DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

Warhorse is back for the BAR, I def recommend grinding for it. Its legendary worthy at the distinguished level. That Russian skin is beautiful too. I wouldn't mind having that. I disagree with Cap on repeats. We shouldn't have to wait months for a chance at a skin we missed, especially now that they offer way more per week. The chance of getting the one you want further decreases, but until the system is revamped its worth the opportunity to get something as good as Warhorse.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Those Russian and BAR skins look really slick. I haven't had time to get any game time in, but I'll be having more vacation days over the next couple weeks to grind out some scrap.

I agree with Levelcap about the patch wishlist. I hate seeing elite classes on domination. It makes no sense to me that these classes are in low population game modes like domination. Its like spawning Luke Skywalker on battlefront in a 6 vs 6 match. wtf. These classes do not belong in these game modes. Most people that get one of these classes stays in them the entire match as long as there is one medic and support on the team for health and resupplies. I've seen one spawn early and a match last only 5 mins with a score of 100-18 with the top guy on the other team going 40-3... in 5 minutes! Only 5 minutes! He was killing at least 1 person every 7 seconds. Seriously DICE!?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I bottle necked my way into playing scout, but I only have 1 more level to rank it to 10. The end out round screen has been fixed, but I feel like hit detection has suffered a bit lately. I had to swap back to my Frommer Stop from the Mars Auto because it was taking 5 shots at close range to kill anyone. WTF? It use to be 2 shots, and the pistol fires so slow, its not worth using right now. I think they really screwed up on the rank 10 support and Medic guns. The SL Sweeper and MG15  probably should have been rank 10 for those classes, the BAR is Supports best gun, but the MG15 has the largest mag.

The Frommer is a little beast of a pistol. It takes about 4-5 shots to kill someone, but you can shoot it faster than a Mars can get 2 shots off. Plus its really stable and has a very large amount of accuracy and control. I should have recorded a clip of me hipfire killing someone from the second story of a building with it.

Then there is this poor sap. XDXDXD Strider discovered the joys of sniping last night, we went to town on some poor souls in Operation Kaiserschlacht.

This gun is sooo much fun to use. On paper its shit, slow reload times between each shot, slow bullet travel, and no scope. All the streamers are right, Its super satisfying to land those kills. Even outside the sweet spot you still do 90-99 damage and get credit for the kill if someone else finishes them off. If I'm close range by getting caught off guard, i can pop a shot and swap to my Frommer really fast to finish the job in one shot. I guess the extra skill it takes to land shots makes it a satisfying experience. I got a few long distance headshots tonight, hopefully it saved when I hit the button. I don't know if I'll go back to long range sniping after playing with this gun. XD

Now that I'm rank 10 in all classes, I played around with my Model 10 some more and got my 6th service star. XD I can now enjoy all my favorite set ups.

Holy crap, this thing is huge. XD 41lbs?!

I was telling Strider about this video the other night. Under 60 where ever made, and none of them had matching parts. The dude was too stubborn to make changes for mass production. Pretty interesting history in this video.

I finally won on attack on Oil of Empires. We lost once on Suez, and once on Sinai, we were on the last attack with 30 tickets left and pulled it off. I can't talk about the Martini-Henry enough.. this is my RPG of this game XD.

Now I have my best snipe in any game ever... I didn't think I'd ever top my M1903 moving boat headshot... but here is a moving boat collateral with the Martini-Henry! XD

I was going to compile all of these together, but this one got lost some how. I was so pissed, because I thought PS4 didn't record it, but it just placed it in a odd order form how I recorded it.

And last but not least, and Ode to my favorite assault weapon.... which will probably get nerfed today with the incoming patch. It was a fun ride... here are some bullshit shots and outright massacres. :P

On a side note, it seems that using a wired connection improved video upload quality slightly. The red names arent compressed as much, and the text is much clearer in these videos that I've seen before.

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-1-general-discussion/battlefield-1-technical-discussion/10859-15th-november-2016-battlefield-1-patch-notes-symthic-style/?s=2f43d6230f23d8162046219eddbb97add7702062

Looks like the Model 10 escaped relatively unharmed XD. The Russian 1895's RoF got a significant nerf. 

Update: Yeah, model 10 is unaffected 

Yea let's nerf the only sniper rifle I like (and it honestly doesn't need it or at least the sniper varient doesn't. It honestly doesn't fire that fast) but leave the most op infantry weapon in the game alone. GG DICE, way to not listen to the community on that one (Domination is pretty much just Model 10 heaven, it's all I ever see anymore and it's taking the fun out of that mode for me).

Not to sure I'm happy about the BAR getting an increase in horizontal recoil though. Not sure it needs it bit whatever.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I tested the BAR. It's not even noticeable. At least for the storm varient. AA is where it needs to be now. Its still really strong, but I was able to get away from it half the time with about 20-40% of my health. It still took the airship down pretty fast. 

The buff to attack was good in the one game I played before work. It lasted a good 2 hours because we lost 1 attack on SQS and another on Amiens. But we won in the end. I think speeding up the cap might prove to be too advantageous for attack. The ticket increase and regain increase between sectors was good enough. Well see how it goes. 

I got some rounds in tonight and had a blast. This first video is of the Russian 1895 before the patch and the second is after. I see no real difference with the rate of fire decrease.

The MG 15 na storm is my new favorite lmg. Support is fun to play again but it needs another gadget for close quarters. 

I didn't get to try the blimps AA guns against infantry but seeing as I was able to juke and jive the shots coming at me I think it's safe to say their AOE got nerfed.

Now that I'm off work I can give a better analysis.

Support is still the weakest class. Even with the gun improvements, all its guns still have the worst TTK. You can take your favorite support weapon and put it in any other classes arsenal and you'd never touch it again. Support should get trip wire back. Scout's kit is too strong with a wide array of offensive and defensive gadgets. Signal flares are single handedly the best gadget in the game for large game modes, and you get 2 other items that locate enemies on the map on top of it. Even with trip wire, I hope support's kit gets some love in the DLC along with its weapons.

I can't tell from Sledge's video if the airship AA AoE is nerfed, its extremely hard to hit someone from the distance they were shooting at him. You have to arc the stream of shells and even then its hard. If its nerfed like that, then good, but I'm more interested in if someone is directly under you. As it was, it took about 4-5 hit markers to see a kill. Anyone that cries about the AA nerf is delusional. Its a decent nerf that still leaves planes no match for them, your best bet is do pull some shaky maneuvering til you can get away. AA was so strong that people actually used the stationaries in this game, which was highly uncommon in just about every other BF game. (See BFF Turrets XD)

The shotgun nerf is a complete joke. They basically normalized the damage across every area of the body, actually buffing its damage to limbs. The only thing taking away the headshot mutipler did was preventing higher crits when shooting someone prone facing towards you. This just cements the Model 10 as the best shotgun, as it made all the other shotguns slightly worse. The 10's future is questionable, while its super OP in small game modes, it doesn't shine quite as much on every map in big game modes. You're not going to beat a Medic or Scout without the element of surprise. I see a lot of people still using the MP18 and Automatico. The 10 would be easy to fix by simply adjusting its damage drop off by just a little bit. It's slow fire justifies is power, but when I can snipe a dude with it, or kill someone across the street in Amiens with 3 blasts... I mean, c'mon? It's OP.

The Russian's nerf is a PC focused nerf. On paper it looks huge, but watching Sledge's videos, it doesn't seem like much at all. It's still faster than the bolt actions. I'm sure the Russian was a lot more effective on PC with a mouse.

Overall I like the patch, but I'm disappointed they didn't reduce everyone's gas nade count to 1. Gas attacks favor the assault class more than any other class. Model 10 and Automatico Trench face zero penalty under the affects of the gas mask. As a scout you're reduced to the Frommer, which is a damn good pistol, but you aren't going to be beating more than one person like assault can. The SL Sweeper has great hipfire, but you're regulated to that weapon, and not everyone likes to play balls to the wall aggressive as medic. If they are never going to nerf gas, they should allow ADS with the mask on in prone, like the AT rocket gun can be.

I agree that support is the weakest class, but those lmgs can be useful thanks to suppression. From what I saw last night as long as I started shooting at an enemy first their accuracy against me was diminished so much that only 1/4 of their shots landed on me. I'm going to try it out in conquest later tonight to see if it saves me against snipers. And on the flip side, as a sniper DICE needs to implement some way of letting me know I'm being suppressed. On 3 different occasions last night I had perfect headshots that didn't register as a kill or even a hit. At first I was thinking it was the low hertz servers, but I saw some lmg guy shooting at me from long range. He never hit me with a bullet but I'm pretty certain I was getting a suppression penalty. As long as DICE doesn't turn suppression back to that crappy camera effect I'll be fine with a little notification icon somewhere on the screen.

That model 10 a does need a nerf. But until it does I'll be using it all the time on my assault class.

That scout flare gave me so many points at the bunker in Monte Grappa. I usually play medic in there and revive everyone, but instead I jumped in there as scout, shot flares at both entrances, kept resupplying and doing it again and again. By the end of the match I had so many damn points just from flare spot assists it was insane. These flares blow away the Tugs in terms of effectiveness. Once I start using support more often I'll keep track of how many suppression assists I get. It was beneficial to my overall score last night to just keep spitting bullets in the general direction of enemies even if I didn't see one because I was getting suppression assist points left and right.

After looking at my video again, the airship AA against infantry might not have been nerfed at all. I was standing on a ridge and most of those shots must have flown right past me instead of hitting the ground at my feet. The AA against the blimp still seems as effective as ever tho but the reduced effective range on it will keep the blimp in the air longer.

Lmao! I didn't get a video of my "accident" I have no idea how I died except from my view it looked like the ship clipped my head when you drove near it. but from your angle I died for no reason. XD

I'll never hit the share button in a loading screen again in bf1. it screwed up all my video captures from yesterday. I had a 9 or 10 sniping kill streak and it didn't save. X_x I got my Russian 1895 service star at the same time too.

I fully agree with everything Level said. This game, while amazing, is sadly taking more steps backwards then it is forwards and DICE just fails to see it (and when they finally do it'll probably be to late as everyone will go back to the games that actually are making strides forward (R6S and Overwatch to name a few). Medals don't feel like accomplishments anymore (ask Sledge, the poor guy isn't going to get his Rush medal because of how frustrating it is to get), just long grinds that don't even give you a good looking dog tag (and honestly who can brag about getting the Class medals, if you play a class long enough it only a given you should be able to get said medal when it comes up). There are only two guns worth anything once you hit rank 10 on your classes and we all know which ones (though I still say Medics is a good weapon, you just need to know how to use it). Hell I honestly don't care if I get battlepacks anymore because the skins just aren't worth the unnecessary amount of time you have to grind to get them (or the amount of money you're going to need to spend to get them all).

I chock my distaste up to getting burned out already on the game. It's fun but I'm already sick of the maps (especially in Operations, while I love the game mode I'm sick of playing on the same four sets of maps and never actually getting to see the second map in most of them anymore. At least in Domination I get to see all the maps but sadly even they are getting bland), I'm sick of one gun ruining all my fun (that Model 10 needs a nerf or needs to be taken out of the game, it's seriously getting to the point where you can't even do anything anymore due to the amount of people using it and there's really no counter to it unless you're sniping (sadly the 1907 Sweeper can't out damage it nor can the BAR)), and I'm getting sick of people not actually PTFOing anymore (Sledge and I ran into quite a few people today in Rush who were just farming kills and not actually playing the mode like you're supposed to). Honestly I'm no where near burned out on BF4 and this is troubling if, with all the hours I have logged into BF4, I'm already getting sick of BF1 (and all I play is Metro in BF4 and I never get sick of that map and I've logged at least 20+ hours into it out of my entire BF4 career).

Sadly I've really been considering buying Titanfall 2 just to get a taste of something different (or going back to BF4 but I'm pretty sure the community is dead for it now with BF1 out) or going back to playing R6S again (which I need to do with the new patch being out now). DICE needs to figure out how to reinvigorate this game quickly before more people start to feel the same way because I know I'm not the only one in this boat atm and it's only going to get worse if they continue to do things this way.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

From the Operations I've played the second maps pop up a lot more now that Attack got boosted... there are still shit teams that can't get there though. There is no excuse not to get the first sector as defenders have nothing. They don't get tanks, planes, or horses, and they don't even get an AA gun in most cases... yet it happens. I played Kaiserslacht today and lost because I was the only assault trying to take out tanks. I love assault, but I'm tired of playing assault. I wish I could be on these teams that can run wild with tanks. Everytime I get into one, I get TNTed and AT naded to oblivion.

The progression system is ass in this game. The medals are meh, the dog tags are 100% hot garbage, and most of the skins are the same crappy camo. Its WWI, so obviously we aren't going to get anything outrageous. But when you have slick skins like Warhorse, Bruiser, Doughboy, and The Medicine... its annoying when the rest of the legendary skins are the same damn camo pattered... I'm looking at you Riot, Blue Devil, The Mexican, and the two for the Madsen and Gewehr 95. I love the game play... but its a lot like BC2 where they just couldn't make enough stuff. Rank 4-9 offer nothing for each kit. Like Strider said, the Hellriegle and Martini-Hentry are the only real upgrades over what the class has to offer. The Seb Factory can't hold a candle to the Sweeper and Mondragon. The Huot is just terrible all around.

I'm not burnt out, but I will be toning down my play for a bit when GW2's new map comes out.