Myk JL

Resident Evil VII (Beginning Hour)

It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game. But its way better than Resident Evil 4. I think the only reason to why I played the demo was because I've permanently missed out on the PT hype.

My dislikes for it however are

1. It basically has the same ending that can happen in different rooms.
  2. You can't follow the other guy.
  3. Dummy Finger has no purpose.
  4. the idea of Ghosts being a part Resident Evil.
Spoiler

Beyond that I think you're playing as 2 different guys in the beginning hour as I doubt the cameraman from the video survived long enough to end up back on the first floor.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I haven't tried it, but I know that the demo wont be related to the actual game at all. Thats what was said at least. I think they just wanted to give a taste of the game play style which will probably remain the same.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I forgot to play the demo I downloaded a month and a half ago. I'll play it this week. The first trailer has a scene that looks like the exact same hallway from the P.T. demo. With all the hiding this game looks more like a Silent Hills game than a Resident Evil game.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I played this demo sometime in september, but it was so short I thought I missed something. I tried it again and I got the same ending in two different rooms. I read the demo has been getting updated to add more things every couple weeks or so, but I don't see myself redownloading it just to see what we can do with a finger at this point when I can just watch a youtube video about it. I don't know why this game is called Resident Evil when it doesn't have anything to do with the t-virus or any of the existing characters from the series and it doesn't look like there will be any combat in it either. It feels more like a copy of P.T. but not as scary.

The final update to the demo added a lot behind that green gunk door.

There is also a monster I don't know how to kill.

Makes me miss when the demo played similar to Monkey Island.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

5 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

Interesting. I haven't tried the demo again since late september. Did the demo get any weapons in it?

There was always an axe that would be inside the locked drawer.

In order to get it you had to play the video tape where you would find the lock pick on the floor through the space behind the microwave near the fridge. The drawer you would unlock would appear empty. But once you stop playing the video and go back to that drawer it would be unlocked with the axe in it.

In the update now you no longer have to play the video to get the lock pick. You can easily spot it to your left once you have access to the basement. There is a lot of handgun ammo but I haven't found a handgun.

Also in the 1st update the finger connects to a hand you find in the attic. To get to the attic you pull the handle in the chimney that unlocks  the hidden door. You should find in there a fuse that says stairs as long as you haven't played (or finished) the video. The hand will be hidden underneath a bunch of TVs with a message nearby.

I don't know if the telephone has anymore use. In the First demo there was a couple of different messages. In the first update there was only one for when you picked up a key in the attic.

Ah.. I did get into the attic on my second playthrough, found a phone, heard a message and got killed. With the way they kept updating the demo, it made it feel more like P.T.'s endless loop of playing the same rooms over and over again with small changes. I'll watch a youtube video of the highlights at some point to see the changes so I don't have to download it again.

After spoiling the good ending for myself it wasn't worth downloading again.

1. The dummy hand, finger, and book you find are all worthless from what I've seen.
  2. The monster can't be killed even if you can cut off an arm. The monster can also infect you so using the axe is a bad idea.
  3. Where and how you find the handgun is pretty lame. I should've been able to get it without going through with a pointless extra step to get it. Even then the handgun is intended to push back the monster instead of killing it.
  4. This might not count but I think each carton of bullets is technically 1 bullet as they count the cartons instead of the bullets.
  5. The good ending is nothing more than a white screen followed by text stating that you escaped.

I was somewhat sold on buying RE7 until I saw the good ending.