DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

Model 10 nerfed, Martini leg and arm shots nerfed, Hellreigle nerfed, syringe nerfed, medic revive bug fixed, LMG buff, and terrain blocking med crate deploy fixed. Overall it seems like a decent patch. 

Edit: http://pastebin.com/MRYABYZA the hard numbers

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

About damn time the Model 10 took a nerf, that gun has been on top way to long. All in all it seems like a very good and balanced patch (happy to hear LMG's are getting some love. The BAR is great but it's about time the other LMG's start to see some lovin).. Can't wait till this weekend to try out the changes and the new map (yea I know I can play it tomorrow but I've got other things to do (like playing other games)). Don't know if I'm looking forward to this Grenade Crossbow though. There's enough grenade spam in the game as is and I'm worried this is only going to make it worse (and make more people play Support that don't understand how the class needs to be played, I oh so hate useless Support players).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

At least picking landship is viable now. People can actually spawn in the damn thing so you don't run around with your weak ass main gun defenseless against other tanks. The 5 man landship should be a go to pick now for capping objectives.

Which is a good thing, I always thought the landship got the short end of the stick in multiplayer considering how powerful it was in the Campaign. Plus it always felt so under-powered against a Heavy Tank so it's nice to see it'll have the same amount of armor. Now if only they'd give it a better primary besides a shitty machine gun and the anti-tank rifle (to tired to actually look up the spelling but you all know what one I'm talking about) that could actually put up a fight against other vehicles (well now that Landships are viable maybe the driver won't need a better weapon anymore).

I hated running in a landship solo. As soon as a tank would come up, I'd angle my side to it, swap seats.. get 2 or 3 shots off, my turret gets disabled and right before I can jump back into the driver seat some troll jumps in and starts driving us right at it so the other side canon has no shot. After that I gave up and never spawned another landship again. -_-;

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I got the patch downloaded yesterday and tried a round of domination this morning after my bro told me that the grenade crossbow was unlocked already for him and hes a non premium player. I tried it out myself and I'm pleased. Support needed this gadget. The grenades have great range with enough arc, better than the LMG range, and are easy to shoot into windows. If this thing could shoot gas or smoke grenades it'd be the ultimate sniper troll gadget. lol. I haven't tried the HE grenades yet but it looks like they explode on impact. If so I'll probably use those much more often just to instant kill enemies by shooting it at their feet.

Meh, I'm not a fan of the crossbow as it's honestly not all that good. HE grenades suck against any type of armor (doing a max of 7-8 damage on a Landship/Heavy Tank) and will rarely kill an enemy in one hit. I didn't try the frag version as I hate how frag grenades work in BF1. Honestly this thing would be better if it had a gas grenade option as the range it has is one of its best features and being able to accurately lob a gas grenade a fair distance away would be amazing (especially for putting gas into a building). It doesn't need a smoke option as we already have that with Mortar's (and it's two free ones every time you deploy a mortar (and it doesn't take away from your current mortar count)). I might be more willing to use the crossbow if it had a gas grenade option and I'm totally down with limiting it to one gas grenade or giving us weaker gas grenades (either damage or spread wise, doesn't matter) so they can give us two. Honestly I'll be sticking with the Limpet Charge or Mortar as my secondary gadget on Support and relying heavily on my Impact Grenade (now if the crossbow had Impact Grenades I might be more partial to it).

The LMG buff is amazing. The BAR is even better then before (go watch Jack's video called "New God Gun"), the thing is freaking more accurate then ever at longer ranges (if you can get past the new recoil parameters, I'm still getting used to them but I did fairly well today for the one match I played). I didn't try out the shotguns but if the video's I've been seeing on youtube are correct the Model 10 is pretty much useless now unless you actually know how to fight with a shotgun (hell I didn't run into one Assault today using it, they all went back to MP18's, Automatico's, and the Hellreigel).

I can take or leave the new map. Considering it's not in Operations (which does suck, this map would be amazing for Operation gameplay if they added it to one of the current modes) and only in the other game modes I really didn't have much fun on it in Conquest (I just can't stomach Conquest in BF1). I do like that it's dynamic weather is fog though, makes the map so much more fun to play in as you can't see shit (and I mean you can't see, it's worse than the fog on other maps). I had fun trolling the enemy in the rail yard by killing one of them, running into a building, hiding in a corner, and watching them look for me (or popping grenades from the crossbow at tanks and watching them flip out trying to find me). All in all it's pretty meh. Those who enjoy Conquest and Rush will probably really enjoy this map (shit gets real by the downed Airship, the two most contested points on the whole map in Conquest) but it's honestly just an okay map. No where near as good as Monte Grappa or Argonne, but better then Fao Fortress, Sinai Desert, and Suez.

Edited by Strider Hiryu

I'm not seeing the BAR improvement on his video, only the second shot was stabilized across the board, but maybe because I only run the BAR storm and I was cross mapping people on Argonne last time I played before the patch. It looks the same to me XD. I do know it's reload has been decreased, which is well deserved.

The Martini-Henry is as useless as the Kolbri now. So only assault gets a decent rank 10 gun. Sad times. It was the most fun to use. 

You know whats sad is the Legendary skin for the Martini is up in this revision as well (just thought I'd let you know if you didn't know already). Honestly there were plenty of people running it yesterday when I was playing so I'm honestly not seeing why you're calling it useless. I still get killed in one shot by it (and if not a good Martini player will still be able to kill you with a sidearm, had that happen a lot yesterday as well) at close ranges and the thing still hits like a fucking truck. If the nerf was supposed to be significant I can't tell.

Their is a definite improvement in the BAR's accuracy at longer ranges as long as, like I said, you can get used to the new recoil parameters. It's harder to tell unless you actually use it (and honestly PC accuracy is so much different when you compare it to console accuracy that I honestly didn't notice a difference in it until I was watching one of Matt's videos). The Storm version is built for longer ranges so it's even harder to notice when you run it (which is what Jack was running in his video), I haven't tried the Trench and Telescopic versions yet so I don't really know if it was a major change or a minor change across the board for the BAR (plus I haven't used the other LMG's yet as well, I did notice though when playing as the Sentry that the spread does tighten up a lot faster now with the MG 15 making it even more deadly in the right hands. I went on a 15 kill streak with it on Argonne last night in a Domination match). I didn't notice any difference in the reload time, it still feels the same to me so it must of been been a slight change in time.

Edited by Strider Hiryu

I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen a lot of videos that show its just a tag machine now. You can't kill someone running parallel to you anymore because upper body shots that hit the arm aren't one hit kills, but they were for the Martini until they nerfed it. Finishing someone off with a pistol is crap because you can do the same thing with any of the other scout rifles that have optics and faster bullet velocities. :/ Its on par with the other rifles now, with no scope, and the slowest RoF.

To tell you the truth it should of never been a one hit kill in the arm so I'm kinda glad they took it out and honestly its still leaps and bound better then the optic forms of the other rifles at ranges less then 80m (I mean come on this gun is a 90+ body hit, most of the other rifles are 70-80 on a good day and if it wasn't for the RoF it would be the best close range sniper in the game (then again it's a one shot gun which really kills it's killing potential). And honestly how often do you use your sidearm to get a kill with any of the other bolt-actions because this is the only gun with a 30-80m sweet spot and the enemy should never get close enough after you shoot them to have to use a sidearm if you're at range with any of the other rifles). Honestly I've noticed no difference in how people play with it as, like I said, most Martini players I go up against usually kill me with their sidearm if the Martini doesn't kill me (it was that way before the nerf and still is). I guess it's something you only really notice if you used the gun extensively which I haven't and this nerf honestly doesn't effect me any as I'll probably never get Scout to level 10 to get this gun (same with Assault, I'll never get to use the Hellreigel as I absolutely hate the Assault class (though I have begun to become quiet fond of the MP18, such a beautiful and deadly gun it is)) because quite honestly sniping, while fun, just isn't my thing. I'd rather be on the front lines as a Medic or Support playing the objective (something I got used to in BF4 as I sucked at sniping and still do and something I feel that Scouts contribute very little to on the battlefield (besides flares which are a god send even when you're not mortaring)) so they're the only guns I care about (and why both Medic and Support are Rank 7 (almost 8)). Who knows you might just get an actual elephant gun in an upcoming patch so that will be your one shot kill weapon at any distance.

Using any unscoped variant would make for a more aggressive playstyle. The Russian Trench, Gewher 95, and LoA SMLE which I used before I had the Martini, I frequently used the Frommer to finish off people with. There really isn't much difference between a 70-90 shot hit TBH as all the popular pistols do 30+ damage and all the melee weapons exceed 30 damage. The only disadvantage between those health margins is running into a gas cloud. It's still a 1 shot pistol kill either way. With the level playing field, there is no reason to use the Henry over the Russian trench which can get off at least 4 shots at 70 damage while staying in ADS in the same time it takes the Henry to reload. They would have been better keeping the all body modifier and changing the sweet spot not to be so big. Most the shots I pulled off were between the 60-80 range. If someone is 30 yards away, I'm likely using the Frommer's insane accuracy to take someone out or a nade. If the gun could pull off collaterals, it should be able to pass through the arm and count as a body shot. Hopefully DICE changes it back similar to how they did the Mortar. With the SMLE sweet spot starting at 40, you couldn't win a medium engagement if you missed with the Henry, the counter snipe on the other side could get 2 shots off for every 1, you have a better chance to win with one of the rifles that have no sweet spot.

I'll give it a try tomorrow, but if its anything like the video's I've watched, I'll be disappointed and just go back to the M1903 on Foa Fortress. I'd agree with you if it was easy to land shots on moving targets, but it requires a lot more effort to hit with the Martini at ranges medic guns have no issue pinging.

I didn't get a chance to try the new map yet but I love this new grenade crossbow. :D Support is almost beating scout as my favorite class now. The buff to the LMGs is great. I was able to use the BAR storm to kill some people from a good distance away and up close it rips people apart quick. But the small mag is killing me on this gun because of the buff against airplanes. I saw no extra damage against an airplane with the BAR compared to the MG15 na storm I generally prefer. With the amount of damage an LMG can do against planes now I think I'll be better off sticking with the MG15 na storm so I can kill airplanes. I was on a match tonight and the BAR was able to do roughly 25 damage to a plane if I landed most of the shots. I was doing that easily with the MG15 na before the patch. With the larger mag of the MG15 I bet I could disable a plane solo at this point. I should have switched guns to kill the bomber and attack plane asses that kept destroying my team but I was having too much fun testing out the crossbow and BAR. Heres some clips of my crossbow kills:

I didn't try out the HE version yet, but if it can destroy buildings like the HE mortar than I'll have a field day in maps with alot of buidings.

1 hour ago, DeathscytheX said:

Using any unscoped variant would make for a more aggressive playstyle. The Russian Trench, Gewher 95, and LoA SMLE which I used before I had the Martini, I frequently used the Frommer to finish off people with. There really isn't much difference between a 70-90 shot hit TBH as all the popular pistols do 30+ damage and all the melee weapons exceed 30 damage. The only disadvantage between those health margins is running into a gas cloud. It's still a 1 shot pistol kill either way. With the level playing field, there is no reason to use the Henry over the Russian trench which can get off at least 4 shots at 70 damage while staying in ADS in the same time it takes the Henry to reload. They would have been better keeping the all body modifier and changing the sweet spot not to be so big. Most the shots I pulled off were between the 60-80 range. If someone is 30 yards away, I'm likely using the Frommer's insane accuracy to take someone out or a nade. If the gun could pull off collaterals, it should be able to pass through the arm and count as a body shot. Hopefully DICE changes it back similar to how they did the Mortar. With the SMLE sweet spot starting at 40, you couldn't win a medium engagement if you missed with the Henry, the counter snipe on the other side could get 2 shots off for every 1, you have a better chance to win with one of the rifles that have no sweet spot.

I'll give it a try tomorrow, but if its anything like the video's I've watched, I'll be disappointed and just go back to the M1903 on Foa Fortress. I'd agree with you if it was easy to land shots on moving targets, but it requires a lot more effort to hit with the Martini at ranges medic guns have no issue pinging.

Again it all boils down to gun use and play style. You play as a more aggressive Scout then I do. Whereas you like to be in the action I prefer being at ranges of 75+ meters which is why I favor the Sniper variant of both the Russian and 1903 because snipers aren't meant to be in the fray. I don't think the Martini was put in the game to be an overly effective sniper rifle because lets face it it's not. A one shot rifle that requires a reload after each shot just isn't effective which makes me thing the rank 10 guns were put in more for fun than they were for effectiveness. The Huot is trash unless you actually go up against someone who knows how to use it, the 1906 is a rather effective gun in the right hands but has a shit reload time and only 5 rounds making it completely useless when compared to guns that have 10 round strips or 21 round mags, and the Hellreigel is a completely experimental weapons that actually did not see any combat in the war and DICE had to play the guessing game of how to make it work right (and it just so happens to be the best weapon in the Assault arsenal now). Quite honestly I'm happy the Martini saw this nerf, the gun was over powered for what it was and yes I'm salty about it's power because I've been on the receiving end of it more than I'd like making it extremely frustrating when playing against it (I've been killed at ranges outside the sweet spot for the gun more than I care to count and yes they were one shot kills from full health). Honestly the Martini should never be picked over guns like the Russian Trench, 95, or LoA SMLE if you're going for effectiveness while being agressive. Much like why you should never use to Kolibri unless you're just fucking around having fun. That's just my opinion though so take it as you will from a guy who still thinks the Scout class needs major tweaks/nerfs. I won't comment on the Martini vs. Medic gun range/moving target comment because lets face it, it takes no skill to use a Medic weapon effectively (I should know, I use the class more than anyone else and the Sweeper is a good example of this. It's point and hold trigger. The Martini is a weapon to be used by skilled users which is why it's harder to hit moving targets with).

Sledge the BAR is an anti-infantry weapon, not an AA weapon. You should never use to to attack planes, that's just a waste of ammo and until they decide to put the AA version of the BAR in a fruitless venture. You're always going to be better off using the MG15 or the Madsen if you're going to attack planes. I still don't like the crossbow so I'm happy someone finds a use for it. I'd rather use old Lumpy or the Mortar then use it.

But thats just it, the Martini isn't fun anymore. XD I guarantee once everyone starts using the BAR like the assault rifle it is, its gonna get nerfed. I went 40-16 on Argonne with it before the patch hit. DICE is using popularity as "OP" right now. The Model 10 was the only gun that needed a nerf. I've been reading that the Autoloader for Medic is pretty OP though, I'll have to try it out as I never gave the gun a chance. The Lewis gun got  a gigantic buff that no one is talking about. It's overheat tolerance was pretty much doubled.

The rank 10 guns should have felt rewarding despite their handicap. The Martini did, The 1906 and Huot don't... and the Hellriegle is just a god weapon because of its mag size. They screwed up, which is all apart of the disaster of a progression system they made. When the medic class gets the Fedorov Avtomat, people are going to bitch and moan because medic already has 4 of the best weapons in the game. (Cie, Mondragon, SL Sweeper, Seb). All that crossbow is, is a slower version of the rifle nades medic has, which I've started racking up my share of triple kills with when I use it as a bunker buster. Medic is honestly the strongest offensive class if you run it with rifle nades and heal crate. The only reason I've played more assault than anything else is because no one else will, and then tanks run wild steamrolling objectives uncontested. The MP18 is great, but its not beating a full auto Cie, The automatico can, but its not beating the Cie or Mondragon, at medium range. You're the best at taking out tanks, and winning fights in the trenches or bunkers... but not much else.

That's why DICE needs to look at their progression system and change it. This is exactly why I wish they would of left the attachment system in game and unlocked the guns through progressive use of others like in BF4. Sadly they decided on this monstrosity of a system that only favors people who have no lives and can spend 6-8 hours playing this game (which isn't really a benefit more or less it just helps them unlock the rank 10 weapons faster). Honestly I was never really all that interested in the rank 10 weapons because we already have all of the best weapons for each class unlocked by rank 3. The Mon and Cei are by far the best Medic weapons (the Seb is amazing if you can get over the recoil while using it's Marksmen variant) for medium range encounters, the Autoloader is amazing but it's damage leaves a little to be desired (I mean the gun fires as fast as you can pull the trigger which for me is pretty damn fast. It's recoil is very manageable and if you get the extended mag version you're sitting with probably one of the best weapons the class has if you're going for an aggressive playstyle (it would definitely fit in with you Rifle Grenade/Medic Crate combo)), and the Sweeper is one of the best close range weapons in the game (outside of the Assaults SMG's). The BAR is by far the best weapon Support has with the 1909 coming in at a very close second (for me anyways). It's extremely stable, is capable of long range kills with precision accuracy, and its the only LMG that can hold it's own in close range fights (the 1909 is good if you use the Trench variant but nothing beats the BAR). The MG 15 is great for laying down suppressing fire from long ranges due to clip size and it's actually a pretty accurate gun if you use a version with the bipod. I can't comment on the Madsen as I've never used it outside of the campaign but considering how many people do use it I'd say it's a pretty good gun as well. Scout has by far the best weapons in the game if you understand how they work and they have everything you need for any range. Personally out of the rifles I've used I like the Russian 1895 and the 1903 isn't bad (I need to get used to the bullet velocity on it) for long range encounters. As I don't use the Scout for aggressive play I have no real opinion on the other rifles and their usefullness.

I've had no trouble beating out a full auto Cie with the MP18. The Cie starts to get pretty inaccurate after the second shot and even the Trench version has atrocious hip fire. An MP18 shouldn't lose out to it in any situation besides being ambushed. That's the real reason why I hate Assault, it's useless outside of taking out armor. Honestly they should of just left Medic as Assault and gave us an actual Engineer class again or at least have given the Assault class an actual medium range weapons (they honestly deserve a DMR or, as much as I hate to say it, give them the BAR. Honestly the BAR isn't much of an LMG in my opinion and I think it'd fit in the Assault class better. Then again the Hellreigel would have to go then (honestly it should be a Support weapon based on its mag size)).

Sadly though DICE won't learn from these mistakes until player counts start to drop and lets face it that won't happen for awhile. BF1 is pretty much the only viable FPS atm considering how much IW sucks. TF2 is another viable option but it seems BF1 is pretty much dominating the FPS market at the moment. Plus DICE will learn quite quickly what will happen if you nerf the BAR as Support will probably see massive drops in how much it's actually played (lets face it you're other options aren't that great weapon wise, I rarely see Lewis Guns and Madsens anymore. All I ever see is the BAR, 1909, and MG 15 with the BAR being the most used LMG). Plus most of what DICE does is based on what Youtubers (you can pretty much guarantee that the Martini nerf is the result of to many videos being put up about how godly the weapon was) say and we all know it's true. They have more say on what happens in games these days then your rank and file player so unless we get them on our side we'll probably not see any real good change in this game until the end of year 1 or around the time we get the Russian DLC.

13 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

I'd rather use old Lumpy or the Mortar then use it.

lmao. I will call it old lumpy from now on. XD

12 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

The Lewis gun got  a gigantic buff that no one is talking about. It's overheat tolerance was pretty much doubled.

I forgot about that. I haven't used the lewis gun in months because the overheat was bullshit and made the gun worthless.

Meh, this patch ruined the game for me. I found myself not having fun at all, and I'll probably hang it up until the first real DLC. Everyone is using LMGs now... Mostly BARs when you're not getting cross mapped by an MG15 or M1909. I didn't run into anyone using the Henry because is utter garbage now. Its a worse Lawrence of Arabia SMLE as I figured it would be. There is no reason to use it anymore unless you're a masochist. The Model 10 didn't really get much of a nerf to me. If anything they fixed it because the reticle bloom is fixed and is a tight circle on the screen again. You can run around with the gas mask on again to hipfire and slaughter everyone. The only thing that is gone is the lucky long shots when you could spam it 2-3 times and hit someone from very far away. Its one hit kill range is still absurdly strong, as long as most indoor hallways.

People cried too much that full auto weapons weren't stronger than single fire/semi-auto, and now they are, and its not fun.

martini13stor.jpg

This is a one shot kill to anywhere in the body. It will tear your limb off in real life, and you'd probably die in 1916 by the time you got aid. When its not, but a mounted MG can cross map you on Empire's Edge, thats BS too me. LMGs are strong now, but you can't run away from them with how accurate they've become. I don't like how DICE over buffs and over nerfs stuff now. The player base on PC has already halved. Most likely because they all got to rank 10 on every class and stopped playing.

Maybe its different in other game modes, but Operations is LMG/Russian heaven now. Everyone is still content on letting Tanks run wild. I don't like Domination. I'll go play Overwatch if I wanted to play small game modes... I might as well because solo q is the same for both games, where no one wants to play a roll that will win the match.

6 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

lmao. I will call it old lumpy from now on. XD

XD Thank Matimi0 for that. I got it from him in one of his videos (he calls it Lumpy but I like Old Lumpy better).

Meh, if this game emulated real life we'd all be fucked. Almost every single gun we're using can be deadly in one hit so yea. Sorry had to say it (I absolutely hate when people compare games to real life or aspects of games to real life because lets face it, this isn't real life and if games followed the same rules as real life games would be extremely boring (I use the "Once you die in combat you're dead for good and can't play the game anymore" scenario every time I hear it. See, games emulating real life would not be fun would they (sorry if I'm coming off as an ass but it's true and I'm tired so yea)). Honestly I grew bored of the game long ago. All I got on for was to try out the new map and crossbow and both are meh for me. I'll get on again around the time of the next DLC but until then I probably won't get on much. I'm honestly thinking of starting to play BF4 again because I miss it and I've been going through Metro withdrawals.

Honestly all Domination has been since before the patch is Shotguns, Sweepers, and Hellreigels and thats all it is now so not much has changed (Shotguns are a little rarer now). Very few people will run LMG's because they're not suited for close range combat. War Pigeons (this mode is amazing by the way. I tried it out Friday night and loved it. So fucking hectic but I could use a little less gas grenade spam) is pretty much Hellreigel central with a few Sweepers here and there. Honestly Domination is the only fun mode for me. Operations quit being fun the fifth time I did Kaiserschlact (sp?, to lazy to look it up), Conquer Hell, Iron Walls, and Oil of Empires. Even with the changes I rarely see the second map anymore and its just not fun getting steamrolled on the first map every single time I play or getting spawn camped by the airship/dreadnaught. DICE was extremely short sided in their design of Operations and it shows. I was expecting a tug of war type scenario where you're constantly being pushed back and pushing back the enemy to regain ground. Instead we got a half assed Rush/Conquest combination that grew stale very quickly.

True, but there should still be a difference. Otherwise we could say a pistol is just as good as a field gun because its just a game. :P

They need to reduce the tickets for attack on Operations, or return the cap speed back to how it use to be... or adjust it for each map. It could probably stay the same for Oil of Empires, but the rest of them, Attack is too strong now, after Defense was to strong on launch. When I play defense, I see the Attackers win the whole thing only losing one battalion. DICE use to be pretty good at balance, but I've lost a bit of faith in them with this game. It started out being really fun, but they've changed a lot of things I liked, and they've let lingering problems like too much gas, and vehicle reservations not working go unfixed. Which is really starting to piss me off. I don't have time to swap between Artillery Truck and Heavy Tank, becasue assholes just spam the tank they have it set on regardless if its good for the situation or not, just so they can have it before someone else gets it.

DICE can't make a complete good game in 2 years.... no one can.

I still have BF4 installed and I'm tempted to go back to play some rounds of conquest on it just to experience C4 jeeps again. You must be getting on some good rounds of operations because the last 2 operations I did when I was on attack never made it to the second map. And 1 of the 2 times I was on defense over this last week won. :P

I'd also like to point out that there is some shenanigans going on with their RNG system on loot boxes. I really wanted that Zulu skin for the Martini-Henry 2 weeks ago so I threw down and bought 10 packs. This allowed me to buy about 10 distinguished packs with the scrap I already had, the scrap I got from the 10 regular packs, and the scrap I got from scraping everything when not getting the Zulu skin. I got just about every blue skin twice except Zulu... and thats counting the blues I got from regular packs.

Fast Forward to today. I had enough scrap to buy 2 legendary packs. My free regular pack gave me the legendary Huot, as did my first legendary purchase, and I actually got the Henry with my second pack... although I wanted that Frommer more than anything now that the Henry is nerfed.

I have a feeling despite their labels the more beautiful weapons have lower drop tables. 

Amen to the RNG system shenanigans. The RNG is worse then Destiny's was in vanilla and that's sad. Out of all the battlepacks I've gotten since I started playing (this counts the 5 for the deluxe edition) I've gotten 4 Legendaries for guns I don't use (or which 1 was a duplicate I scrapped), 7 Distinguished skins of which I use maybe 3 of them, and a whole shit ton of crap whites that I don't use period as they're either worse than the base skin or just don't look any better than the base skin. DICE lowered to probability of getting blue and orange skins so they could push people to buy battlepacks for real money. It's freaking sad (especially when you consider how much it costs to buy 1 battlepack compared to what it costs to buy a loot box in Overwatch or what it costs me to buy dyes in FFXIV (which is roughly a $1 for one dye pot) and really makes me think DICE just checked out for this game (that or EA pressured them into doing this, who knows).

On 12/18/2016 at 6:34 PM, DeathscytheX said:

DICE can't make a complete good game in 2 years.... no one can.

I get the feeling based on how polished the game was at release that this game was in development for more then 2 years, I'm going with more around 3 (we know it was in some for of development when Hardline was first announced).

On 12/18/2016 at 6:34 PM, DeathscytheX said:

They need to reduce the tickets for attack on Operations, or return the cap speed back to how it use to be... or adjust it for each map. It could probably stay the same for Oil of Empires, but the rest of them, Attack is too strong now, after Defense was to strong on launch. When I play defense, I see the Attackers win the whole thing only losing one battalion. DICE use to be pretty good at balance, but I've lost a bit of faith in them with this game. It started out being really fun, but they've changed a lot of things I liked, and they've let lingering problems like too much gas, and vehicle reservations not working go unfixed. Which is really starting to piss me off. I don't have time to swap between Artillery Truck and Heavy Tank, becasue assholes just spam the tank they have it set on regardless if its good for the situation or not, just so they can have it before someone else gets it.

I'd be for a return to the cap speed. The tickets really aren't the problem here as is apparent in those matches where you can't get past the first sector with 250 tickets and a Behemoth. As it is the capping speed is to quick especially when you get a hold of certain points on certain maps (we all know which ones). Oil of Empires would be the only map that the new cap speed should stay on since it has always heavily favored Defense (especially Fao Fortress and Suez). I'm getting the feeling DICE forgot what it means to balance a game and is taking notes from companies like Blizzard (I'm talking WoW here not Overwatch) who over fix something while over nerfing other things. Honestly I didn't know how bad the Martini nerf was until I watched Westie's video (and honestly the nerf isn't really bad, if they raised arm damage a little more (not to where it was) I think the Martini would still be a very viable gun for people who run it. However this is only based on what little I know about the gun as, I have repeatedly said, I've never used the gun) and it's these kind of nerfs that need to stop. I'm pretty sure they're rebuff the gun in an upcoming patch like they did with mortars but you know it'll never be as good as it was before.

I think DICE's biggest problem is the period this game takes place in. They're used to modern shooters now (it's been how long since the first Battlefield released), they forgot what it meant to make a game in a time period where guns weren't as powerful as they are now. They're either underpowering guns that were actually pretty beastly (the Martini) and overpowering guns that probably weren't even that powerful to begin with (I use the Hellreigel here, there is no documentation on how powerful this gun actually was as it never saw use in the War and I believe only three were made (I don't remember, been awhile since I watched Westie's video on it) for testing with none surviving). It's a shit show and I hope by the time the first DLC rolls around they figure out what they're doing to balance this game properly because I'm really starting to regret buying Premium now.