind.

LOL what an arrogant twat. Telling fans of a series they're wrong to be concerned about the upcoming shitfest this game will be. Some of these developers have a lot of nerve these days like COD dismissing how disliked their decision to keep going into he future was. Its like they just expect you to buy the garbage they put out regardless.

Everyone kept an open mind and gave BF1 the benefit of the doubt.. and they delivered with the same base game mechanics in a new era with amazing gameplay that lives up the predecessors of the series before it. But Metal Gear survive changes the entire premise of the series and delivers a game that has nothing to with any of the previous games except for killing things with guns. Seeing as they've made a Metal Gear Pachinko and now we have Metal Gear Survive, I bet they'll branch it out to every genre now. Soon we'll get a Metal Gear Go-kart, Metal Gear Go, Metal Gear Dating Sim, Metal GearCraft, etc.

14 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

Soon we'll get a Metal Gear Go-kart, Metal Gear Go, Metal Gear Dating Sim, Metal GearCraft, etc.

Based on those

1. Metal Gear Go-Kart: Everyone fears Liquid Snake's Death Stare.
  2. Metal Gear Go: You caught a Psycho Mantis.... Prepare for it to reveal your Web Browser History....
  3. Metal Gear Dating Sim: Because Otacon needs a love interest that won't be killed off.
  4. Metal GearCraft: Is that Minecraft or Warcraft?

Based On these

1. Harvest Metal Gear: Snake(s) in a Cornfield.
  2. Over Metal Gear: Micro Transactions that just give you stuff you already have.
  3. Fallout Metal Gear: Because Tunnel Snakes Rule!
  4. Duke Metal Gear: Pachinko Balls Of Steel....
  5. Demon's Metal Gear: Because something has to happen before Dark Metal Gear & the PS4 exclusive, Blood Metal Gear.
  6. God Of Metal Gear: You play Solid Snake out to kill Big Boss & destroy the world in the process!
  7. Gears Of Metal Gear: The commercials with the sad music will at least be interesting.
  8. Twisted Metal Gear: You wish for another Metal Gear? Your wish is granted!
  9. Splat Metal Gear: You're in stealth now! You need health now! You're in stealth! You need health! You're in stealth! You need health!

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

3 hours ago, Myk JL said:

1. Metal GearCraft: Is that Minecraft or Warcraft?

I was thinking starcraft so it'd be a futuristic RTS game with humans versus the crystal zombies. But that could easily apply to being warcraft and have the game set during snake eater years when snake had to forage in the woods. And if it was minecraft style all those crystal zombies would explode if they got to close. XD

23 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

Well, it was mostly the upper management that kept an open mind... DICE met consumer demand. People wanted to go back to past eras. Nobody asked for the bullshit Konami is trying to sell. XD

Which is honestly the biggest surprise, I'd of never thought EA would green light a WWI game (hell I didn't have to high of hopes for getting a WWII game). EA might be one of the worst publishers ever but it seems they've really started to take a turn for the better with this decision (though the jury is still out of the whole Titanfall release date debacle).

Konami has been making a lot of bad decisions over the last few years (the biggest one is letting Kojima walk) so honestly this whole change in the way they view Metal Gear doesn't surprise me one bit but that guy telling everyone to keep an open mind is an arrogant twat. Does he not know how to, if I may take the words of Elliot and Ricky from ETC, shut the fuck up? Him saying that is going to set the fans alight and the frenzy will begin.

On the other note I'd definitely play a Twisted Metal Gear or Gears of Metal Gear game, I think they'd be fun and interesting concepts (though I'd only play the Twisted Metal one if we got to pilot the actual Metal Gears). An RTS Metal Gear wouldn't be that fun imo, there's too much talking and the plot is so convoluted it wouldn't make any damn sense.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Ah the car combat genre. Something that will always be stuck in the PS1 era during its golden age. I loved TM:B, and the semi Reboot, but its def past its prime sadly. Sadly David Jaffe and Sony are on bad terms last I heard, and we'll never see another Twisted Metal as much as I'd love to.

But back to the subject. Yes, Konami fucked up royally with Kojima. Like they were having to pay anyone else noteworthy? Kojima made bank for them, and was their biggest and only draw for the past decade. And maybe that was the issue at hand. He wasn't churning out yearly titles... because the man doesn't make shit half assed products.

EA has come a long way, and Activision has replaced them as the worse publisher out there. Besides the Titanfall release date, they've been doing a lot better. They took it seriously when they were nominated as worst company ever a few years in a row. We're getting Battlefield 1, and a slew of promising Star Wars titles in the coming years. Its not secret that Battlefront was a promotional project and not a serious release. I really look forward to what they have to offer in the future.

Meanwhile Activision butchered Destiny, and created a mass exodus from Bungie. I saw another dev left a few weeks ago. Thats like the 4th or 5th in the last year.

When asked about Metal Gear Survive at a 2016 TGS stage event, Kojima replied, “I know absolutely nothing about it,” Kojima said. “That’s because it’s totally unrelated to me, right? Um, how should I put this? Well, for me, Metal [Gear] is espionage with political fiction. Right? So, because of that, there’s no reason that zombies would show up.”

http://trib.al/SUZN7Vp

XD burn.