Featuring the trials and tribulations of Saitama, a guy who just wants to be a hero for fun, he is cursed by being able to defeat any enemy with simply one punch.

One Punch Man starts airing on Toonami from July 16thFeaturing the trials and tribulations of Saitama, a guy who just wants to be a hero for fun, he is cursed by being able to defeat any enemy with simply one punch. One Punch Man starts airing on Toonami from July 16th

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/07/08/one-punch-man-starts-airing-on-toonami-next-weekend/#5055b5661756

I'm setting this to DVR. I do not want to miss a single episode. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I want to watch it, but I don't see how people can say it's the most amazing thing they've ever seen. It's a parody, and he always wins with 1 punch. Seems like it would get boring after a while since he's so bored with it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I've read around 8 random chapters of OPM and it reminds me of classic cartoons like voltron or Thundercats in the sense that you know those hero's will never lose, except in OPM he already knows it. From what I've read it's pretty funny tho. So many characters get giant intros and all this character depth as if everyone is Hercule from dbz but it actually incredibly strong.. and then OPM simply punches the guy and wins. If not for his cyborg friend and everyone else battling each other and the masses of 'mysterious beings' aka different ranked monsters that keep attacking mankind, it would get boring pretty quick.

About half a year later I finally watched One Punch Man and loved it. The biggest draw of this series is the secondary characters. Their fights are amazing and easily on par with every other action series out there like dragon ball z, Naruto, bleach, etc. All the hero's are bunched up into categories based on their strength and they are assigned to fight monsters or bad guys appropriate for their levels. There is usually multiple battles going on simultaneously and even tho Saitama aka one punch man can defeat any enemy he can't be everywhere at once. It really lets the other hero's shine. And some hero's are small fry that just help the average person evacuate or stop a burglary. This show really covers alot of ground while having thoughtful and emotional moments. The only odd person out is Saitama because of how powerful he is. He's actually depressed most of the time and even lets himself get beat on for a while just to make a fight last longer. 

Genos and the other "S Class" level hero's are the equivalent of ultimate powers like sayians from dbz. None of them are powerful enough to destroy planets or anything like that but Saitama might be. It really is an amazing series and i highly recommend it even if Netflix still only has the subtitled version.

Just a slight spoiler.. the final ep has a massive battle like its right out of dbz.