DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

If there isn't 2 new operations pre DLC at least, I'll feel cheated. There is no reason not to have Operations on a rotation at this point. Solo Q just puts you on a almost done match becasue the other team had rage quitters. The whole "no chance at a loot box" thing isn't incentive enough becasue of how low of a chance people feel there is of getting one. They really need to change it to per rank up, and make a weekly list. I'd suffer through a round of domination and conquest if it got me a loot box for the week.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

There has to be a progression overhaul or a new campaign story with the first DLC for me to consider buying premium at this point. I wanted to save money initially so I didn't buy it at launch but no I'm leaning much more towards not buying it at all. BF3 and BF4 premium was worth it. All those assignments, weapons, free premium skins, double xp events, new vehicles with their own progression and assignments, etc. But if all BF1 gets is some new maps with no extra assignments, etc. it'll be no better than CoD map packs.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

You need to play Domination with Sledge and I (when you can actually talk to us unlike last time), it's always a blast (quite literally sometimes and I promise you won't suffer).

I get the feeling we're only getting one Operation if even that with the French DLC. What little has been talked about only points at 2 maps (one at Verdun and another in some bunker complex (I forget the name, I caught the article on VG while I was on break today)) and of course weapons (how many who knows). I get the feeling this will be what we get to look forward to in each DLC (hopefully there's at least two more maps but I'm not holding my breath with how shit has been going with BF1. I hope we get a surprise and get 5 maps like in the BF4 DLC's but again I won't hold my breath).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

That router was overkill, but I bet your wifi signal is amazing. XD I still like Domination and I'll play that whenever I'm short on time. My older brother prefers operations but he'll swap over to domination and still have a good time. My younger brother will play any game mode. I still need to try war pigeons to see what its like.

They made that one as good as the model 10. That's why I'm surprised shotgun use has decreased.  Like I said, the only thing taken away was the backside of medium range kill potential.  The kill potential of the 10 is justified to me because of its slow rate of fire, but this one shoots twice as fast...

The Trench has always been good so I don't know why people are starting to notice it now (probably due to the patch but still). I've gotten killed by that thing just as much as I have the 10 and a lot of people in Domination actually prefer it over the 10 due to it's faster fire rate.

It got an extra pellet in the patch. So that's like 8 extra damage per shot. It doesn't seem like much, but it is if your aim is off and the enemy is already hurt. Either way they can't  nerf shotguns to be ultra close range weapons or they'll be completely useless in a game where half the maps are super open. Assault is already undesirable enough to play for many in modes where you need people to take down tanks. 

Meh, I've been putting more time into this over the last few days then I thought I would (yeah I know I said I wouldn't touch it until DLC time but I get distracted easily). After finally giving the patch enough time I have to say while I don't agree with every change I will say Domination is finally becoming fun again and you're seeing more variation in weapons with the Model 10 nerf (it might not be that significant but I've seen a massive decrease in its use over the last 3 days of playing) and the LMG buff (I'm seeing a lot more 1909 and MG15's in Domination now, it's kind of nice to see Support getting used). I pulled out the 12g tonight while I was playing because I watched Matimi0 go on a rampage with it in one of his recent videos and I have to say the gun is amazing and I think I finally found my go to Assault weapons. It's got shit range and while it can kill someone at ranges the Model 10 could hit it's very rare. It makes up for this with the ability to fire as fast as you pull the trigger and amazing power at close range (I was actually pulling off headshots left and right with it, kinda wish I would of gotten the shotgun medal this week, this of course is the Backbored version as I don't have access to the other two yet). The only other real downside with it is the need to reload constantly (5 rounds isn't exactly desirable but I've started treating it like I treated the M1014 in CoD4 and I'm getting back into my shotgun groove again). Kinda happy it's actually good as I can put that amazing Legendary skin to use. The LMG buff made the 1909 even better than it already was (the range on it is amazing now with the accuracy changes, I actually prefer running it over the BAR now) that's for sure.

I'm thinking they upped the drop rates of the more rare skins now. Since yesterday (when I got the 2 free Superior crates for being premium and 1 free normal one) I've pulled 3 Legendaries (the 1903, the Gasser, and the C96 skins (the 1903 was from a normal pack)), three puzzle pieces (two clubs (one more and I finally get the club) and a sawtooth), 4 squad xp boosts (which led to some enhanced crates), and 3 blue skins (I got the blue LT skins, the blue 1909 skin, and one other that I don't remember currently). There were numerous whites as well but that's to be expected. Either this is for the holidays or they finally heard our cries for drop rate changes. Whatever it is it's been nice getting battlepacks for once (which I've been pulling in left and right, I've had maybe 4 out of 20 matches where I didn't get a battlepack).

I think thats just a good week of RNG for you. :P I got all of the R3 legendary skins during that week from regular crates, and I haven't had a week that good since.

Its weird to me that the Model 10 usage dropped because of the unfair long shot nerf (thats what I'll call it), because honestly it only worked on someone not paying attention, someone with there back to you, someone low on hp, or someone that just sucks ass if they were facing you. For me it was merely a panic tactic that paid off only half the time... it was best used on maps like Amiens when you just blind fired into a choke point full of gas. Its base function is still the most lethal in the game.

Seeing as Overwatch gave everyone 5 loot boxes today, I really hope 2017 shooters start copying their business model the way every game in existence copied COD when they started the season pass in 2011. While Overwatch's free content is slower, that mostly has to due with Hero's being different and having a whole kit different from every other hero, and each map being designed around a mode and making sure certain heroes can't break the map. More traditional shooters could put that effort solely into maps. Titanfall 2 had their first content drop recently, so at least thats another shooter that has gone that way... although I've heard the playerbase is smaller than TF1 (Good job EA, releasing next to BF1)

I have a feeling when the DLC comes out, I'll play it for a few weeks and get bored again. While buying guns with game currency is my preferred way of acquisition ever since Black Ops 1 introduced that method, DICE could add assignments for skins similar to how the SP missions have objectives to get skins. But with how bad their loot box system is, and with how little it has to offer currently. I don't see that happening. The revision time gate is really bad, I wanted that frommer skin two weeks ago, I didn't get it, now how many weeks do I have to wait to try for it again? If the skins are ass for the week, I have even less desire to play than I did before.

Meh, could be but it felt especially good for some reason over the last few days (though it still didn't give me the Blue Devil skin for my Sweeper and I probably won't get it).

Honestly I don't know the real reason for the drop in use but I should be more specific. I've seen a drop in the Hunter versions use, I see a lot of Factory models still but even those are less then the others. I think with the full rebalance of shotguns and quite a few of them now being used do to this is the real reason for the drop in use. As I said the 12g is amazing if you know how to use it properly and the Trench Gun has always been good but was rarely used before patch. It's honestly nice to see other shotguns being used now, I don't get as pissed now when I'm killed by a shotgun anymore (unless it's a 10, I still hate that gun).

I doubt we'll see a shift in the business model. As good as Overwatch is at the end of the day it's a Hero shooter and their model doesn't exactly transfer well to actual Shooters (yes I don't consider Overwatch a FPS, while it is at the end of the day it's a Hero Arena game and always will be. What works for it won't always work for another game). While I do agree its a great model to follow EA will never go this route and I'm honestly surprised to see we got two free Superior Battlepacks as Premium members (though lets be fair we did drop $50 to be premium members so it's the least they can do besides 1 free one every month and early access to DLC) since there is honestly no profit in it for them. Honestly I doubt we'll see any real effort in the free maps we get because those are, at the end of the day, free and DICE/EA doesn't see any real reason to give us awesome maps anymore like they did with BF4 free DLC. Plus those free maps are designed mostly for Conquest and Rush with afterthoughts being placed toward the other modes (though for some reason they ignore the biggest reason this game sold so well, Operations. Giant's Shadow would be an amazing Operation map but sadly they probably won't bring it in). We'll probably get awesome maps in our paid DLC (I'm really looking forward to the Verdun map but if it's not done right I'll be pissed) but outside of that I don't see any real push to give out more free stuff. Quite frankly DICE should of stuck with the same model they did with BF4, it worked and while not everything was always great at the end of the day it made everyone happy (EA got their money, DICE got praise from the gamers, and the gamers were getting what they wanted).

If the maps are good and if the new Operation is good (if we get one) I'm sure I'll put more time into the game when the DLC hits. I don't play for battlepacks because I'm not getting anything out of it honestly (I never played for battlepacks in BF4, I played for fun). I could care less if I get anything at the end of the match because I don't play games to receive shit, if I did I wouldn't have a life as I'd be completely devoted to getting anything and everything I could (I know how bad my OCD can be which is why I don't play games with the intention of getting rewarded). This is why I don't raid in FFXIV (outside of the fact that raiding just to get a piece of code and a graphic is completely retarded) and why I never did in WoW. If, at the end of the day, I had fun and just happened to get something great but as long as I had fun I'm content. Sadly this game isn't fun to play alone and that's the real reason I don't play it much anymore. This isn't like CoD4 where playing as a team was never really an option and where playing by yourself was always a blast. This is a team based shooter and without a good team of friends it's just no fun.

With how poor IW sales are, the rumors are swirling that investors are starting to put pressure on Activision to release MWR by itself. I can see COD abandoning its season pass and focusing solely on its cryptokey system within the next two years if they are too stupid to abandon it for next years title. Sadly they'll probably keep the weapons in them. If that happens DICE probably will have a harder time convincing people that premium is worth it anymore. I watched a friend play a match on Winter Crash when I came over the other night. It looked great. I really miss the game... and I found it amusing how many people tried strafe jumping like that is going to work when every weapon kills you in 1-3 shots. (As I learned from Drift0r yesterday, the RPD has no damage drop off penalty. 2 shot cross map FTW XD). I love how they didn't nerf anything and left it be while adding modern game modes like Kill Confirmed.

I opened my 2 free superior packs and got the Sweeper Blue Devil both times. -_-; I was glad to get it once because I scrapped it in desperation of trying to get Zulu for the Henry a few weeks ago. I got an xp booster and the bludgeon puzzle piece from both and the free regular pack so I was able to buy 2 more superiors after i scrapped the crappy SMLE legendary. Seriously the desert camo pattern should be a white tier as it appears on as many guns as royal order and royal edict.. the only thing different is that they actually gave a special name to it for each different weapon. I got the legendary Bludgeon melee weapon a few weeks ago so I can scrap that piece every time now for 270... still waiting on my sawtooth to come together. I got the C36 skin as well with the last pack I opened, no luck getting the tank skin.

I wouldn't doubt it but honestly as much as I want MWR I still probably wouldn't buy it if it went seperate (mostly due to all the problems I hear it has). Honestly even if COD went that route I highly doubt DICE will mostly because of EA. Then again BF1 isn't exactly doing as great as they hoped it would with player counts dropping steadily since release (which I'm pretty sure they're back to peak numbers again with all the fresh Christmas n00bs (which is the main reason I haven't played it since early yesterday)) this might finally convince EA that Premium isn't worth it (I mean Premium tanked pretty hard with Hardline and how bad that game sucked so I thought they'd learn their lesson).

Honestly had they changed MWR in any way that affected how the game originally played IW and Activision would be in flames as we speak because that's one game even they're not stupid enough to alter. Not only was it the best COD game to come out it was one of the best shooters to ever hit the market. Yea it had problems but it did everything right. Leveling up was easy, unlocking new guns and attachments was simple and easy to understand, perks were straightforward (if not a little OP in some cases, I'm looking at you Juggernaut), and the maps were things of beauty (well not all of them but the vast majority were well thought out and well made). Not only that while some guns were OP it didn't negatively effect game play in any way as there was always a counter to every gun (even if people couldn't see it) so it pretty much balanced itself out. MW2, while a great game in its own right, tried to fuck with everything MW did right and every game since then has gone further away form the formula which is why COD is failing (I will point out that WaW is probably the second best COD game to come out, imo at least. Treyarch did well with it). They're trying to hard to stay relevant by pushing the game farther and farther away from what made MW such a great game and they're ignoring fan input (something that DICE does not do or at least didn't do until BF1).

Meh, thats the reason I don't care if I get battlepacks. Almost all of the skins are crap (even the 1903 legendary is pretty lack luster imo) and honestly we don't even get to admire the skins like CS players do theres. The only good looking skins are the Silver/Ivory ones (aka Blue quality skins) or the ones with Gold on them (or the Deluxe edition guns like LoA's SMLE, RB's P08, and what not). I still need to put on the Blue Skin I got for the LT to see if it looks good but since I rarely get to spawn in tanks I'll probably never get to see it unless someone else uses it (and if I do spawn in a tank is rarely the LT, I always go for Landship or HT).

I'd like to see the end of DLC packs and a premium pass in battlefield. In BF4 as soon as a new DLC hits the maps from the previous DLC pretty much die out while core maps are always populated. I was reading this article yesterday and it brings up a good point:

Never split the party

"We don't want to split the community," For Honor game director Damien Kieken explained at a recent presentation attended by Eurogamer. "So everything that's matchmade [including] new modes and new maps, will be given for free to the players."

That's it. Not maps, not modes, not pot leaf paint jobs for your assault rifle, but other players are the single most important piece of content for any multiplayer game.

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-multiplayer-season-pass-is-almost-dead-this-is-how-for-honor-and-titanfall-2-are-killing-it/

As far as I'm concerned this is what will kill off paid DLC maps in the future.

I got to try out the new Giant's Shadow map tonight in a game of conquest. Its too open for me. Great for sniping but it could use some more buildings. The fog is complete overkill tho, its last way too long and is far too dense that it takes the fun right out of the map. I couldn't even see the damn enemy train in front of me even tho its within grenade distance and there were no buildings obscuring my view. I did luck out tonight and got a double kill with a k bullet by sniping a plane. Apparently the tail section is a better target than the engine block.

I'm going to have to upload longer clips, I swear youtube craps out the first 5 seconds of every clip I upload and thats exactly where the kill shot takes place in this vid. -_-; I'll probably re-edit it and upload it another day if I remember. I love how realistic these planes look when they crash.. lmao! XD

Yea, I watched that the other day and was disgusted with what Level talked about. I almost wish we'd institute the same law as China so we could figure out what the probability of getting a certain skin is. I just feel bad for all those people who dropped real money on this trying to get that skin, fucking ridiculous.

WTF. I watched this video a little while ago. Drop rates like that are complete bullshit. I could understand that some people would want their money back, but its never going to happen. Buying RNG boxes is gambling and should be labeled as such IMO. Its like buying 500 lotto tickets and then asking for a refund because you didn't win the main prize, they'll never get the money back. I bet before they "patched" it, that gold tank skin had about the same odds of dropping as winning the power ball lotto. I'd like to see that law China has get implemented here.

Edited by Sledgstone
typo

That they did it, isn't the issue. Its how they did it. They deceived players that have had 8 weeks of battlepacks to get a general "feel" for them, and lumped the skin into the legendary bracket like it would have the same drop rate. Level is right, they should have made it a different color category or made it like the puzzle pieces. I know they did the same thing with the Zulu skin, because after that week I may have seen 1 person with it, pre nerf when everyone was using the hell out of the MH. Then having Strider open a good number of packs while I played with him the week Warhorse was available and the same thing... I guess I'm lucky I got that one. They're looking at their data, and adjusting the drop rates on the popular weapons, especially when they have skins that took a lot of work to make. Funny how I opened a good 6 superior battlepacks post MH nerf, and got the MH skin easily but couldn't get the frommer skin which should have been a 1 in 3 chance. You can get revolver skins all day because all of them blow unless they are the two that have fast reload animations.

They are dishonest by purposely ranking skins in a traditional way players are use to, but not abiding by the same laws. Now it make since why 90% of all the legendary skins are the same camo pattern.

Exactly, that Chinese law wouldn't hurt sales IMO. It would just prevent them from making money off those that don't normally buy, but feel the have a better chance at getting an item they want during a certain time like what DICE just did... which was probably a lot more notorious in China. You'll always have those same people that know there is a .0001% chance to get a certain drop, still try to get it. People love to gamble by human nature. The law just forces these companies to make more desirable, lesser quality, high % drops to entice people to keep going for that ultra rare item. GW2 does this with various things like ticket scraps, dyes, and wardrobe unlocks. Overwatch does it with in game currency per box that will let you eventually buy the item over a long period of time.

I played a round of operations and conquest last night with my older brother and had a good time. A couple shotguns still seemed a bit OP and my bro got sniped from across the map with a shotgun slug. wtf. But overall the balance of guns felt pretty good in those couple matches. I noticed the gold light tank skin in the battlepack now says (Super Rare). -_-; At least they put something on there to indicate it is rarer now.