DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

I agree with you about the battlepacks. They're the worst damn implementation for acquiring a skin I've ever seen in a game. At least with a MMORPG many skins are purchasable through an auction house or trading post to make up for the RNG. But BF1 is setup like Guild Wars 2 fractals. You have a shot at getting one at the end of a round and you can scrap the gold skins to save up for other gold skins. But even that RNG was too much of a grind for GW2 so they let everyone get a maximum amount of currency each day (pristine fractal relics) that can be used towards the purchase of the skins. What DICE should do is give everyone a guaranteed amount of scrap each day for playing, not enough to buy all the legendary skins per week, just enough to actually feel like there is progress being made. Instead they'll put the battlepacks in the store and people will buy them. At that point whenever anybody sees a legendary skin on a kill screen everyone will assume that person paid for it instead of earning it through the game since it's not feasible to actually get it in game. Right now the high level skins are the equivilant of a Tequatl horde drop and emphasizes the amount of time put into the game to get it, but once the battlepacks hit the store they'll be no more elite than gem store skins that go through a rotation in the store. Then again.. considering they are already purchasable with monster drinks they are gem store skins already. Imagine if BLT claim ticket scraps (for people that don't know, x amount of scraps = 1 cool skin) were purchasable directly for GW2... but only from codes from monster drinks. The community would rage. XD Yet for BF1 DICE thinks its completely fine. -_-;

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

What they need to do is just go back to the old system for battlepacks and give us one after every rank up or every other rank up because we're honestly not getting anything that changes the game in any way, just skins for our guns (that don't add stats or anything). I'd understand if what we were getting was game changing but honestly it isn't. That or they need to do what Sledge said and give us a proportionate amount of scrap at the end of each week or just a certain amount after every match we play (more for game modes like Operations that can go on for over an hour). DICE really dropped the ball with battlepacks this time and while I understand they want to go down the same road as CS did (Valve rakes in the dough with those cases, it's not even funny. Chaaboy himself blows at least $200 or so a week in cases) but it doesn't work for a game like this where these skins have no monetary value besides what you pay for battlepacks (whenever they finally implement it). I love Monster but due to my High-Blood pressure I can't drink them anymore (or very sparingly) so it sucks they went that route for battlepacks.

Also I think the problem is on your end for our communication issues DX. The minute Sledge dropped from the party it said I couldn't chat with you due to NAT restrictions on your end (whatever that could but I don't know considering we were talking just fine yesterday and on Saturday without Sledge). I'll monkey with my settings tomorrow and see if it might be on my end. By the way I should be on all this week at roughly the same time (depending on when I get off of FFXIV, new patch drops this week and the last part of my Anima weapon questline drops so I might get absorbed in it), I decided that I'd hold off finishing Supernatural season 11 until next week/this weekend (I should hopefully get a 3-day weekend this week, I say hopefully because my boss is good at procrastinating and forcing us to work overtime on Fridays) since BF1 is scratching that FPS itch I didn't know I was having.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

My router has been being an ass today. It's possible. But that's weird it just started happening. I've had it happen before but it gave me the Nat error with another friend of mine. I left the party and came back and it resolved itself. Hopefully its just a one time issue. I have another friend who has a router that just doesn't like mine at all. He constantly gets kicked from the party, and we couldn't even play GTA:V together... but its only him. I've never had that problem with anyone else.

After you guys got off, I did another Iron Walls, we made it to Empire's Edge where I got to try my hand at some flying. The attack plane bombs are great. I got 8-9 kills doing runs and turning around. I'll never be good at dog fighting, but i can fly in a straight line and drop bombs on a flag easily. XD I love this game despite its frustrating bugs. I hope we get at least 2 operations per Premium DLC since there will be 4 maps in each pack. As much fun as you had with the mortar today Strider, there are plans to nerf it according to a dev. I hope its just the recharge rate though. The only upside is that supposedly LMGs will be getting a much needed buff. 

My top five gripes about this game right now.

• Gas Mask Bug
  • Revive Bug (turns you backwards and sometimes locks up your gun)
  • Bipod window/wall mounting inconsistent collision detection.
  • End of Round screen never working (it worked fine on the 3 early enlister days, wtf?)
  • Climbing small objects isn't as bad as an issue as it was in the beta, but it still happens at inconvenient times.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Sounds like your router is starting to have UPnP issues. Either that or its your modem. Tell your friend to set his modem to bridged if hes using a separate modem / router and it should fix his issues:

9 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

I decided that I'd hold off finishing Supernatural season 11 until next week/this weekend

This was a great season. :D Season 12 has already started and CW keeps the most recent 5 eps online for streaming and they update it the day after it airs. This week will air episode 4 of season 12, as long as you get caught up on season 11 soon you could stay current with the newest episodes.

Online streaming page:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural

Back to BF1, that revive bug annoys the hell out of me. Turns me around, prevents me from firing any gun 50% of the time unless I weapon swap them and I can't go right to sprint half the time too. The gas mask annoys me to all hell, I don't know if its more of a PS4 controller issue or if the game is putting the gas mask on all the time for the hell of it. They could fix it easy if they just give us an option to make the up d-pad require a double tap to apply the gas mask.

It does need to be nerfed, that recharge time is insane for a weapon that powerful against groups of enemies. They just need to wait until I get my two multi-kills for the medal this week (I got the top 5 finish in a domination match tonight where I went complete ham with the Mondragon and my Med Crate, got a battlepack for it as well). After facing off against the Model 10 numerous times tonight and loosing I'm calling for a nerf on it. The gun is way to overpowered for what it is and has such a high killing range it's not even funny (I hate to say that too because shotguns never get any love and when they do shit like this happens, I'm sad that I have to call for a nerf on it). After playing Support last night I fully agree that LMG's need some damn love, they're just to shitty of a gun to play with making support the least picked class of them all (unless you're going mortar crazy). Honestly they need to go back to the LMG model from BF4 and tweak it just enough to make it believable for a gun from this time period (don't make them overly accurate but at least make them able to hit something) and, even though I think the BAR should be placed in Assault or Medic class weapons (technically it's the first Auto Rifle ever created if you think about it based on mag size and accuracy), they need too up the mag size for it. I now the 40 round mag was rare and only an AA variant but I honestly think it needs it since its honestly the only good gun Support has.

I have to say, with the bugs, I love this game. While I'm still not entirely to hip with MP and how they're handling certain things (I'm just to used to and spoiled by BF4) the game is just a blast to play. I do, however, have to say operations are extremely boring without friends. If I'm playing by myself I'm going to be sticking to Domination as it's freaking fun as hell and is more enjoyable when you're by yourself.

On the Supernatural thing, I'm not in any hurry to watch Season 12 honestly. I could of watched Season 11 while it aired but I choose to wait until Netflix gets it so I can just binge watch the hell out of it when they do. Honestly Season 11 has been good so far (I've got roughly 6 episodes left, give or take a few) but I'm getting sick of the biblical shit (the only appealing thing for this season is them going back to the monster of the week vibe for a few episodes which really sold me on the series to begin with). It was ok in season 4 and is just being over played now (there's only so many times I can watch the brothers get bitch slapped by angels and enjoy it, now Crowley bitch slapping them on the other hand is always enjoyable to watch (my favorite character from the series other then Charlie)) and by what I've read they're still continuing on that line in Season 12 (what with you know who coming back into the picture). Ok now that I've sidelined this enough back to you're regularly scheduled BF1 chat.

Go back a few posts and watch my Model 10 video. XD it's def OP, I'm already compiling another mutlikill video. It's the only gun in the game you can 1v6 people with. I've gotten multiple 6 kills in a row off unsuspecting groups. It's damage drop off needs to be cut in half tbh and that would fix the problem. SMGs don't stand a chance against the 10 hunter because it has the same effective range. 

Are the medals randomized for everyone? The medals I see this week are all game mode or vehicle specific. -_-; Theres a medal for rush, domination, war pigeons, tank class and airplane class. wtf. The only medal I can work on while playing conquest or operations is the tank one and only if I can spawn into the tank. These medals are a waste of time for me and I don't know if I'll even bother swapping between them anymore.

I do, however, have to say operations are extremely boring without friends.

I was in a crappy match of operations yesterday that was boring. My team still won, but I couldn't get in a decent squad at all. If half the squad is at two different objectives and nobody is going to the objective marked by the squad leader except for me and him, then it gets boring pretty quick. It works great with friends since we have each others backs, but I'm going to be playing more conquest or domination when I'm solo.

Honestly Season 11 has been good so far (I've got roughly 6 episodes left, give or take a few) but I'm getting sick of the biblical shit

Thats why I liked the season, they can't get any more biblical now that they introduced God to the series. Season 12 is more enjoyable now that there isn't a season long major plot line revealed yet.

Someone said the medals were, they must be tier driven though rather than complete RNG. In the end its better that way. If everyone got the scout medal, gameplay would be horrible all week with people trying to get it. I think the shotgun medal is bugged. I've been stuck on the headshot part for 2 days now. Even when I hear the headshot sound it doesn't give me credit. I'd say I get credit for one out of 4. I'm at 6 of 10, the 5 kills is as easy as sitting in choke point on Monte Grappa or Argonne.

I guess I'm the opposite. I love Operations solo. Maybe its because I've had more time with it, and I know the map hotspots. I love the battle for A in sector 3 of Monte Grappa, and the last sector on Fao Fortress. Kaisershlatch is a clusterfuck of mayhem that I revel in. I love trench clearing with the Model 10, Mortaring people out of their bunker, or counter sniping obvious noobs out of the windmills. I wish they had reverse Operations mode where you start out on the last map and go backwards. Empire's Edge is probably one of my favorites, but Monte Grappa is hard to win on, especially that last sector. Same with Amiens and Argonne. I remember DICE saying the attackers didn't always have to take all sectors to advance to the next map, but I've yet to see that happen. I'd like to see attackers get 3 attacks like standard, and if they win after exhausting two or three attacks, they get an extra attack on the next map. If they take more than half the sectors, the game should advance to the next map automatically, but attackers get no extra attacks. It would give that feeling of a final assault after depleting all your resources. For Oil of Empires, it would reward an extra attack only if you had 1 left after each map, that way attackers can pile up 5 attacks on the last map. Likewise, a loss on Fao Fortress with conditions met, and a win on Suez would grant an extra attack on Sinai.

I still can't name the map I'm on unless I pay attention to the name on the loading screen. Me: "oh, its the forest map again, cool." XD

I really miss the BF4 ribbon / medal system and assignments. :( I like that weapons can be purchased with warbonds and that they're not locked behind assignments. The players in bf4 were able to get some really OP weapons if they could grind out the assignments. UCAV and Deagle in BF4 were pains in the ass to get and gave a huge advantage. I never did get the Deagle, it was a dumb assignment. Get 5 headshots while standing in water, do 18 jumping jacks while shooting an RPG (lol, i can't remember) and that was just to unlock the gun you needed to do the next assignment to unlock the Deagle. I'd rather see assignments come back to BF1 and have them unlock weapon skins. I like it when a game is well balanced and nobody has huge advantages for completing hard core crap. Like how Destiny will always have raid weapons that give a huge advantage, crap like that needs to go and I'm glad there isn't anything like that in BF1. I remember that Deagle making me basically quit BF4 after getting constantly headshotted from halfway across the map.

Meh, I can name all the maps now but honestly the only ones I like are Monte Grappa and Argonne (though Ballroom Blitz is fun). My major problem with operations solo is that no one wants to work toward the goal, everyone is trying to do their own thing. At least with friends you know at least they're working toward the same goal as you. It's still enjoyable but if I'm going to play by myself I'm going to go Domination where I can do what I want, how I want, and still contribute to the team as long as I'm assaulting the flags and not feel like a jackass for not doing what the SL says.

I really do with they'd bring back the ribbon system, god the amount of rank ups you can get from just ribbons is nice. Sadly I don't think they'll bring it back just for that reason (200 xp for a ribbon, 5000 for a medal wouldn't really cut it here). Assignments would be nice but I wouldn't want to go through all that work just for a weapon skin (kind of like how I don't give a rats ass if I get a battlepack anymore, it's not worth it if all I'm going to get is a random skin that I probably already have for a gun I'll probably never use). If they brought it back for weapons I'd be all for it (if it's not god awfully powerful weapons like the Deagle), maybe weapons that were historically correct for the time but very rare on the battlefield.

The funny part about this is when I'm squad leader, I'm never giving orders I expect to be completed by my squad, I'm making orders to get the most points. XD

On attack I'll pop the order where ever I see a flag getting capped,  and then I'll keep spamming defend on it to rake in the order completed points, on defend I'll always keep the defend order on the flag that's traditionally hardest to cap. The only time I'll take the order off is when I see that we're taking a point back. 

The problem is that defend orders get filled too fast, it's not worth keeping an attack on a point your team is struggling to get,  while in the same time you can get 750 points for spamming defend on the point you own, and just as easily swap it to attack a point that's seconds away from capture. 

After playing with Strider some tonight, I realized how spoiled I've become with the Model 10. I made it to Assault Rank 10 and tried out the Hellriegle only to suck it up. We had a lot of Behemoth wasters too.

I really hope DICE puts out those 60hz servers. I think it will benefit Medic's greatly. I have too many shots that just don't connect. They do on screen, but the damage doesn't register. Not only does the Model 10 need to be nerfed but the Sebstlader should get a damage drop off nerf as well. The Sidesweeper is pretty shit long range with it's modern mag, the Seb shouldn't be on par with the Cie or Mondragon at the same range. Right now its a BAR/Cie-Seb/Model 10/SMLE-Russian meta. Each class has its gun that is far better than all of the other ones, and there aren't any assignments to force people to use other weapons.

I saw a video someone posted today of their scout rifle turning into a shotgun when they tried to use K-Bullets. It looks like a Model 1887 is coded into the game, which means more beastly shotguns are on the way. The Mosin will have the same sweet spot as the Russian, but will have the SMLE's velocity I bet. But the most interesting addition will be the Chauchat, which was a notoriously shit LMG made by the french. It has an open air mag that got jammed up with dirt got in it. I tried to find a clip from when it was on Mail Call a long time ago. XD It kept jamming on Gunny, living up to its shit reputation.

I unlocked the artillery truck's anti aircraft version and used it to shred apart a zeppelin today. I should have a video of it that I'll upload later. That vehicle alone can take out the behemoth in record time. If more people used this vehicle that airship would have a significantly less impact on the game. But instead everyone grabs a landship, light tank or fire tank and sits back shooting their shells at enemies instead of driving into the objectives. I wouldn't be surprised if that vehicle gets nerfed. When I say in record time, I mean one guy in this can destroy the behemoth in probably 5 mins. Theres no other vehicle in the game that can do that kind of damage to the train or the dreadnought. It doesn't make sense for one behemoth to have such a weakness but the others don't.

Well to be fair, it only takes one bomb from the airship to take down the AA truck, people just ignore it and get as many kills as they can before taking out all the threats. The Artillery truck is pretty mobile though. Strider and I had to chase one down the other night as he popped smoke and tried to get behind a hill to repair. It's crazy how no one tries to take out those AA guns first, you can see exactly where they are shooting from.

Usually when I'm in the behemoth and I see those AA guns I never get a chance to destroy them because I'm the one they kill first. XD Hmmm... I didn't realize the artillery truck had a smoke defense. I'll have to try that truck again and check all the options. One of the things I hate is people that don't drive a tank up to an objective. So many people will grab a landship or flame tank and just sit there and spam their canon while everyone that gets in the tank eventually leave because of the lack of action. It happens so often that once I get a tank nobody stays in it because they assume I'll just drive along the edge of the map and accomplish nothing to benefit them. Once I learn the maps better and know what areas are good locations for enemies to funnel in from, I'll drive my flame tank right to those spots and let my passengers rack in the kills if anyone actually stays in it.

Stationary AA guns need to be nerfed into the ground. I was trying to fly a fighter a few times and some ass all the way across the map was destroying my plane, and there wasn't anything I could do about it. You just get instantly disabled. The Dreadnought and artillery truck AA can stay the same for all I care.

The bomber sucks. i tried to use it for better bombs, but its super slow, no throttle up or down, and the handling is horrible, you're just a bigger target that dies just as fast.

On a unrelated note, I noticed a trend in the revive weapon lock up bug. Basically when you get revived, if you don't get flipped backwards, then you're gun is going to be locked up. Both are annoying and get you killed. XD

I like the stationary AA guns because they're devastating. whenever I get on one I destroy every enemy plane in the sky in under 2 mins and then move on to the objective. lol. sucks for ppl that fly planes but those guns can be destroyed. I think they serve as the only real counter to prevent players from staying in a plane for an entire round like they used to in Bf4. if these guns existed in bf4 helicopters wouldn't stand a chance.

Skip to the end of this video and watch how devastating a simple gunboat can be to the dreadnought.

Whenever the enemy team has a dreadnought I'll be going for a gunboat asap.

They're too strong, planes can't destroy them because you can't even get close, plus they respawn fast. Only the blimp and tanks can destroy them vehicle wise, and tanks have no reason too since they don't do a lot of damage and its suicide to attack at tank with one. They shouldn't be able to hit fast attack planes from 3 sectors away. They disable engines in 3 shots before your plane even gets to 60% health. They should have their range reduced by 50% and that's being generous. -_-;

Honestly a system similar to the renown system in R6S is actually a very good way to go about doing the battlepack system. However the skins in the renown system for R6S are extremely expensive (9000 renown for basic skins, 15,000 or more for the very sought after skins (if they're purchasable for renown, a lot of the good skins require you to pay real money for Rainbow Credits just to buy)) and I'd hate for that to come over (though something similar would be nice). I'd like to see an implementation of scrap at the end of every battle based exactly on what the R6S system is, You get a certain amount for winning or losing (less for losing), your personal performance (based on your score), and in R6S whether or not you have a booster or Season Pass (which the season pass gives barely any extra, I've seen up to 13 extra renown for being the best in the match). They could go even further with giving extra scrap for getting recognized for feats during battle (most revives, most resupplies, best squad score, etc.). It has it flaws and only those who dedicate more then 3-4 hours a night to the game would benefit from it but it's the best option compared to what we have.

The daily challenges would also be nice. R6S has up to 5 challenges you can do daily/weekly in-game plus up to 4 or 5 (don't remember, been over a month since I last played R6S) extra challenges you can pick up from Ubiclub (what used to be UPlay). Each gives a varying amount of extra renown based on the difficulty to complete (up to 600 renown) and the 5 in-game ones have timers on them so you can't continually do challenges left and right (the first is 24 hours, next is 48, and so on up to 120 hours (5 days)) and you have the option to drop challenges you don't want to do in hopes of getting one thats easier the next day (you don't get a choice on in-game ones, they're randomly selected).

If they didn't want to go exactly that route I'd say give up to 200 scrap (enough to by one normal battlepack) for winning a round and up to 100 scrap for losing (half of a normal battlepack) and then give extra scrap based on performance (not to exceed a total of 350-400 scrap just so you can't continually get the best battlepack after every match). You can change these totals based on what game mode is being played (less for modes like TDM and Domination, more for Conquest and Operations (with Operations giving out the most due to the length of time some matches can last)) and drop those numbers if need be (I'm being somewhat generous here with my scrap totals, I'd be perfectly fine with 100 scrap for winning + whatever I get based on performance and 50 + performance based increase for losing). They can even keep their random battlepack reward system as well and tweak it to give battlepacks to those who actually perform their roles correctly/get recognized on the end of round screen (or scrap it entirely). This way everybody has a chance of at least getting a battlepack every week and a chance at those awesome skins. They could also put in a market place for old battlepack revisions to give people a chance at getting the skin they want from past revisions (or go one step further and sell the skins individually for more scrap so you actually have to earn them). Of course they'd have to tweak the puzzle piece system because this would break whatever system they have in place to award the puzzle pieces from battlepacks (I honestly don't know how they'd fix it).

Honestly a lot of what was said in that video are great ideas the one I presented is going off the R6S model with my own tweaks. Something similar to what I just mentioned would be my ideal system if they don't want to go back to the old battlepack system from BF4 (which they should, it's not like that system broke BF4 in any way as it was the same system just with more items in a battlepack based on type).

I'm at a 1.4 KD in this game. I haven't maintained an K/D like that since MW2. While my 42-5's with a behemoth helps, I can only claim about 5-6 matches in 80 hours like that. I've had a lot of 40 kill matches with just my gun and gadgets as a Medic and Assault, which I've played way more than any other class. I would probably be at a 1.5 if it wasn't for damn bugs. I just love how this game is more infantry oriented, and its gun vs. gun, with no bullshit lock ons, night vision, infrared, or mass spotting. I can take being wrecked by the behemoths... the blimp is the only one that really gets me. You just have to be a fool to sit on the left side of the map when the dreadnought is up. The gunplay in this game is just amazing. I enjoy playing every class, and I like how each class has a defined and important role. People can bitch about scout all the want, the flares are amazing, they go hand and hand with the support mortar. The problem isn't the classes, its the balance of people playing them. In BF4 everyone could run around with Shotguns and PDWs. Allowing everyone to have access to a certain weapon type would be problematic. I'd be the first one to tell you I'd use the Model 10A and spotting flares exclusively. XD So would a lot of other people.

Support guns could use some love, the BAR Storm is the only gun that has any value for that class, the M1909 is decent, but even with its bigger mag size, it doesn't have the accuracy or TTK the BAR does and its reload its twice as long. All the Scout rifles are great. All the Assault weapons are great for defined rolls. The Medic has a nice variety depending on if you want to play aggressive, or cautious. Support? Its BAR and Mortar. I just hope they nerf the Mortar recharge and not the damage or ammo count. The rest of the kit is trash outside of the Ammo crate. Limpet charge is fun in situations, but Assault is better for taking down doors and tanks. They should have left trip wire on Support. I thought it suited scout better after the beta, but flares and decoys are the way to go in that kit, plus the shield is nice too.

As far as the skins go, I like the R6S system Strider laid out. They could keep the RNG boxes, and charge a ton for the actual skins. Hell, I'd grind for just the skins I wanted most likely, but people love their RnG and the boxes would still be a popular purchase. By selling the battlepacks they could still make money, but I'd significantly reduce the scrap for trashing unwanted skins in the process. This way they could still make money by limiting people from getting scrap too fast from being a credit card warrior, but at the same time keeping the in game earned scrap more efficient than buying boxes and scrapping all the skins. I just wish there were better Legendary skins. My favorite main weapon skin is my Distinguished Warhorse for the BAR. I'd like to see more skins like that for the other guns, the camo pattern is kinda meh, and once mud gets all over your gun, it looks the same as the standard blued skin. A lot of the distinguished skins look better than the legendary ones. Hell I have a basic one on my Mle 1903.