DeathscytheX

God of War

Is this a reboot or a sequel?.... Because that didn't sound like Kratos.... Plus he had a brunette beard.... And I'm wondering which one is the main character.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Most likely a sequel. The gameplay is going to be vastly different. Perhaps its in a world without gods or titans. It looks like they are going Last of Us style... but they could always pull a MGS2 on us and have the son be the main character after what is shown in the video. XD

Then again the Troll says Val Halla... so the rumors that he will take on the Norse gods may be true.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm guessing this will be a sequel. With how God of War 3 ended I'm surprised Kratos is even alive. Pretty much every Olympic god is dead so Kratos is probably pulling a Xena and won't be content until all of religion is destroyed. XD Odin is the god of war in norse mythology. For this game to still have the God of War title, Kratos will most likely kill Odin and become a god of war again. I never played Ascension and God of War 3 was just a gore fest. If this trailer showed Kratos pulling out eyeballs and disembowling every enemy I'd have lost all interest in the game. The fact that he was working with a partner, even if it was a kid, didn't go full gore mode and there was strategic looking gameplay I have hope that this will be good. But so help me god if this game follows the same bullshit of the original trilogy with final boss fights I'll never buy another God of War game again. Every game I play it on normal mode, enjoy the challenge, feel like I did great.. and then the final boss fight starts and it completely changes the entire fighting system for a single fight. After getting screwed over and over again I have to take the crappy prompt to swap down to easy difficulty to beat the game and then feel complete rage for the developers. God of War 3 final boss fight literally turned the game into a 2D fighter. -_-;

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

L2P XD The first game's last boss fight was pretty tough. The second one was pretty easy, the 3rd one's MK 2D part was pretty bullshit... but the rest of it was standard to me. As for the gore, that's was the best part of the game. XD They have to keep the running joke alive of the head crushing overkill death.

lmao! I did the same thing in those fights and the Zeus fight too. I had no idea I actually beat those fights at that time and I just kept obeying the smash button command. After 5 minutes of pounding someone's face into mashed potatoes I figured it would never end and I'd stop to finally get a cut scene. XD Those moments got me every time. XD

I watched it again, since I was semi-watching it the first time between Barbarian's Rising. Its def a sequel and not a reboot. He has all his old scars gained from previous games. I also like the small detail of the game's old Omega symbol in the form of a serpent that holds his axe.

I like the updated look of it. Has a bit of a Dark Souls / Last of Us feeling. I know Ascension was a prequel, but after GoW 3 I had no interest in playing it. I give props to Sony for actually changing the game engine, it was feeling a bit worn out to me. Theres only so many times we can turn on a GoW game, see Kratos somehow loose all his power, get new swirling blade weapons that were exactly like the previous games and then get god or godlike powers again.

The first 2 games were the best. Those blades were awesome weapons. The most memorable moment in the series for me was the Icarus fight in GoW 2.

53 minutes ago, DeathscytheX said:

They aren't pulling an MGS2... you'll be Kratos the whole game.

http://kotaku.com/the-new-god-of-war-has-a-button-dedicated-to-your-kid-1781999404

That sentence reminds me of The Park.... Right-Click To Callum.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

http://kotaku.com/the-new-god-of-war-might-finally-make-kratos-interestin-1796080869

Sony may have shown more of the new God Of War at their press conference Monday, but there’s still a lot they haven’t explained about the game. A few things are clear: Kratos is a dad, and the focus had shifted from Greek mythology to Norse myth. I sat down with the game’s director Cory Barlog today at E3 to to get a better sense of what’s in store for our angry Spartan.

“There’s so much more to adventure than just [boss fights] ,” Barlog said as he walked a group of journalists through the trailer we’d watched at Sony’s press conference. His presentation didn’t focus on monsters or killing, but rather on character and emotions.

The main sense I got as Barlog talked was that this new God of War is about moving forward. The end of the main trilogy saw Kratos’ violent rage lead to the destruction of much of his own world. The shift to a new setting also heralds a change for Kratos. He is not quite the vicious whirlwind of death that he was in previous games. Kratos is now breakable.

The presentation focused on character relationships; gone are the days of the angry Kratos who spurned aid and used random strangers as door-jams. Kratos’ bond with his son expresses itself mechanically as well as narratively. During certain combat sequences, players will actually take control of the son. In one instance, leaping off Kratos’ back and switching in order to shoot some arrows to harass enemies. As players progress, they will be able to teach the boy new abilities much like they would Kratos. The whole thing sounds like a smart way to express the father-son, master-student relationship through the game’s combat.

Kratos’s son will also interact with men and women he and his father come across in their travels. He’s a liaison for his father, who doesn’t know the language. Barlog compared the scenario to that of his own home life with his bilingual son, who has taken to teaching him Swedish.

Beyond the central relationship of Krato and his son, the game will allow players to befriend allies who will also be able to help out. One of those allies is the dwarf Sindri, who crafted the legendary hammer Mjolnir. (AKA Meow Meow.) He’s a weapons merchant, sure, but if you interact with him it’ll eventually lead to a reconciliation with his estranged brother Brokkr.

God of War will still have plenty of brutal combat and bloody executions, but the Kratos Barlog described sounded far less like the unlikable brute of past games. When asked if that was a deliberate response to those who criticize Kratos as being a one dimensional character, Barlog disagreed that the changes were quite so dramatically motivated but acknowledged the change. “Who I was and how I view the world is different now,” Barlog said. “We had initially embraced the concept that Kratos was an anti-hero. You didn’t want to root for him. But how interesting would it be to take a person who had fallen and figure out how they will pick themselves back up?”

How that will manifest in the final game remains to be seen, but it’s clear that the Kratos we knew has been left behind. This new guy may not be a hero, but he might finally become a decent person.

“He’s not going to become a paladin who is going around righting wrongs,” Barlog said. “But he does need to learn how to make [his life] not horrible.”

If you're not up to speed on your Norse mythology. The World Serpent is Loki's middle child Jormungand. Thor threw him in the ocean as a child and he became so large he could grasp his own tail, which earned him the name World Serpent. When he releases his tail Ragnarok begins. Obviously GoW has always put its creative liberties in the story. But if I had to guess Loki is the one that is speaking to Kratos in the middle of the trailer, and Jormungand is going to help you in some way fight Thor... Somehow Kratos is getting screwed either at the end or mid way and we're gonna kill them all. XD PS5 we'll move on to Egypt. XDXDXD

If it weren't for that moment where 1:07 felt 4th Wall Breaking the release date would seem weirder.

Like the next thing that should come out of that guy's mouth is "I'm sure this is normal in your video games".