Sledgstone

Supergril Renewed for Season 2

1 post in this topic

CBS' Supergirl is making a big flight — to corporate sibling The CW.

Sources say the freshman drama starring Melissa Benoist has been renewed for a second season — on the younger-skewing network.

The move comes as producer Warner Bros. Television had been looking for ways to reduce costs on the series, which ranked as CBS' most expensive first-year show. Despite moving production from Los Angeles to Vancouver (where all of The CW's other DC Comics shows are filmed), CBS ultimately decided that Supergirl's ratings, even with a reduced licensing fee, did not justify a second season.

The show ranks as the No. 1 new CBS drama and fourth-best new series overall among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic (with a 2.5 rating with seven days of DVR). That's a hit by The CW standards when compared with fellow DC fare Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash, with Supergirl having already crossed over with the latter.

I'm glad the series got renewed. I've enjoyed it so far and I'm glad it's getting transferred to the CW. They'll definitely do some more crossovers now. The Flash crossover was the best episode in season 1.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-season-two-cw-892629

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg