This is a pretty pointless first look of the logo of the new series. The thing that caught my eye was at the end were it looks like the show will actually be on CBS and not online streaming only. Turns out thats not the case. The first episode will premiere on CBS and the rest of the season will be only available with the CBS All Access streaming package for $6 a month. It'll be completely stand alone and wont tie into the movies either. I'll probably skip this series.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Meh, I'll probably watch the first episode to see what it's like. Chances are high that I'll skip the rest of the series, I haven't really been liking where they've been taking Star Trek over the last few years (I am not a fan of the reboot). Plus I get all my Star Trek needs from STO.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Meh, not even sad I'll miss this. Female Spock rip off, and on top of that all I can see is Sasha. She wasn't a good actor in TWD, and I don't see that changing here. Too many aliens as crew... it makes zero sense timeline wise if this took place before TOS. We go from Humans and a Vulcan on Enterprise to a diverse alien crew on this series, back to humans and a vulcan on TOS.

The "I can sense death" guy already bothers me. I feel like its something that's going to be overplayed, and unlike Counselor Troy, there is no way to be vague about his abilities in a way where he could be wrong and it be believable.  The captain isn't the anchoring main character, and seems weak in this trailer... if "Sasha" is always questioning her orders, it will make the story worse.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

At least the cg looks good and there could be decent action. That woman is type cast as Sasha to me at this point tho. Like if they had the guy that played Glenn on the crew I'd never associate him as any other character at this point either.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Actually it makes perfect sense timeline wise (Dr. Phlox was not a human and was the only other alien on Enterprise during Enterprise besides T'Pol (yes I know he wasn't an official crew member but he did serve as the ships doctor)) considering that this series takes place 10 years before TOS (there were plenty of alien members of the Federation at that point, you need to remember back when TOS was filmed the series wasn't as fleshed out as it is now. Half of these alien species hadn't even been thought of yet). Plus who's to say that the Enterprise was the norm for star ship crews at this time, they never really cover what or who served on the other Federation ships at this time (using the movies as a basis is bad form considering they were also made before most of these species were thought of). Yea, giant Star Trek nerd here (also helps that I constantly look shit up due to playing Star Trek Online, which during Kirks time Tellarites were a very common part of many Federation crews (as were Andorians)).

While I'm not completely sold it doesn't look half bad. I'd actually give it a shot if I could as the premise seems interesting (not entirely sold on the Klingons though, they look fucking retarded). Luckily for me I can't typecast this person as you guys can since I'm not a fan of TWD though the captain is a hard sell for me (I've seen her in to many Martial Arts films that I can't see her as anything else other then a martial arts practitioner).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589