DeathscytheX

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

There is no way I would buy all of them. Maybe Wolf Link was too much if that won't work for Nintendo Switch.

I would however consider getting

Breath of the Wild Horse Rider Link:

Drops a unique horse saddle and food, plus the chance for high-end weapons.

Super Smash Bros Link:

The first time you scan it you get Epona, Link’s horse from Ocarina of Time. On subsequent scans you’ll get a selection of food items and a chest that’ll either contain a piece of Twilight Princess Link’s costume (as seen in the video above) or a random piece of weaponry.

Because I like unique animals.

*Edit*

Oops, I didn't notice the word saddle in their the first time I read it.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I did my second dungeon tonight. The entrance wasn't as amazing as the first one, but the dungeon puzzle was crazier. I've learned that a lot of enemies and bosses do have some weaknesses. I happened to have the right weapon set for the dungeon boss this time and made short work of him.

I also got a fast horse, but it died immediately when guardians chased after me. -_-; I thought registering them at the stable would prevent this, but apparently not. That horse was an ass to break in, so I guess I'll just stick with my slow horses. 

I haven't even mentioned how great the story is in this game. The voice acting is superb too. I was kinda thrown off about characters actually talking when I first saw the trailer, but then I saw that Skyward Sword had voice actors too. I find this interesting... because to keep Link silent they only voice cut scenes and minor parts, otherwise its the usual chat box. Its a shame because the voicing is really good, but I guess it would be awkward for link just to stand there quietly. XD

I also forgot to mention about enemy respawns. Once you kill a camp or any monster they don't come back, until Gannon resurrects them every few nights (in the game's day/night cycle) across all of Hyrule. Its called the blood moon and you'll be given a small cut scene for it when it happens. Even if you stay at an inn or fast forward time at a camp fire. I've probably only seen it 4-5 times in the last 3 days of hardcore marathoning. If you're about to go into some open world questing, and its night, try to fast forward to day somehow if its not too out of the way. I've had it happen when I killed a super annoying monster, and another time when I killed 3 monsters that could one shot me. It was pretty disheartening not only because I beat them without dying, but  because it was just more added wear on my weapons.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

My progress as far as story goes came to a complete halt two days ago. I've discovered Fairies, and that they upgrade your armor defense in return for somewhat random monster parts. I've also acquired various sets of armor for different temperatures. So now my time is being dedicated to upping the defense rating on these. I've been playing this game with basically no armor. While I've become good enough to do that. I just don't want to. XD I'm not that asshole that uploads videos of myself beating some boss with 3 hearts and the weakest armor in the game. Tomorrow is my last day of vacation and as I figured I'm no where near being done. I may be half way done with the main quest to defeat Gannon, but I have other main quests to do plus side quests, and hidden shrine quests.

Now that I have 5 stamina upgrades and the entire map unlocked, Horses have become as useless as cars in Saints Row 4. If I want to get some where I'll just teleport to a tower and glide to where i want to go. Sadly horses just aren't worth the trouble, except for in Hyrule Field where the land is pretty flat. Horses clip on the environment and freak out. They've gotten me killed when they snag a rock and come to a complete stop while we're being chased. Going the long way around to get up mountainous terrain is slower than just climbing up (if you've got the stamina).

Death Mountain is a rupee farm. There is ore spread out throughout the game that you can bomb or smash with a hammer to get precious gems that sell for a lot. You can make jewelry out of them, bu they take place of your armor parts for stat bonuses you can just get with the right set. I guess this is to let you mix and match a little, but I rather have the rupees to feed my arrow addiction. I wipe out every shop I come across, and bomb arrows can cost more than 1000 rupees to buy in bulk. On Death Mountain ore nodes are everywhere, and they respawn in the same locations, so once you learn where they are you can make an easy 5-8000 rupees in a good 40-50 minutes. I save my frost bladed weapons for there because they one shot everything except for the big Stone Talus bosses, that are totally worth breaking weapons for since they drop tons of gems.

I've also learned of some special vendors, but that's spoilerific and I wont go into details.

I beat this game tonight. It was outstanding through and through. I didn't complete all the shrines, because some of them required racing and time limits to access. screw that. You can only have 30 hearts. I got 23 of them. They weren't required for the full ending and my armor was good enough to withstand some brutal attacks. Getting the rest of the armor sets and maxing them out started getting too grindy for me so I felt it was time to end my journey.

The 4 dungeons were really good, although the first one's entrance sequence was by far the best. the 3rd and 4th were really good too... the 2nd one I did lacked. You don't have to do them in any particular order, but I'm glad I did them in the order I chose. After getting awesome gear, the bosses were a little too easy to where I could kill them in 3 stuns or less. The final boss fight was much more impressive and satisfying. I have no idea how people can beat it without doing the dungeons. Each dungeon gives you a special ability that can be used a number of times (1-3 depending on the ability) before they have a long LOOOONG cooldown. I'd say 30-45 minutes for 3 of them and maybe 15 minutes for one that's not as powerfully useful during a fight. 3 of these serve as a special way to CC the boss during a stage where he can't be harmed due to making himself hardened or something like that. These break him out of that so you can damage him. The other way relies on parrying which is terrible in this game. Parrying is something I just couldn't get use to in BoTW because the timing for the attacks are wonky, and for giant enemies you can't really see the whole attack animation because of the camera.

BoTW is a great direction for the series that has relied on the same tropes for years. I would like to see more than 4 dungeons in the next game however. While the shrines were my favorite part, blocking some of them off with frustrating mechanics was meh. Blowing up a wall to find one is one thing, but having to race, pick up rupees within a time limit, etc seemed not to fit in a game that allowed so much freedom else where... I mean there were 4 shrines stuck in the middle of labyrinths that you could just climb to the top and run along until you dropped down.. skipping the whole thing. 

My Top 5 Zelda games now?

1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Ocarina of Time
  3. Twilight Princess
  4. Link to the Past
  5. Wind Waker

13 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

My Top 5 Zelda games now?

1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Ocarina of Time
  3. Twilight Princess
  4. Link to the Past
  5. Wind Waker

I haven't played Breath Of The Wild yet.... But I expect it to either be my 3rd or 4th favorite. My current top 3 being.

1. Twilight Princess - Could transform into a wolf.
  2. Majora's Mask - Could transform into a Deku Scrub, Goron, Zora, & Deity.
  3. Ocarina Of Time - Introduced Epona.

*Edit*

Most likely 5th after Skyward Sword (which I haven't played) because....

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I liked the fact that I didn't have to remember more than 6 things on the remote control to be able to play the game. With PS games, it gets pretty complicated because the game mechanics gives you room for so many options with L or R or this or that combos. To me, more options is more frustration. I can't focus on the game without putting all my attention to what buttons I'm pressing. I liked the days where there were 4 buttons on a remote and that's it. 

I like the flow of the game, some parts were a challenge for sure. Haven't finished playing it at all ... 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I bought both BOTW & Skyward Sword on the same day I bought my Switch OLED. This is how'd I rank them (so far) on which Zelda Game I'd more likely complete first if they all had physical copies for the Switch.

1. Twilight Princess, because I like transforming into a Wolf.
  2. Majora's Mask, because I like transforming into a Deku Scrub, Goron, Zora, & Fierce Deity Link.
  3. Ocarina of Time, because I like the time travel mechanic.
  4. BOTW is hard to play in handheld mode when it comes to motion control shrines. Amiibos might as well be considered proto-NFTs. Would've been my 3rd favorite, but motion controls suck.
  5. Skyward Sword is hard to play because the right thumb stick stops working when I turn off motion controls.

Skyrim > Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess > BOTW

BOTW > Skyrim

I'm having fun doing a lot of minor things in BOTW. I've collected all 2 unique horses sometime after maxing out my Stamina. I named Zelda's horse Princess because I was too lazy to give her a better name. I named Ganondorf's horse Arushi after a Female Anthro Horse I made & erased in AI Dungeon. Arushi would later on helped me make a 100 Rupees each time she made Gourmet Roadkill.

Twilight Princess was an awesome game. I might have to pass on buying a Switch and buy whatever the next Nintendo system will be and buy all the switch games I want to play on it. I'm tempted to watch a play through of BOTW but I'm still holding off because I want to play it myself someday.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:28 PM, Myk JL said:

Amiibos might as well be considered proto-NFTs.

That's actually a good point. I always thought of them more like beanie babies with a fancier scan-able tag.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yeah don't do that. It would be incredibly boring to watch outside of shrines. There are no linear areas in this game. Its all open world. The Shrines were the most fun because of all the puzzles and the ingenious ways you could make things even easier than they were suppose to be. I don't see another Nintendo console coming out anytime soon. The current chip shortage is probably going to prolong the PS5/XBSX generation for as long as the PS3/360 was or longer. Its amazing how a year later its still hard to get them. If you can pick up an old switch on the cheap and a pro controller, thats all you need. BoTW, Mario Odyssey, Metriod Dread, Paper Mario, and Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening are all solid. Plus you have a ton of indy side scoller games to keep you busy when getting your tires changes from winter to summer. XD

Octopath Traveler is highly acclaimed but I'm not into JRPGs... apparently there are quite a few on switch.

For me BOTW is the single most greatest Zelda game of all time. The only knock was the lack of more main dungeons. The story was good, the voice acting worked well and brought something fresh to the series. It brought Zelda and the supporting cast to life while keeping Link the silent protagonist. If you like exploring and finding secrets, you'll get lost for hours on end without accomplishing any of the main story. XD  Along with the last God of War game these are my two favorite single player games of all time.

How I would rank LoZ games I play from most likely to finish to least likely to finish.

1. Twilight Princess - Finished
  2. Majora's Mask - Finished
  3. Ocarina of Time - Finished
  4. Breath Of The Wild - Haven't Finished
  5. Tears Of The Kingdom - Haven't Finished
  6. Skyward Sword - Barely Started

While I was enjoying TOTK I can't get over how I dislike Link's new home. Link's BOTW house at least had windows. Link's TOTK house should be way cooler than that. After all you get to build it. But everything is pre-built (& pre-decorated) into blocks with no windows. I was expecting to make walls, floors, & roofs that I could then put decorations into. I wanted to make a red barn for my horses. What I'm going to end up with instead is a green 5 floor weapons shed with no stairs. A practical place for Link so ugly it makes me appreciate my studio apartment.

This makes me wonder...

• Which is more irrelevant, TESIV: Oblivion or TESV: Skyrim? Because Skyrim didn't have breakable weapons, but Oblivion did.
  • How irrelevant are Saints Row (1 & 2) fans when compared to modern audiences? Because the Saints Row reboot epically failed, but it wasn't made for its previous fanbases.
  • Would Nintendo ruin its previous Zelda games by making Remakes instead of Remasters? Because a lot of Resident Evil Remakes since Resident Evil 4 have not been for me.

I'm not bothered by being considered old & irrelevant. I was considered irrelevant by Nintendo back in the N64 years when I wanted more games like Resident Evil 2. My N64 (That I trashed) should've been my last console. I didn't become a PlayStation Fan because I didn't trust myself not to damage CDs.

Then Steel Battalion happened & I bought a DVD Player called Xbox to play it on. Then Blu-Ray defeated HD-DVD & I ended up buying a Blu-Ray Player known as PS3. I only bought a PS4 because @ the time I was addicted to Elder Scrolls.

I ended up hating my PS4 because I had to buy this 1080P TV for it... Which is now the monitor to my PC. I would've bought a 4K TV if the PS4 Pro wasn't a "mid-gen refresh" or whatever they were calling it. I sold my PS4 because I had to budget cut Elder Scrolls Online once it started costing me $150 a month.

I tend to wonder would I've bought a Nintendo Switch if my last console before that was my N64? Or would I've become a PC Gamer since digital distribution has made CDs, DVDs, & Blu-Rays obsolete?

In any case, the console wars are going to become old & obsolete as handheld PCs ultimately replace them & possibly replace Smart Phones as well.