7 posts in this topic

I'm guessing this will be a reboot of the original Mummy movie and not the Brendan Fraser mummy? But then again, that was a reboot of the Mummy franchise too. Now we'll have Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe battling some ancient mummy.

Universal shared this plot synopsis:

Thought safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen (Sofia Boutella of “Kingsman: The Secret Service” and “Star Trek Beyond”) whose destiny was unjustly taken from her, is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.

From the sweeping sands of the Middle East through hidden labyrinths under modern-day London, The Mummy brings a surprising intensity and balance of wonder and thrills in an imaginative new take that ushers in a new world of gods and monsters.

Source:
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34425/universal-unveils-the-mummy-plot

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Poor Brendon Fraser. If only Dudley Do-Right didn't fail. He could've gone on to be Tom Slick, Roger Ramjet, etcetera. Then they could've had that one movie that would've tied all these characters together in one movie starring nothing but Brendon Fraser. It probably wouldn't be as successful as The Avengers, but it would've been better than Batman Versus Superman Dawn Of Justice.

Oh well, here's hoping the next Mummy reboot is Rated R.

Well unless it ties into that crappy PG-13 Dracula movie that is or was suppose to be the start of an Avengers like Monster Movie. Then I can only hope it fails.

*Edit*

Dammit it is....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_Cinematic_Universe#Rebooted_franchise_.282014.E2.80.93present.29

Edited by Myk JL
Sledgstone likes this

Protect Title II Net Neutrality

Oh damn.. I had no idea all those old classic monster movies were being rebooted into 1 shared universe of potential cross over movies. Either that or I forgot. Van Helsing was a fun movie, I'm surprised its getting a reboot too. Dracula Untold was actually a decent movie tho. Maybe these new reboots will turn out decent.

Well, it's not really a remake of the 1999 version, so I might be interested.  I'm sorry, no one can remake the Brendon Fraiser version, he was badass in that!  XD

But, question.  Why are they playing the melody for Paint it Black?

Sledgstone likes this

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Brendon Fraiser's best movies to me were the first 2 Mummy movies and then Bedazzled. I assumed he was going to be this big action star after the Mummy franchise but then he kind of disappeared. Yeah, the music in the trailer makes no sense for what it's showing. I'm guessing the director is a Rolling Stones fan.